What movie are you watching?

Forge

9 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

There are definitely comedies that worked before that fall flat these days (like Date Night) but there is a comfort in knowing no matter how bad they become after time, nothing will ever be as bad as Entertainment. 

You only watched 6 minutes!

You need to watch the whole thing. It sticks with you

Also, Entertainment is not a comedy.

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

Knock at the Cabin.. I tend to like M Night's movies and this one is no exception. I had my wife order the book (Cabin at the End of the World) so I can give it a read. Give it a watch, free on Netflix. Or maybe it was Amazon who knows man

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

Fast X is a typical Fast and Furious movie.  Crazy action and stunts, talk about family.  Jason Momoa as the villain is very entertaining.  He's over the top and still threatening and is the main reason to watch this entry.  This movie makes the mistake of mentioning a better movie in the series, Fast Five.  Also, this movie just ends as we're getting a part 2 in 2025.  I liked this one a little more than the 8th and 9th entries, but it's still just an ok movie.  6/10

19 hours ago, adamq said:

Knock at the Cabin.. I tend to like M Night's movies and this one is no exception. I had my wife order the book (Cabin at the End of the World) so I can give it a read. Give it a watch, free on Netflix. Or maybe it was Amazon who knows man

I did the same thing as you, but then watched it again after reading it. It’s much better the second time once you read it and some of the changes between the two were preferable 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

Fast X is a typical Fast and Furious movie.  Crazy action and stunts, talk about family.  Jason Momoa as the villain is very entertaining.  He's over the top and still threatening and is the main reason to watch this entry.  This movie makes the mistake of mentioning a better movie in the series, Fast Five.  Also, this movie just ends as we're getting a part 2 in 2025.  I liked this one a little more than the 8th and 9th entries, but it's still just an ok movie.  6/10

I have only seen fast and the furious one and Tokyo drift but my brother has been pining for me to watch them all for the longest time. I really have no interest because it just seems like a dumb Americanized Bollywood action film 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I have only seen fast and the furious one and Tokyo drift but my brother has been pining for me to watch them all for the longest time. I really have no interest because it just seems like a dumb Americanized Bollywood action film 

Fast Five is the best in the series, I highly recommend that one.  Personally, I enjoyed 6 and 7 despite how dumb and over the top they get.  8-10 feels like all they care about is trying to top the action scenes from the previous movies.   Jason Momoa did make Fast X worth watching.

12 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Pretty much the same for me. I watched the first one. I might have watched the second or third, but I can’t remember if I watched more than a few minutes of either. My dad was in the hospital last week, and he had one of them on TV. Neither of us were really into it and only watched a few minutes, during which time they were driving cars out of an airplane and parachuting down…

Watched the new TMNT movie yesterday. I really enjoyed it even with some of the changes they made, but didn’t like the ending.

1. I understand they made April around the same age as the Turtles in the newer comics, but I think her being older works better for the adult-teenager dynamic.  Also if the bring in Casey Jones is he going to be a teenager also?

2. Then toned down Mikey being the funny one, and gave it to Donatello. It was weird seeing Donny mostly having all the jokes.

3. I get it’s a family film but having them actually go to high school at the end of the film is a really dumb idea.

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Hahaha The Office Kevin GIF | GIFDB.com

Listening to Minnie Drive talk in "Hard Rain"

I love forgetable movies between 1997-1999 because i worked at a movie theater and saw every single one for free.

Hard Rain is probably the 2nd most forgettable movie that i remember seeing during that span. I think Palmetto with woody harrelson gets top honors though

• Like 1

Bullets Over Broadway feels like it's from a different planet now. I still enjoy it a great deal, but when people say "they don't make them like they used to", I feel like this movie is a perfect example of that type of flick. They really don't make movies like this anymore it feels like. There are so many reasons that this could be a bad movie, but it somehow all works.  The performances are fun. 

35 minutes ago, MacReady said:

No One Will Save You.

Either has the worst final thirty minutes ever or this really should have been a theatrical release.

It’s relentless alien invasion horror. Like if the final ten minutes of 10 Cloverfield Lane was a 90 minute movie. 

35 minutes later, did it?