What movie are you watching?

Forge

d165-c025-1101j8-001-01453268-r-jpg-1541

Finally got around to watching Outlaw King, and I must say that it exceeded my expectations.  It gets a little clunky around the middle when the **** starts hitting the fan, but overall the story, sets, acting, and action sequences are all very well done.  Pine does well in an understated portrayal of Robert the Bruce, and while i'm sure there is plenty "for dramatic effect" involved, it is waaaaay more historically accurate than most movies.  It's not great, but it is very good and probably a movie i'll watch again someday, which puts it over most of the Netflix movies.

B/B+

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Watched that for the first time yesterday and it wasn’t a bad film, was not expecting the ending. 

Makes me want to read the book as well. 

I just happened across the book at a bookstore by me and got it for $1. I’ll probably read it sometime in the future. Could probably get through it quicker than the 3 hour long movie lol

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Watching Into The Wild for like the 40th time 

I wish I could venture into the wilderness for a few months and live. Would be awesome to be out there alone for awhile and get lost in your thoughts. I'm addicted to hot showers though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

I wish I could venture into the wilderness for a few months and live. Would be awesome to be out there alone for awhile and get lost in your thoughts. I'm addicted to hot showers though.

Yeah I’d just die from exposure the first night 

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Now that I'm a Floridian for the past few years I would too. Cold air is EVIL!

I just went on a 4 mile walk and it was sleeting the whole time so I imagine I probably would’ve outlasted that dude in Into The Wild in the Alaskan wilderness.