What movie are you watching?

Forge

Soul - Incredible movie. Very good combo of entertainment and depth. It has a ton of little scenes that's easy to overlook (connie being a teenager, asking about the Barber's life) but there are also scenes that are absolutely incredible (there is a montage that will be one of my favorite moments in all Pixar movies) that make this movie special. Loved the animation too. NY looked vibrant.

Must watch, especially if you enjoy Pixar movies.

Edited by Canadian Saint
Didn't want to spoil

5fe4ecd1a644880018193577

I went into Pixar's latest offering Soul, with middling expectations, and what it ended up seemed about in line with my expectations.  It wasn't a bad movie by any means, I enjoyed it, and there are parts i'd definitely like to re-watch, but there are also a lot of off beats in the movie that make it drag a bit.  The animation was top notch, the voice acting was all good, the music is incredible throughout, but the story itself just seems to lack a bit.  Jamie Foxx did everything he could to breath life into this character, but in the end, it wasn't a character you really feel for. The character had decent character growth throughout the movie, but it also left me feeling a bit unfulfilled, and I don't think the ambiguous ending was the way to go.  I liked the more serious tone of the movie, sprinkled with comedy throughout.  I'd call it a good movie, but middle of the pack for Pixar at best.

B

Pixar rankings

1. Toy Story
  2. Finding Nemo
  3. Toy Story 3
  4. Monsters, Inc
  5. Coco
  6. Inside Out
  7. WALL-E
  8. The Incredibles
  9. Toy Story 2
  10. Cars
  11. Onward
  12. Brave
  13. Up
  14. Toy Story 4
  15. Soul
  16. Incredibles 2
  17. Cars 3
  18. Ratatouille
  19. Cars 2
  20. Monsters Univesity
  21. A Bug's Life
  22. Finding Dory
  23. The Good Dinosaur
  • Like 1

2acc87e6136562dcc2f1581da94c7125.png

It had been a while since I had seem Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, so it was nice to go back and watch this again.  Just stuck with the standard theatrical version since it was easier to stream.  Such a stellar cast with Viggo, Ian McKellen, Hugo Weaving, Cate Blanchete, Sean Bean, etc...  Truly does the epic thing right.  Looking forward to watching Two Towers again, as that is usually my favorite of the trilogy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

2acc87e6136562dcc2f1581da94c7125.png

It had been a while since I had seem Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, so it was nice to go back and watch this again.  Just stuck with the standard theatrical version since it was easier to stream.  Such a stellar cast with Viggo, Ian McKellen, Hugo Weaving, Cate Blanchete, Sean Bean, etc...  Truly does the epic thing right.  Looking forward to watching Two Towers again, as that is usually my favorite of the trilogy.

Fellowship is my favorite. But all three are good

Heres my play by play review of Wonder Woman 1984:

-Bad CGI right off the bat lol

-Dorky superhero physics/the lasso thing just looks stupidly fake 

-She had total control of the mall thieves situation but dropped them on a cop car for no reason causing tons of unnecessary damage 

-Feels like it’s just trying to capitalize on current 80’s fetish caused by Stranger Things

-Gal Gadot is uncomfortably and disconcertingly sexy 

-So is wiig don’t judge me 

-DC finally tries a little for comedic relief which is forced but nice. Marvel gets it right like 10 times out of 10 so it’s a step in the right direction for DC that takes itself too seriously and sucks most of the time 

-Is Chris pine gonna die again since he’s not in the modern movies lol 

-She’s trying to keep her cover but throws Wiig’s attacker in the park 30 feet away when she could’ve easily incapacitated him in a way that made her look human

-Ope wiig just wished she was sexy like Gal Gadot lol. If only she said “uncomfortably and disconcertingly sexy” so I didnt feel like a simp 

-Oberyn Martell just handed Gadot a card and said he’d get her a 19 inch tv. Wish I had the courage to offer inches to Gadot

-Oberyn has a Chinese son, only cause the filmmakers know how adorable Chinese kids were in the 80s (goonies/16 candles)

-“loser” “I’m not a loser. He is a loser” is some top notch writing 

-it wouldn’t be a movie about strong independent women if there weren’t several conversations about high heels. Good call, DC

-I’m like a half hour in and still no slow motion zoom in on wonder woman’s face. Will update when it happens. It will happen. 

-they have a conversation about the wish rock thing in Wiigs office and then he makes out with her and sneaks it behind his back as if she wouldn’t notice the topic of their entire discussion is no longer where it was. 

