What movie are you watching?

Forge

I am back on movies I have never seen before.

Triple 9 was NOT a good one to get back with.

It was actually kinda horse****.

It was like it tried to be great by pulling 17 surprise kills.  After the 16th surprise kill, it was just people getting killed.

Still a great cast with some solid acting.  I imagine fans of The Town and other crime dramas would at least not regret watching it.

Pretty soon I’m going to start charging for my takes on movies.  I’ll do a YouTube channel.  Make tens of dollars.

I really, really, really, really, really loved Love and Monsters.

It created a fantastically fun world. 

I really, really, really hope there's a sequel.

I feel like this would have been a surprise hit if it hadn't been for covid. 

Very enjoyable movie.  Might be the best of 2020 for me, but I'd have to look at that because I don't even know what came out when anymore. 

And now I’m watching Prospect.  I have a feeling it’s gonna be boring and use up 27 minutes with those pointless nature shots and that soothing music they used to sell at Target where they called it like Earth Whispers or Cascade Breeze.  But I like Pedro Pascal, so I’ll give it a shot.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

And now I’m watching Prospect.  I have a feeling it’s gonna be boring and use up 27 minutes with those pointless nature shots and that soothing music they used to sell at Target where they called it like Earth Whispers or Cascade Breeze.  But I like Pedro Pascal, so I’ll give it a shot.

I was wrong.

It’s pretty good so far.  Cool world building.  I’d like to see more from this world, too.

Star Trek: Beyond. 

The first two movies were good - not great, but worth watching. I don't know what went wrong with this one, but it went very wrong (it could be that hack Sabotage scene, but it fails before that scene). This movie is less the sum of its parts, and that's a shame. Chris Pine, Zachery Quinto, Karl Urban, John Cho, Anton Yelchin, Simon Pegg, Zoe Saldana are really good overall - that alone should propel this into a better movie. Heck, Idris Elba and Sofia Boutella aren't completely horrible (it's not Benedict Cumberbatch as Khan, but... it's not bad).

I'm curious as to the future of these movies. The shows seem to hold up (I wouldn't really know, I haven't watched Discovery) but is there a spot to make another attempt at this franchise? Could Quentin Tarrintino save this franchise?

Too much thinking this early in the morning.

1 minute ago, mattyice0401 said:

I saw it in the imax as well not Irvine but LBC. 

Oh nice. I haven’t been to that one before.  I know some IMAX theaters have the smaller version screen.  I saw Avatar in Irvine so that’s always been one to count on ever since.  I really want to see Top Gun: Maverick on it too. 

21 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Oh nice. I haven’t been to that one before.  I know some IMAX theaters have the smaller version screen.  I saw Avatar in Irvine so that’s always been one to count on ever since.  I really want to see Top Gun: Maverick on it too. 

It was imax but it was one of the smaller screen that your talking about so it’s not the full effect. I saw avatar in imax too at one of the huge screens in Scottsdale and it was so cool. Top gun would be cool to see. 

The Midnight Sky is the boringest pretentiousest movie ever and George Clooney is the most pretentious hack there is.  Except unlike a lot of pretentious hacks (Lynch, Cronenberg, Arronofsky, etc), Clooney doesn’t have any actual talent.  So watching one of his movies is like watching an Arronofsky movie if Arronofsky just recently had a brain aneurysm.  No, watching a George Clooney movie is like watching an Arronofsky movie, but Arronofsky is a 16 year old clone of Arronofsky who was told he’s a clone of Arronofsky and was given 50 million dollars to make a movie and a bunch of actors who have serious talent were contractually obligated to star in it.

Most entertaining scene was Sweet Caroline.  And not because of the directing, but just because of being able to listen to Sweet Caroline while watching the most boring ****ing movie ever.

Edited by Outpost31