What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 1/27/2021 at 7:10 PM, Malfatron said:

justice league is terrible

it has literally one good moment (where the flash is running at superman, and superman turns around)

the rest is terrible and boring

worst supervillain as well

Hey at least it’s 4 hours long 

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Seeing that final twenty minutes of Last of the Mohicans made me realize I had pretty much only seen the final 20 minutes of that movie.

It’s an alright movie punctuated by a good ending, but it’s still overrated.

I had three coworkers at my job that heavily got into cocaine and it slowly dragged down their work performance (they were decent employees before) and one by one they got fired until just the last one was left so I said he was The Last of the Cokehicans

Filmmakers, Steven Spielberg included, trying to tell me why theaters need to survive are the worst.

No they don’t.  Don’t tell me it’s a community thing.  You’re not supposed to talk during a movie.

Don’t tell me it’s an aspect ratio thing.  If that were the case, movies would only be seen once in a lifetime.  It’s easy for you to say in your 20 million dollar house and your million dollar screening room, but most people watch movies on a 30 inch TV and are absolutely okay with it.

Film can never die.  It is now a staple of humanity as significant as indoor plumbing and it will survive for the next thousand years, but theaters can die.

If you want a sense of community, join a ****ing volleyball league.  I don’t need loud kids, crinkling wrappers, yapping during a horror movie or applause and whoops and hollers at every Marvel cameo.

I want to enjoy them alone in the company of myself and nobody else.

25 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I want to enjoy them alone in the company of myself and nobody else.

No one is stopping you from doing that.  Other people enjoy going to the theater.  I think we'll see a reduction of the number of theaters, but it's certainly not going away as a way to consume movies.

• Like 2

No one is stopping you from doing that.  Other people enjoy going to the theater.  I think we'll see a reduction of the number of theaters, but it's certainly not going away as a way to consume movies.

For me, its a way to get out of the house. I think tons of people will stay WFH once COVID is contained, the last year has been a great trial run that has showed workplace efficiency for most jobs stays the same or is even better if you can do so from home. My industry, accounting and finance, is definitely pivoting to a WFH model IMO. 

So you have more people spending more time at home, wanting more excuses to get out of the house. Thats a big reason why movie theaters are going nowhere. If you want to get out, and dont want to get dinner or get hammered, and especially if the weather isnt great (Or its night, whatever) then going to a movie is a great option. 

I was more content to watch a movie from home on a Friday night after being out of the house for 10 hours. Now that doesnt apply. Its also a great option if your a drinker like myself but enjoy taking breaks. You get part of that 'going out' feel without the hangover. Or without as much of the hangover, a beer or two before a movie is good fun. 

Along with other factors the above is why going YOLO on AMC rather than GME was my play in the market. I see long and short term potential for the business. 

29 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

You and your type keeps me and my type from seeing it for about three to four months.

I want theaters to die as the primary source of film viewing so I don’t have to wait.

I pay more to watch the movie alone and I’m the one that has to wait and I’ll tell you I’m angry about it.  I’m angry about everything, but also this.

20 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You and your type keeps me and my type from seeing it for about three to four months.

I want theaters to die as the primary source of film viewing so I don’t have to wait.

I pay more to watch the movie alone and I’m the one that has to wait and I’ll tell you I’m angry about it.  I’m angry about everything, but also this.

Honestly, i'd have no issue with simultaneous release, i'd still prefer to see blockbusters on the big screen, but they won't do it because they get to double dip with the current model.

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

lol now I definitely take pleasure being an avid theater goer.