GDT: Steelers (3-0) at Titans (3-0) POSTPONED

Titans fan 617

35 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Forcing us to forfeit would be complete BS. Unless protocol was blatantly ignored

it's a virus. you cant penalize a team for getting sick

The Steelers are currently being punished by being forced to take their bye week on a week they've already practiced, meaning they get no real bye week.

No matter what, someone is getting punished here. Might as well restrict it to the team that is sick.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

The Steelers are currently being punished by being forced to take their bye week on a week they've already practiced, meaning they get no real bye week.

No matter what, someone is getting punished here. Might as well restrict it to the team that is sick.

I mean, the integrity of a team’s record is pretty important when you’re talking about a league where first-round byes, home field advantage and divisions almost always come down to one game. Giving the Steelers/Bills a free win over a playoff team is a competitive balance issue for the entire AFC. 

22 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I mean, the integrity of a team’s record is pretty important when you’re talking about a league where first-round byes, home field advantage and divisions almost always come down to one game. Giving the Steelers/Bills a free win over a playoff team is a competitive balance issue for the entire AFC. 

Someone's going to gain some degree of a competitive edge regardless.

If we can't play the Bills game, I don't know what their options are outside of pushing the playoffs back and tacking on games to the end of the season.

6 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Someone's going to gain some degree of a competitive edge regardless.

If we can't play the Bills game, I don't know what their options are outside of pushing the playoffs back and tacking on games to the end of the season.

I still blame the NFL for setting themselves up for this, but yeah, bumping it to the end of the year seems like the only option. I think it’s hopelessly optimistic to think they won’t have to do it for other teams at some point anyways.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I still blame the NFL for setting themselves up for this, but yeah, bumping it to the end of the year seems like the only option. I think it’s hopelessly optimistic to think they won’t have to do it for other teams at some point anyways.

I heard on a talk show(forget which one) the other day that the NFL booked all of February in terms of hotels and etc for the super bowl(which is not normal per that talk show), meaning they can push the super bowl as far back as the end of February if they needed to extend the season. So maybe there is some fail safes put in place?

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

I heard on a talk show(forget which one) the other day that the NFL booked all of February in terms of hotels and etc for the super bowl(which is not normal per that talk show), meaning they can push the super bowl as far back as the end of February if they needed to extend the season. So maybe there is some fail safes put in place?

I think there has to be some space at the end of the season, but it gets tough there. Say you have to tack on two extra weeks of games, the team with a first-round bye could go a month between games.

Not that there’s much of an alternative, it’ll just be interesting. Or maybe we’re the only team that runs into problems. Seems tough, but not impossible, baseball managed to run a pretty clean season after immediate issues.

3 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

that makes zero sense

getting punished by having to shift a schedule is much different than having Ls stack up because a global pandemic unsurprisingly infiltrated a locker room

the NFL didn't have a contingency plan. they should have had a contingency plan, especially after seeing what happened early in the MLB season. It was obvious this was going to happen to SOME team, if not multiple. Why should the Titans, Vikings, Steelers, etc pay for the NFL's sins?