What movie are you watching?

Forge

34 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i couldnt watch that again. same with interstellar

Inception is one of those movies (like Memento) where more layers are uncovered and more pieces are revealed with multiple viewings to amplify the experience imo.  I’ve seen Interstellar a few times but it doesn’t have the level of rewatchability that Gravity does.  I could watch that a million times.  

Edited by thrILL!

Just now, thrILL! said:

Inception is one of those movies (like Memento) where more layers are uncovered and more pieces are revealed to greater experience.  I’ve seen Interstellar a few times but it doesn’t have the level of rewatchability that Gravity does.  I could watch that a million times.  

i just dont give a damn about any of the characters in Inception. 

Gravity is less rewatchable to me than Interstellar enough. although to be fair, i did watch Gravity in an airplane TV

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

Gravity is less rewatchable to me than Interstellar enough. although to be fair, i did watch Gravity in an airplane TV

I first saw it on the biggest IMAX screen there is so it made a big impression.  And I just love the pacing of it.  

inglorious basterds

opening scene is obviously great, but not enough credit is given to the man opposite Hans Landa.

he is so natural and believable in his role of the familyman.

he deserves just as much credit in the scene

every scene in the movie is pefect so far.

brad pitt and the jew bear scene is even better than the first scene.

the dicotomy of the jew bear being built up as a horror mystery, than revealed after the kill as a boston douchebag is hilarious.

small setups like when they kept cutting to the terrified nazis face while all this was happening, and the payoff when he immediately pointed out everything was brilliant.

after rewatching it, its definitely top 5 movie all time

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (2019)

This is a massively-hyped movie. Deserved? Yes and no. Full disclosure: Late 60's/early 70's LA is my favorite setting for movies. With that being said, the movie does a great job of putting you in that world, combining real life and fictional actors. And the movie is kinda QT's love letter to this period in the movie industry and the LA area in general. It really plods along, but since it's Leo and Brad, it's enjoyable plodding. The overall plot is ok, and I guess the ending is what everyone was really waiting for, which I guess was very QT-esque. Just don't expect an action-packed thrill ride. 

B+