Hogwarts Legacy

Kiltman

I like this game, but at a certain point it just started feeling...grindy? I keep running into these little walls where I really just want to do the main quest, but I'll be level 22 and you need to be 23 or 24 to start the next one. Then you have to do a bunch of running around and questing...I just want the main story right now. I'd rather go back and do the rest of it later, you know? I hate stuff like that. Just let me do the quest and if it's hard, that's fine. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I like this game, but at a certain point it just started feeling...grindy? I keep running into these little walls where I really just want to do the main quest, but I'll be level 22 and you need to be 23 or 24 to start the next one. Then you have to do a bunch of running around and questing...I just want the main story right now. I'd rather go back and do the rest of it later, you know? I hate stuff like that. Just let me do the quest and if it's hard, that's fine. 

Definitely. It got stale after like 15 hours or so from me. 

I'm optimistic if/when they do a sequel, but yeah Hogwarts Legacy is boring as heck after the first 10 or so hours.  It is a solid first entry into the series, especially for big Harry Potter fans, but they have stuff to work on.

I would have liked for the game to be more linear.  It is cool exploring Hogwarts but there is so much repetitive content added to fill up the open world.   

I'm also tired of games giving you dialogue choices that don't change anything.  If they aren't going to make a difference, then get rid of it and work on having better dialogue that flows with the story.  It sucks that games put things like that in to attract buyers knowing it has no impact.  Just an excuse for less creative writing. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I'm optimistic if/when they do a sequel, but yeah Hogwarts Legacy is boring as heck after the first 10 or so hours.  It is a solid first entry into the series, especially for big Harry Potter fans, but they have stuff to work on.

I would have liked for the game to be more linear.  It is cool exploring Hogwarts but there is so much repetitive content added to fill up the open world.   

I'm also tired of games giving you dialogue choices that don't change anything.  If they aren't going to make a difference, then get rid of it and work on having better dialogue that flows with the story.  It sucks that games put things like that in to attract buyers knowing it has no impact.  Just an excuse for less creative writing. 

That's been my biggest gripe from the beginning. The game should have had a morality slider like kotor, fable, etc...

The fact that you can use unforgivable curses right in front of your teacher with no reaction is just ridiculous.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

That's been my biggest gripe from the beginning. The game should have had a morality slider like kotor, fable, etc...

The fact that you can use unforgivable curses right in front of your teacher with no reaction is just ridiculous.

It really feels like a game that is 80% complete. Really good base, but it feels like some of the little details and mechanics to make it really good are just missing.