• Lakers in 5
    • Lakers in 6
    • Lakers in 7
    • Miami in 4
    • Miami in 5
    • Miami in 6
    • Miami in 7

35 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep, Jimmy was refusing to take the jump shot and there was no way he was going to consistently finish at the rim on AD. The Lakers will play him the exact same way in game 5 so I'm interested in seeing how he adjusts and if he is more aggressive from the perimeter.

This ^^^
AD was awesome on D. On a handful of occasions you saw Butler stop his advance cold when AD was in front of him. Anybody else - LBJ included - he'd muscle his way in close - bounce off whomever for a short jumper/layup and FTs. Didnt happen with AD.

31 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Rebounding being the key to an NBA finals run is not necessarily something I anticipated 

This ^^^
I'll give MIA props in so much as their zone can get the Lakers taking up stationary positions around the 3pt arc and standing around watching as others launch 3's. Thats not their strong suit and it leaves the boards open to a host of MIA defenders - mitigating an obvious Laker strength. If the shot doesnt drop (better than even chance) - its  heading back in the opposite direction.  Thats where Rondo's picking off errant shot rebounds and giving second chance opportunities played large.  That "stationary offense" also cuts way down on FT attempts. 

The Lakers are a flawed roster - primarily IMO - missing a sure fire creator and outside shooter that just drops jumpers. If such a player was on the floor at the #2 spot - they could be special as a unit. Doesnt exist. Oh well.

Edited by Leader

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Obviously super impressive, but LMAO at ignoring 2019 by saying "last 2 full seasons" as if the Lakers weren't losing games being ahead after three quarters when LeBron was healthy.

I actually never heard about the sister part. I know those two never liked each other and it was even the same way when they were playing together in Slovenia. 

if my fading memory serves me correctly, sasha in post game comments said something along the lines "he said some things about my sister that i didnt like" 

I feel really confident, but it has been 10 years so 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

I remember looking at the scoreboard wondering how the Heat even scored as many as they did lol. Their offense was running DHOs with the white dudes and they were completely smothered. Jimmy ideally should have been willing to take some jumpers. 

And yeah Lakers defense and rebounding is the difference. Their offense can be pretty ugly, but they hit some big shots. Rebounding being the key to an NBA finals run is not necessarily something I anticipated 

Heat needed another bucket getter and maybe they get one next season. But yeah, the Lakers defenders were getting right into those boys. The Lakers have a lot of high IQ defenders and it shows in these close playoff games. 

The Lakers spacing offensively can be trash, the lack of shooting could be a big problem and yet none of that matters lol. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

In your imagination.  Nobody said he wouldn't make a big impact.  It was ignoring Olynyk's production.

It messed up their rotations after they had just started to play better. Bam had a good night but it killed their momentum IMO

50 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Heat needed another bucket getter and maybe they get one next season. But yeah, the Lakers defenders were getting right into those boys. The Lakers have a lot of high IQ defenders and it shows in these close playoff games. 

The Lakers spacing offensively can be trash, the lack of shooting could be a big problem and yet none of that matters lol. 

Goran would have made a huge difference last night. Not sure he necessarily swings the series or anything, but those Nunn minutes and shot attempts were brutal. 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Goran would have made a huge difference last night. Not sure he necessarily swings the series or anything, but those Nunn minutes and shot attempts were brutal. 

The lack of awareness (really by the team as a whole) on that last 3rd quarter possession speaks volumes to the youth of this team. Those are simply mistakes you cannot make if you want to beat a great team like the Lakers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They were +3 with him on the court and AD had one of his lowest scoring games of the playoffs. 

MIA plays less man D than any team I can recall so if your saying Bam "shut down" AD - I think thats a stretch. 
But if you want to go there - AD was +17 - so it doesnt appear Bam was quite good enough - as evidenced by the final score.

Just now, Leader said:

MIA plays less man D than any team I can recall so if your saying Bam "shut down" AD - I think thats a stretch. 
But if you want to go there - AD was +17 - so it doesnt appear Bam was quite good enough - as evidenced by the final score.

Was it Bam's fault that Jimmy folded down the stretch? That was the Lakers second lowest scoring game of the playoffs. Never did I say that he shut down AD but he certainly had an impact on the game last night. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Was it Bam's fault that Jimmy folded down the stretch? That was the Lakers second lowest scoring game of the playoffs. Never did I say that he shut down AD but he certainly had an impact on the game last night. 

Good. We agree. I've said from the beginning Bam had (or would have) an impact. The point I was making was that it wasnt a BIG one. I think the stats bear out that.  Maybe he wasnt fully healthy. Neither of us know for sure.