QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

I haven't been posting recently, but I have to break my silence. Not that anyone will care, but whatever, at least I am just letting it out there to relieve some pressure. 

I can't believe this is happening to Wentz. He had a bad season, absolutely. He deserves blame for that. So deserves Doug. I am not saying letting the coach go is the good decision. What I know, the offense was just not working. Something had to change, Lurie decided this way. Honestly, I still don't know what I would have done myself. 

The average Eagles fan forgets too early. Giving up on your franchise QB you praised all the time, whose jersey you bought. Where are the "Wentz over Dak is not even a discussion" people all of a sudden? And this is not just the fans, but the media as well. I am absolutely mad to see this amount of negativity in his direction. No wonder, he doesn't break his silence. When only cr*p is pouring into his direction. 

A bad year can happen to everyone. I will not start to list out the usual pro Wentz phrases, everyone knows that. He did not get the support, but he definitely was part of the problem as well. I will also not bring up the con Wentz argument about the historic decline and whatnot, I will only do this. I will give him a second chance and root for him.

I understand people who say, if he does terrible again, his trade value goes even lower. So potentially you lose out on a first round pick and change (or whatever the compensation may be). That is significant. But look at the Browns, how many 1st round picks did they spend on QBs that was a complete waste? And Howie's track record does not suggest an automatic hit on the selection. 

But if he succeeds, his value is way higher than that that 1st round pick, or whatever compensation. The upside the Eagles win with him staying and playing good way outweighs the current gains you net if you trade him now while his stock is ok. 

I am gonna be really pissed if they trade him, frankly. And I am also pissed on the people who turned their backs so quickly on him. Wear the cap only, if it fits. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, furti said:

I haven't been posting recently, but I have to break my silence. Not that anyone will care, but whatever, at least I am just letting it out there to relieve some pressure. 

I can't believe this is happening to Wentz. He had a bad season, absolutely. He deserves blame for that. So deserves Doug. I am not saying letting the coach go is the good decision. What I know, the offense was just not working. Something had to change, Lurie decided this way. Honestly, I still don't know what I would have done myself. 

The average Eagles fan forgets too early. Giving up on your franchise QB you praised all the time, whose jersey you bought. Where are the "Wentz over Dak is not even a discussion" people all of a sudden? And this is not just the fans, but the media as well. I am absolutely mad to see this amount of negativity in his direction. No wonder, he doesn't break his silence. When only cr*p is pouring into his direction. 

A bad year can happen to everyone. I will not start to list out the usual pro Wentz phrases, everyone knows that. He did not get the support, but he definitely was part of the problem as well. I will also not bring up the con Wentz argument about the historic decline and whatnot, I will only do this. I will give him a second chance and root for him.

I understand people who say, if he does terrible again, his trade value goes even lower. So potentially you lose out on a first round pick and change (or whatever the compensation may be). That is significant. But look at the Browns, how many 1st round picks did they spend on QBs that was a complete waste? And Howie's track record does not suggest an automatic hit on the selection. 

But if he succeeds, his value is way higher than that that 1st round pick, or whatever compensation. The upside the Eagles win with him staying and playing good way outweighs the current gains you net if you trade him now while his stock is ok. 

I am gonna be really pissed if they trade him, frankly. And I am also pissed on the people who turned their backs so quickly on him. Wear the cap only, if it fits. 

All of this doesn't matter if the fact that he wants to be traded is true. The Eagles have already said they're not actively shopping him but would listen to offers - however, at least three times a week it's said that he wants to be traded or that he's not happy here or whatever else. If that's the case then you have to move on, because at this point he's becoming more of a distraction then anything. 

I love Wentz, love what he did here, loved watching him play - but I also understand that he was a big part of the problem last year and if his desire to leave the franchise are true then I won't be "really pissed". 

• Like 1

I don't care what reporters "report" personally. 

Obviously he is not happy, who would be btw? He was benched, and now everyone would throw him away. 

Anyway, I am sure they hired Sirianni with a clear goal in mind, and that they have a plan they are going to execute. 

Wentz is not innocent in this. There is a reason people have "turned on" Wentz this season. It wasn't just his bad play. That can be dealt with but clearly many other factors have become in issue as well. His teammates (past and present) have shown that.

All that said -- Wentz is talented. If he wants out (and it seems he does) than deal him, especially if you are not all in on him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, furti said:

Obviously he is not happy, who would be btw? He was benched, and now everyone would throw him away. 

He was benched because he sucked. If he's going to be mad that he was benched because his performance was in line with him being the worst starting quarterback in the NFL then he should be pissed at himself and not blame the organization.

When you're own teammates are asking for you to be benched because you suck that bad then you know there's a problem. That's as much an indictment on his standing as a "leader" on this team as anything. 

Like I said, I love Wentz, always have. However, the Wentz apologists are so far delusional that it's almost as bad as Matts talking about the Cowboys. 

19 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

He was benched because he sucked. If he's going to be mad that he was benched because his performance was in line with him being the worst starting quarterback in the NFL then he should be pissed at himself and not blame the organization.

When you're own teammates are asking for you to be benched because you suck that bad then you know there's a problem. That's as much an indictment on his standing as a "leader" on this team as anything. 

Like I said, I love Wentz, always have. However, the Wentz apologists are so far delusional that it's almost as bad as Matts talking about the Cowboys. 

Who did you hear this from? Because I haven't heard that he bashed the organization. 

He deserved to benched. There is no question about that. 

People want him traded after a bad year is nuts to me. 

22 minutes ago, furti said:

Who did you hear this from? Because I haven't heard that he bashed the organization.

He has taken zero ownership thus far. Everything you see is "Carson Wentz is not happy with the Eagles", "Carson Wentz relationship with Eagles strained", "Carson Wentz unsure of future", "Carson Wentz trust with Eagles damaged". 

Not once this off-season has he come out and said I need to be better. All that is being said is that he's unhappy with the Eagles. Unhappy why? Because they didn't promote Press Taylor? Because they drafted another quarterback? Because he got benched for said quarterback? 

32 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

I think we will be making a Drew Brees chargers to saints sized mistake if we trade Wentz. Not only do we take on a massive cap hit, but his talent is once every 10-15 years 

Could be. If he’s refusing to be here it’s sort of a moot point though.

Carson has fundamental issues that have plagued him, going further back than just this year. This masks all he can be, and he doesn’t seem ready to acknowledge any of it and work to get better.

5 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Every 10-15 years? You're saying you believe he is a once a decade talent? That's insane. 

I think it would have been fair to claim he is that kind of talent after 2017: just year 2 and he was stringing together top level performances, pulling off plays weekly that only a handful of QBs could make. No QB had his combination of size, arm talent and mobility... but then the injuries happened, he didn't seem to progress mentally as expected, and more importantly talents like Mahomes and now Josh Allen emerged who both surpass Carson in that "arm + size + mobility" combo, so he looks less and less special or unique as a talent.

I don't think eagles18 is being delusional as much as he's just stuck in 2017...