ALDS: Yankees vs. Indians

mission27

ALDS  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• New York CS
    • Cleveland Fleas

3 minutes ago, mission27 said:

He literally did not make one good decision all game.  Everything he did was blatantly wrong.  How? 

This should be 1-1, heading back to Yankee Stadium, with the Yanks favorites to take this.  Instead the season is essentially over.  How does he sleep at night?

I'm sure he sleeps well because he didn't shat his own bed tonight, just the Yankees'.

Just now, jrry32 said:

I'm sure he sleeps well because he didn't shat his own bed tonight, just the Yankees'.

He just cost himself his job.  He will not be the manager of the Yankees next season, unless the Steinbrenners have lost all sense.

Just now, jrry32 said:

yeah its not all on the manager. He was one of the reasons but the bullpen blowing it killed them. 

Indians flexed their pitching depth muscles tonight. Crazy to think Kluber was so off!

Just now, mission27 said:

He just cost himself his job.  He will not be the manager of the Yankees next season, unless the Steinbrenners have lost all sense.

He'll probably stick around, but he shat the bed in this game. His decisions were terrible. However, I have a hard time putting all the blame on him. Torreyes is still at fault for his own stupidity.

best part tonight, watching gamecast on my phone and I see the Indians have the baseloaded yet again. Told myself, it would be great to see the Indians actually do something with the baseloaded after they left some many opportunities on the field yesterday and earlier in the game and than my phone reloads and it shows me that Lindor just hit a grandslam!  I scream and shouted in my work lol

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

what call? What happen?

Didnt get home until the 12th inning

Ump called said a pitch hit batter which loaded bases. But ball actualled hit bat and foul tipped into the glove for strike 3 and the final out. Girardi never challenged it even with Sanchez saying it hit the bat. The next batter hit a gramd slam when he shouldnt have even been up.

Game should have ended 8 to 4

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

yeah its not all on the manager. He was one of the reasons but the bullpen blowing it killed them. 

Indians flexed their pitching depth muscles tonight. Crazy to think Kluber was so off!

The bullpen didn't blow it.  The bullpen gave up 2 runs in 7 innings, both because Girardi left guys in the game way too long (seriously why are guys going out there for a third inning?).  Girardi singlehandedly gave up another 4.

Just now, buno67 said:

how did the catcher react to it? how does he not challenge something like that?

The catcher was screaming and yelling that it was strike three and to challenge it... Girardi is a freaking former catcher and he didn't trust his guy.  

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He'll probably stick around, but he shat the bed in this game. His decisions were terrible. However, I have a hard time putting all the blame on him. Torreyes is still at fault for his own stupidity.

Torreyes? He was doing his job... he was told to get a head start on the bunt. 

Archived