RaidersAreOne

Was it a valid ejection?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Was it a valid ejection?

• Yes
    • No

https://operations.nfl.com/media/4349/2020-nfl-rulebook.pdf

Page 60 on the pdf  12-3-1-e

Unnecessary physical contact with a game official. Under no circumstance is a player allowed to shove, push, or strike an official in an offensive, disrespectful, or unsportsmanlike manner. The player shall be disqualified from the game, and any such action must be reported to the Commissioner.

Unnecessary contact was made and collins was in complete control of his actions.  What else needs to be discussed?

On 9/16/2020 at 1:36 PM, MookieMonstah said:

The referee 100% initiates the contact dude. You posted the video. Watch it. He throws his body into Collins helmet, I don't care if it was a "flinch" or a "reaction", he created contact not Collins.

HeHum. Whose eyes did you watch the vid with? <smiles>

Dude, Collins approached the ref with is head down and the ref braced himself to take the hit. Can't blame the ref.
You never should get so close the the ref so as for him to worry that he may get hit like that. Collins was wrong. 

Is it an ejection situation? Well, let me see how you would like to see it worded into the rule book.
The most obvious line to draw is, "just say no to contact", *any* contact. Please don't say that "light contact" is Ok,
that wording will cause players to do the nudges and then someone will push the envelope to the max. Boom!

"Just say no to contact". That's the line in the sand. My opinion, of course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:

HeHum. Whose eyes did you watch the vid with? <smiles>

Dude, Collins approached the ref with is head down and the ref braced himself to take the hit. Can't blame the ref.
You never should get so close the the ref so as for him to worry that he may get hit like that. Collins was wrong. 

Is it an ejection situation? Well, let me see how you would like to see it worded into the rule book.
The most obvious line to draw is, "just say no to contact", *any* contact. Please don't say that "light contact" is Ok,
that wording will cause players to do the nudges and then someone will push the envelope to the max. Boom!

"Just say no to contact". That's the line in the sand. My opinion, of course.

I cant blame the ref for initiating the contact? Okay lol

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I cant blame the ref for initiating the contact? Okay lol

lol.... ignore my post, it was unnecessary physical contact.  Its rule book, you might not like it but it is valid.  The topic of the post is "Jaime Collins ejection valid or not"

rename it "is my *** chapped because the rules were enforced" and you will have more to discuss.

1 minute ago, burlow said:

lol.... ignore my post, it was unnecessary physical contact.  Its rule book, you might not like it but it is valid.  The topic of the post is "Jaime Collins ejection valid or not"

rename it "is my *** chapped because the rules were enforced" and you will have more to discuss.

Except Jamie Collins didn't make unnecessary physical contact because HE made no contact, the ref did. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, burlow said:

Except...the ref...initiated...the contact...

• Like 1

Just now, Louis Friend said:

Except Jamie Collins didn't make unnecessary physical contact because HE made no contact, the ref did. 

Unnecessary physical contact with a game official. 

where does it say who initiate contact?  Collins actions put him within inches of the ref for no valid reason (a complete mental lapse of judgement), contact was then made (I think we all agree this)

Ejection, easy textbook.

you guys are caught up on circumstances that dont matter.