MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

4 hours ago, Asciimo said:

it's close now but big win vs saints. the SOS is heavily in KC's favor and they are 13-1. stats are close enough that I think best record takes it.

Mahomes also has to make all these throws off of his back foot due to constant pressure. He got lit up multiple times last night from the blindside and finally went off on Fisher. No other QB would be this effective behind such a crap OL.

Carolina really decided they didn't want Rodgers to win MVP. I've never seen a team retreat into coverage immediately on play action, at worst that usually freezes the LBs, if not gets them false stepping. It's like they didn't care how many rushing yards they gave up, they weren't going to give up anything other than short passes and runs. That and a few dimes that were dropped that would've kept drives alive and improved Rodgers stats didn't help.

I'd say it's dead even at this point. Neither QB was elite but Mahomes came out looking a little better. I'd be down for Co-MVPs. 

Chiefs close out with two low level games though, Rodgers will be in primetime this week and then potentially next week too. As I could see FOX putting the Bears game to 3:25 to spread some non west coast viewership to the afternoon slot.

Two big games to close out the season and win the #1 seed might give him some recency bias into the vote.

Either way, insane season for these two. Both deserve it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Is this really the narrative Packers fans are leaning into to excuse using their first two picks on non-contributing pieces? 

Yeah, one guy playing behind an MVP and the other guy missing half the season because he got Covid. (And the third guy tore his ACL).

What a narrative lol. Post reeks of jealousy.

10 hours ago, Asciimo said:

it's close now but big win vs saints. the SOS is heavily in KC's favor and they are 13-1. stats are close enough that I think best record takes it.

The record is an interesting aspect that may come into play, but SoS has never mattered for this award, and I’d be saying the same if it was for Mahomes. 

1 hour ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

That's not how any of this works.

100%. A lot of people are misguided that MVP = Best Player on Best Team. That’s not true and Matt Ryan proved that’s not true, along with other times in history as well. MVP is the best season in the NFL on a team that is 11-5 or better. Unless a team goes 16-0, I would say that is different. It’s just coincidentally, if you look at history, the best season from a player is usually on the best team. That is not true as of right now.

Record will not factor in for me at all, maybe it will for the voters, but not for me. I will be giving it to whoever has the better season. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

100%. A lot of people are misguided that MVP = Best Player on Best Team. That’s not true and Matt Ryan proved that’s not true, along with other times in history as well. MVP is the best season in the NFL on a team that is 11-5 or better. Unless a team goes 16-0, I would say that is different. It’s just coincidentally, if you look at history, the best season from a player is usually on the best team. That is not true as of right now.

Record will not factor in for me at all, maybe it will for the voters, but not for me. I will be giving it to whoever has the better season. 

If Mahomes goes 15 and 1 behind this offensive line I don't care what Aaron Rodgers does, thats Mahomes' MVP trophy.