What movie are you watching?

Forge

Posted (edited)

I just watched Madam Web on Netflix, holy f*ck, there’s almost no words for how bad this was.  That is literally one of the worst comic book movies I’ve ever seen in my life. Some of the worst acting and dialog I’ve ever seen in my life topped off with atrocious ADR for Ezekiel, which it’s clear as day why nobody in this film looked like they really gave a shyt once you see how inept the script was. So many baffling decisions/plot holes and things unexplained (including how Cassandra gets her spider powers, the whole premise to the movie), it almost made me appreciate it in a “laughably bad” kinda way… almost.

For the longest time, I thought Fant4shyt was the worst comic book movie not named Catwoman or Batman & Robin ever made, but this is seriously giving me second thoughts. Don’t let that fool you, knowing the universe this is apart of and the people/studio behind it (the same dolts who wrote Morbius were brought back to write this, let that sink in), I was expecting hot garbage. They’ve given me no reason to expect anything else apart from the Spider-verse stuff.

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

I just watched Madam Web on Netflix, holy f*ck, there’s almost no words for how bad this was.  That is literally one of the worst comic book movies I’ve ever seen in my life. Some of the worst acting and dialog I’ve ever seen in my life topped off with atrocious ADR for Ezekiel, which it’s clear as day why nobody in this film looked like they really gave a shyt once you see how inept the script was. So many baffling decisions/plot holes and things unexplained (including how Cassandra gets her spider powers, the whole premise to the movie), it almost made me appreciate it in a “laughably bad” kinda way… almost.

For the longest time, I thought Fant4shyt was the worst comic book movie not named Catwoman or Batman & Robin ever made, but this is seriously giving me second thoughts. Don’t let that fool you, knowing the universe this is apart of and the people/studio behind it (the same dolts who wrote Morbius were brought back to write this, let that sink in), I was expecting hot garbage. They’ve given me no reason to expect anything else apart from the Spider-verse stuff.

My wife went on a rant yesterday about horrible it was. Almost as if they edited it to be as putrid as possible. She saw all the hate online and assumed it was the same women hating BS that tanked Birds of Prey and Captain Marvel... but no, it is just a true piece of garbage.

The Judge

Duvall, Downey Jr, d'obofrio, Billy Bob thornton

INot one to watch if you have Dad issues. Or it is. Up to you. Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed the writing and acting. It wasn't really a courtroom movie like I expected, but it is far better than the 49% rotten tomato score imo

• Like 1

4 hours ago, adamq said:

The Judge

Duvall, Downey Jr, d'obofrio, Billy Bob thornton

INot one to watch if you have Dad issues. Or it is. Up to you. Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed the writing and acting. It wasn't really a courtroom movie like I expected, but it is far better than the 49% rotten tomato score imo

I enjoyed it until the twist so I understand the low score.  Killed any chance of future rewatches too. 

12 hours ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

The 2001 film Rat Race. I saw it once when it first came out and laughed my *** off. I'm happy to say I still found it funny after 23 years.

Such a great cast in that movie, but the Jon Lovitz scenes are my favorite 🤣

I watched the first half of Alien first time in a long time and even though very little happened its actually a freaky movie

Aliens is just a farce.

I can admit that Alien is a better movie than Alien 3 now, but Aliens is shlock.

James Cameron totally killed the horror aspect

I saw two movies this weekend one was Hush which I really enjoyed it was a home invasion movie. 7 5/10

The second was called sanctuary I don't know how to describe the movie but the girl acting in it was phenomenal 8/10.

21 hours ago, Malfatron said:

I watched the first half of Alien first time in a long time and even though very little happened its actually a freaky movie

Aliens is just a farce.

I can admit that Alien is a better movie than Alien 3 now, but Aliens is shlock.

James Cameron totally killed the horror aspect

He didn’t kill the horror aspect, he just turned it into an action horror and added a kid. Came really close to salvaging it by killing so many and creating an ALMOST bleak feeling, though even if I haven’t seen it a dozen times, there’s not really any fear of the kid dying. 

Aliens is a fantastic movie. A top 200 movie all-time. It could have been a top 10 movie all-time.

Remove the childish dialogue, eliminate the mom/adopted daughter element and cut the comedic relief in half and it’s a top 10 movie ever made.

Alien is legit a top 2 cosmic horror movie ever made. It’s lessened by Aliens. Alien cannot escape Aliens. At the same time, I doubt very much the franchise holds up as much as it does without Aliens. Aliens brought it to the mainstream and gave Alien eternal life. There’s just no mass appeal to cosmic terror, so we got Aliens when we should have had Aliens minus child.

• Like 1