-why did wonder woman’s boyfriends face change lol

-disgusting sexual undertones 

-oh, I guess the face morph thing is here to stay cause Chris Pine is possessing someone 

-if the dreamstone took wishes literally, Oberyn Martell wishing to be the dreamstone would’ve just made him transform into the non sentient dreamstone and the movie would end logically then are there. 

-oh so Wonder Woman and the Chris pine possessed dude bang. She resurrects a dude dead 40 years and then bangs him within an hour of him coming back to life. 

-Chris Pine was astounded by an escalator in the 80s after being dead 40 years even though escalators were invented in the 1890s and would’ve existed for 50 years in his life

-I should’ve posted this one by one as I watched it instead of combined in this note so I could get a ton of likes from malf 

-why would making your jet invisible make it disappear on radar lol 

-the park heckler dude is back to heckle again and he has zero injuries from being roughly shoved 30 feet. And wiig is entirely unphased by the fact that she suddenly has superpowers 

-the swooping in and picking up the Arabian kids in the road looked so incomprehensibly bad lmao. When she hit the ground, the kids couldn’t have looked more like mannequins lol. A movie with this budget, I can’t even understand this. This is the special effects you’d see 20+ years ago 

-ah, the stone taking wonder woman’s abilities explains why she looked like such a wimp against the gun trucks on the road lol. But didn’t take all of her ability, God’s be damned. 

-the mandolorian having struggles makes no sense. He could just write a wish on a piece of paper, have anyone read it and his struggles go away 

-Wiig shoved the two dudes apart that were handcuffed together but luckily neither dude was degloved by the incident or suffer a broken wrist or anything 

-she just threw her lasso like 4000 feet to an airplane. How long is this thing 

-and Chris pine dies, so all is right. Hope the actor he possessed all movie gets his money for this movie

-also nice of the strong independent woman to be okay with giving up her powers all movie and putting the world in jeopardy so she could have a boyfriend 

-wait where did her flying golden armor come from lol

-how does being able to broadcast himself to the world enable him to hear everyone’s wishes lol

-okay so wiig turns into a leopard and tosses Gal Gadot’s **** until she says she gave up her wish. And just saying this line gave Wonder Woman the the upper hand lol. Then she electrocutes wiig leopard in the same electrocuted water Wonder Woman is in and it takes out wiig leopard and not Wonder Woman, even though wiig has the same ability as Wonder Woman. This is tremendous writing

-oh I guess Oberyn hearing everyone’s wishes and getting everyone’s nothing abilities enables him to be able to control wind 

-part of the plot was he was foiled by a guy that couldn’t wish cause he already made a wish and there was a one wish limit but he ended up disregarding that law he couldn’t control to give Wiig another wish

-now his Chinese son is running down the middle of the highway. Why?

-the president renounced his wish and the missile disappeared but exploded a little before disappearing. So undoing his wish could’ve killed someone if they were in close proximity. 

-so the only good wish would be to wish for the gift of foresight, then jot down the stock market and sports bets for the next 10 years and then renounce your wish 

-oh ok, now Wonder Woman is gonna bang the shell Chris pine possessed all movie lmao 

-she’s flying quite quickly at the end, making slowly web swinging on lightning earlier absolutely pointless and it actually probably slowed her down considerably from reaching her target

-so the world remembers their wishes but don’t arrest Oberyn martell for like almost ending the world

-all in all, I didn’t hate it outside of the atrocious saving the kid mannequins on the highway bit. As a pathological DC hater, I’ll give it a 7/10. 

Edited by Ty21
  • Like 1

1*HI8-qHGej0DfQc2HTXMimQ.png

Yeah, it's easy to remember why Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers is my favorite of all the middle earth movies.  The quality of the first 85% of the movie is pretty much on par with FotR, but man, the last twenty minutes or so are just phenomenal. From Treebeard's speech of the last march of the Ents with the music just beginning to swell, to the last stand of the Rohirim and busting out of the Keep, to Gandalf and Eomer's charge to save the day as the sun rises with the horn blaring, to the ring starting to take Frodo only to be saved by Sam and that speech at the end, and all throughout the score from Shore just hitting on all cylinders throughout these scenes.  Just so awesome.  Boiling everything down to "There's good in this world.....and it's worth fighting for".  Words to live by, man.

Edited by THE DUKE

I watched Platoon last night, makes me glad I wasn't in the army. Also makes me appreciate the men and women who are on the front lines.  Directer Oliver Stone actually was in the Vietnam war and this film is based on his experiences.  And the fact that 'We were at war with each other' is scarier.  Great film, very little rewatchability