mission27

ALDS  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• New York CS
    • Cleveland Fleas

My god JRam has been awful offensively!

.118 avg with one walk and one hit. 

You would think if I told you Judge batting .067 with 12Ks that the Indians won in 3 or 4 games. 

Two of the best players in the league have been garbage. Only thing good so far for Judge has been him robbing lindor of the homerun. JRam really hasn’t made an Impact at all this series. 

I wonder if not having EE batting behind him that pitchers are attacking him differently or not. Still he hasn’t done squat. 

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Fair enough. But wouldn't C.C.'s last hurrah make it slightly bittersweet?

LOL

Not even a little bit. It was slightly bittersweet in 2009 when he WON A FREAKING WORLD SERIES RING after we traded him after his Cy Young campaign a few years earlier.

He's already has a ring. I love(d) CC and am thankful for all that he gave us. That said, no it wouldn't be. 

3 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Pretty sure its 4.

Monday night to Tuesday night is 1 day

Tuesday night to wednesday night is 2 days

Wednesday night to thursday night is 3 days.

Thursday night to Friday night is 4 days

Not sure how they determine it but that is a full 4 days without pitching. More than doable. That is only 1 day less than a normal regular season rotation assuming no day off and 5 man staff.

That's not how it's counted. It's counted by full rest days. In the regular season you have a 5 man rotation, 4 off days (at least) without pitching. This would only be 3 days. It's short rest. It is doable yes, it's the same amount Trevor Bauer went off of for Cleveland yesterday, but it's not something you want to do if it's not going to help you, and it's not because Severino will be pitching the same amount of time in the series anyways. I guarantee he'll go in game 2 if they make it. 

10 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

I'd still be so pissed but I'd be so happy for CC if he's the one that beats us on Wednesday.  I saw him pitch in Mahoning Valley when he was 18, I've always loved the dude. 

I've told this story on here before, but when he was in Milwaukee he rented a house in the burbs that was near a friend of mine. He volunteered to mow CC's lawn for free so that he would stay. His mom made the Sabathias lasagna a bunch too and just brought it over.

Small market love for superstars >>>

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

My god JRam has been awful offensively!

.118 avg with one walk and one hit. 

You would think if I told you Judge batting .067 with 12Ks that the Indians won in 3 or 4 games. 

Two of the best players in the league have been garbage. Only thing good so far for Judge has been him robbing lindor of the homerun. JRam really hasn’t made an Impact at all this series. 

I wonder if not having EE batting behind him that pitchers are attacking him differently or not. Still he hasn’t done squat. 

Judges double last night was also pretty good but yeah, kind of shocking to see two elite players shut out.

Game 1: Absolute dominance by the Tribe

Game 2: Controversial no challenge, Tribe comeback/Yankee meltdown...huge injury to Edwin Encarnacion.

Game 3: Pitchers' duel with a crucial homerun rob by Judge and then a homer given up by Miller.

Game 4: 5 unearned runs, all by their 3B, lead to the first 5 runs of the game and the Tribe digs themselves in a hole that they couldn't get out of

Game 5: The possible AL Cy Young winner, at home, after getting roughed up, against former Mr. Cleveland Cy Young winner, on his last hurrah, with a potential HC who is probably on his way out the door.

Kluber having to pitch Game 5 is absolutely massive for the Astros if the Indians are lucky enough to move on.  I don't really care who wins to be honest although having HFA would be nice.

I think a lot of people fail to realize just how good the Yankees are.

15 minutes ago, CAS22 said:

Kluber having to pitch Game 5 is absolutely massive for the Astros if the Indians are lucky enough to move on.  I don't really care who wins to be honest although having HFA would be nice.

Truuuuuuuuuthhh.

I still think Kluber gets his revenge. I’m not gonna disrespect my AL CY young winner and predict he gets rocked again. Hopefully CC can keep it within a couple of runs and we get to their bullpen and scrape a few across to win.

Also, I just don’t think Girardi will be gone.

50 minutes ago, CAS22 said:

Agreed. I look at game 5 as a win win now. Either the Yanks win and we get home field, or the Indians win and they had to use Kluber so he can't go til game 3. 

9 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

I believe once its down to a game 5 pitching matchups are out the window. Its a whole new feeling. Teams are desperate and whoever wants it more will take the game. Its a real 50/50 matchup

In the last 16 times, the team that forced a Game 5 after being down 0-2 has won it 9 times. If history is any type of metric, that gives them a 60% chance to beat Cleveland.

Archived