ALDS: Yankees vs. Indians

mission27

ALDS  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• New York CS
    • Cleveland Fleas

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

It will take time to get over it, lots of it, if the Indians choke this series away. But I eventually would. But I’m not sure I’ll get away with CC being the one to beat us in game 5.

You're gonna be at home with Kluber starting, who doesn't often get shelled twice in a row. You're still the favorites for the game. 

That said, it would be pretty rough for Cleveland to blow 3-1 and 2-0 leads in back to back years. 

Just now, jrry32 said:

Why?

Because I’ve already seen the high bidder take our FAs and beat us in the playoffs too many times. No wrongdoing by NY obviously. I’m just tired of it. Ex: Man-Ram with Boston in their 3-1 comeback vs us years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

You're gonna be at home with Kluber starting, who doesn't often get shelled twice in a row. You're still the favorites for the game. 

That said, it would be pretty rough for Cleveland to blow 3-1 and 2-0 leads in back to back years. 

I put nothing past Cleveland heartbreaks. Always find ways to break your heart unconventionally.

Just now, NateDawg said:

Because I’ve already seen the high bidder take our FAs and beat us in the playoffs too many times. No wrongdoing by NY obviously. I’m just tired of it. Ex: Man-Ram with Boston in their 3-1 comeback vs us years ago. 

Fair enough. But wouldn't C.C.'s last hurrah make it slightly bittersweet?

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Fair enough. But wouldn't C.C.'s last hurrah make it slightly bittersweet?

I'd still be so pissed but I'd be so happy for CC if he's the one that beats us on Wednesday.  I saw him pitch in Mahoning Valley when he was 18, I've always loved the dude. 

24 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Blouses.

Frankly, Cleveland has the better team, and I think they'd be more entertaining against the Astros. They should win this.

Actually think Yanks Astros will be more entertaining. Imagine the battle of the Vets... CC vs Verlander. Then Kuechel vs Severino...

Then the top 2 MVP canidates... Altuve vs Judge

3 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Actually think Yanks Astros will be more entertaining. Imagine the battle of the Vets... CC vs Verlander. Then Kuechel vs Severino...

Then the top 2 MVP canidates... Altuve vs Judge

Don't think we'd see CC/Verlander or Severino/Keuchel. Game 1 is on 10/13. Keuchel will likely start for us and Tanaka or Gray for Yanks. Then Severino would start game 2 vs Verlander. CC wouldn't start til game 3. 

3 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Don't think we'd see CC/Verlander or Severino/Keuchel. Game 1 is on 10/13. Keuchel will likely start for us and Tanaka or Gray for Yanks. Then Severino would start game 2 vs Verlander. CC wouldn't start til game 3. 

Tanaka probably wont start until he is at home. He has struggled on the road. Think Sevy could be able to go on 4 days rest for game 1. CC may be able to go Saturday but im sure game 2 will go to Gray. Then Tanaka and CC. May see Sevy vs Kuechel. But it would be cool to see Verlander CC later in the series

8 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Tanaka probably wont start until he is at home. He has struggled on the road. Think Sevy could be able to go on 4 days rest for game 1. CC may be able to go Saturday but im sure game 2 will go to Gray. Then Tanaka and CC. May see Sevy vs Kuechel. But it would be cool to see Verlander CC later in the series

Game 1 would be 3 days rest for Sevy, not 4. Pitched on the 9th, 10th/11th/12th, game 1 on 13th. If they don't go with Tanaka until he's at home then my guess is:

G1: Keuchel/Gray

G2: Verlander/Severino

G3: Peacock or McCullers/Sabathia

G4: Morton/Tanaka

And repeat. 

6 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Game 1 would be 3 days rest for Sevy, not 4. Pitched on the 9th, 10th/11th/12th, game 1 on 13th. If they don't go with Tanaka until he's at home then my guess is:

G1: Keuchel/Gray

G2: Verlander/Severino

G3: Peacock or McCullers/Sabathia

G4: Morton/Tanaka

And repeat. 

Pretty sure its 4.

Monday night to Tuesday night is 1 day

Tuesday night to wednesday night is 2 days

Wednesday night to thursday night is 3 days.

Thursday night to Friday night is 4 days

Not sure how they determine it but that is a full 4 days without pitching. More than doable. That is only 1 day less than a normal regular season rotation assuming no day off and 5 man staff.

Archived