Browns release K Austin Seibert; promote K Cody Parkey 53 man roster

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Slye blew an XP against us but then sank a couple deep 45+ yarders. Amazes me how Kickers can struggle with such close shots vs. others.

Think being a kicker is more mental than physical, a lot like a basketball player missing an open shot, if you doubt yourself even a little, its over.

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I knew as soon as he missed the XP he was gone.

It's game over anyway, but when you miss an XP that should make it 10-7 and then blow a chip shot FG that would cut it 17-10 at the half, that turns into 24-6 WITH Baltimore getting the ball in the beginning of the 2nd, that swings the entire game and the gameplan goes completely out the window.

The Browns defense will be almost dead last this year, and Lamar Jackson looks great too. Bad combination all the way around.

• Like 2

Kinda surprising they cut him after one game, but he just wasn't very good. Started off last year decently enough and was usually good with kicks under 40 yards, but seemed to get worse later in the year and that extended into yesterday.

With that said, I'm not sure if Parkey is much of an upgrade.

17 hours ago, DawgX said:

Kinda surprising they cut him after one game, but he just wasn't very good. Started off last year decently enough and was usually good with kicks under 40 yards, but seemed to get worse later in the year and that extended into yesterday.

With that said, I'm not sure if Parkey is much of an upgrade.

Don't think it was just one game DawgX. IIRC, he was leaking oil coming down the stretch last year.

Hell yeah. He didn’t deserve to be the scapegoat in Chicago tbh. He started out that season bad but put it together and then missed the playoff fg but it never should’ve come down to that in the first place. The loss to the eagles is on the shoulders of Nagy and the terribly conservative offense and poor execution across the board. I feel like he can still be serviceable in the league, especially somewhere easier to kick at than Chicago 

Edited by Ty21