What movie are you watching?

Forge

10 hours ago, thrILL! said:

4738_19_large.jpg

Good Will Hunting 

With the commentary track w/ Ben Affleck, Matt Damon & Gus Van Sant which is outstanding.  You could tell that Ben Affleck was going to be a great director from the way he talked about the process of making this movie. 

I’ve seen this movie so many times, but without commentary track. I’ll have to do that next watch 

• Like 1

hk_03117.jpg

Hunter Killer was a fun sub movie.  Good action scenes, some earned stakes, and a couple nice surprises.  Butler and Nyqvist were great as the captains and was just well done all around.  Not a great movie, but a good one and a fun one that I think will have high rewatchability.  Did some great work building tension.

B

21 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

For anyone who likes action with an awesome plot I recommend watching  Upgrade It's my regal crown club card that's how big of a fan I am. Awesome flick 9/10 for me .

I enjoyed this, 9/10 is a bit rich for me, but it was a solid B

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

A Quiet Place: Day One kinda sucked.  Like, of all the directions they could have gone with a day one scenario, they went with the least interesting.  You don't even get the vibes that it is day one in the movie.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, iknowcool said:

A Quiet Place: Day One kinda sucked.  Like, of all the directions they could have gone with a day one scenario, they went with the least interesting.  You don't even get the vibes that it is day one in the movie.

That's one of my biggest pet peeves

Spoiler

Along with the inorganic meeting with Joseph Quinn, I would of much preferred her nurse from the beginning being the other main character. 

65bd3758290d2.image.jpg

Godzilla Minus One was absolutely fantastic.  Far and away the best Godzilla movie i've ever seen, it's probably a top 10 sci-fi movie of the 21st century for me.  And while the effects and monster were all fine and dandy, it was what so many Godzilla movies overlook, the human story in it.  Love that it is set just post WW2 and it did a tremendous job of establishing a great group of character, most of which have a solid narrative arc and development.  I chose watching with the Japanese audio with english subtitles because the nuances of performances are always better in the actual language.  I might watch an english dub at some point, but glad I chose what I did.  Great movie.

A

• Like 5

4 hours ago, adamq said:

Hahah now here's a classic. A few years back there was chatter about Kevin Smith doing a reboot but I guess that died

I tried watching this after watching Ready player one, and the lead character  said this was his favorite movie ever. I couldn’t finish it, even as a kid I don’t think I would’ve enjoyed it. Just wasn’t good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fresh Prince said:

I tried watching this after watching Ready player one, and the lead character  said this was his favorite movie ever. I couldn’t finish it, even as a kid I don’t think I would’ve enjoyed it. Just wasn’t good.

I think its one you have to see as a kid.. kinda like Spaceballs. If I watched it now for the first time, it would be horrible.. but I saw these when I was 10 so they rock 😂

4 minutes ago, adamq said:

I think its one you have to see as a kid.. kinda like Spaceballs. If I watched it now for the first time, it would be horrible.. but I saw these when I was 10 so they rock 😂

That’s how I feel about Time Bandits, couldn’t finish it a few months ago, but as a kid I know I would’ve loved it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Has anyone seen Lucky Number Slevin ? Think I'm gonna watch that after the new planet of the apes movie.

I think I saw that way back when and it was fine, not very memorable.

• Like 1

aquaman-2-jason-momoa-patrickwilson.jpg

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom was a mess, but all in all it was more enjoyable than I expected.  Where it really worked was the interactions between Mamoa and Wilson, they have good chemistry and most of the humor that lands comes from their interactions.  Story was a bit all over the place, may as well have called it Aquaman and the Lost MacGuffin, the lost city is just a tool to get where they want to go much more than any real part of the story.  Mamoa leaned a little too hard into the Dude Bro persona to be taken entirely seriously though, but at least his sense of fun is a bit infectious.  However, when it's time to be serious, it doesn't really land either.  Atlantis also comes off as a bit incompetent and a bit genocidey considering the council pretty much only talks about wiping out the surface world.

C-

13 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Has anyone seen Lucky Number Slevin ? Think I'm gonna watch that after the new planet of the apes movie.

It's a fun, fine movie. It falls into a category of movie though for me I call "You might as well just watch ****** again". If you're going to put on a fun, easily watchable crime movie, might as well just watch the best one ever made again.

• Like 1