ALDS: Yankees vs. Indians

mission27

ALDS  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• New York CS
    • Cleveland Fleas

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I prefaced it all with IF. Besides, it's the Cleveland factor, meaning that Cleveland has a 100% chance to find a way to lose this in heartbreaking fashion.

You aren’t allowed to say that about Cleveland after how the ‘16 NBA Finals went. 

1 hour ago, Spartica4Real said:

Agreed. I look at game 5 as a win win now. Either the Yanks win and we get home field, or the Indians win and they had to use Kluber so he can't go til game 3. 

Using Kluber to advance isn’t that bad tho. It’s not like the Indians don’t have a damn good #2 and #3 pitcher. We have seen both Bauer and Cookie when rested can dominate a line up like the yankees. Just need Kluber to be Kluber 

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Using Kluber to advance isn’t that bad tho. It’s not like the Indians don’t have a damn good #2 and #3 pitcher. We have seen both Bauer and Cookie when rested can dominate a line up like the yankees. Just need Kluber to be Kluber 

I like my chances of stealing at least one in Cleveland a lot better when Kluber isn't pitching. I will take Bauer/Carrasco in game 1/2 vs Keuchel/Verlander and feel good about my chances in both of those games before going back to face Kluber in Houston.

1 hour ago, Spartica4Real said:

I like my chances of stealing at least one in Cleveland a lot better when Kluber isn't pitching. I will take Bauer/Carrasco in game 1/2 vs Keuchel/Verlander and feel good about my chances in both of those games before going back to face Kluber in Houston.

I don’t know why you would be so confident in Verlander. Every time he has faced the Indians I want to say the past two seasons he has one victory. With him getting shelled twice this year. Indians are use to his pitching and has gotten the best of him the past 3 seasons or so. 

If it’s Cookie vs Verlander, Cookie has that advantage. Keuchel vs Bauer, Houston has the advantage 

19 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I don’t know why you would be so confident in Verlander.

Please re-read the sentence you just said. He's Justin Verlander. I will be confident in him no matter the situation or team, and I don't think the regular season results mean anything as to how he would pitch vs them in a series. 

5 hours ago, CAS22 said:

You aren’t allowed to say that about Cleveland after how the ‘16 NBA Finals went. 

You can’t be serious. 

MWil only touched on a small glimpse of the heartbreaks. 

Cleveland loves its Browns and Indians. Basketball is a distant 3rd. One LeBron magical championship does literally zero to heal decades of Indians and Browns heartache. That comment is so far out there.

4 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Cleveland is definitely still near the top of sports misery cities.  1 championship in 50 years across the three major sports does not change that. 

Yeah but now they got 1 championship in the last 1.5 years, that's better than most cities. ^_^

5 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Please re-read the sentence you just said. He's Justin Verlander. I will be confident in him no matter the situation or team, and I don't think the regular season results mean anything as to how he would pitch vs them in a series. 

its not just this past regular seasons, its the past 5 seasons. Hell his career era vs Cleveland is 4.71 in 52 career games. Maybe if this was the Verlander in 2012 or before, than going "Hes Justin Verlander' would mean something. 

• '14- 4.75ERA 
  • '15- 4.50ERA
  • '16- 4.88ERA
  • '17- 8.14ERA

2-10 record over the past 4 years. Yeah he has looked good the past 5 starts with Houston but 5 games doesnt override the past couple of seasons. Hell he only has a career losing record vs three teams. CLE, NYY, and TOR

18 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

The name Verlander means little to either the Yanks or Indians. He’d be the #3 in Cleveland and the #2-3 in NYY at this stage. Either team that faces him should have the matchup edge.

He would most definitely be ahead of every non-Severino Yankees starter. 

Archived