GDT: Steelers (3-0) at Titans (3-0) POSTPONED

Titans fan 617

6 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Lets take a deep breathe here. Haha. I think move the game to Monday. Keep testing all week. See how we can make this work. Nfl needs to learn from the experience. This will be a season wide reality till the end of the year.

No. We don't need to go playing games on a single day of practice(or no practice). That's by far the most dangerous and worst idea.

Just now, -Hope- said:

48 close contacts to the people who tested positive....yeah lol we'd have to be very very lucky if none of those contacts are positive.

Yea. We will see. I thought they have rapid testing? Is there no way to confirm negatives and get the players that had no chance out there practicing before Saturday?

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

No. We don't need to go playing games on a single day of practice(or no practice). That's by far the most dangerous and worst idea.

I would not rule out the fact that we may still get a practice in. If we can confirm players are negative and the game is pushed to Monday there is a possibility of still practicing.

3 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Yea. We will see. I thought they have rapid testing? Is there no way to confirm negatives and get the players that had no chance out there practicing before Saturday?

Nope. They have rapid results, but you’re not going to always test positive Day 1 of exposure. Unless it’s a crazy coincidence, I’m sure the players were exposed by Bowen, or at the same time as Bowen, yet had two days of negative tests between Bowen’s positive and today’s.

7 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

rapid testing has a sensitivity tradeoff with the nose swab PCR tests. you have to have a higher viral load to test positive with the rapid tests, and what that means is that you can test negative in the first couple days of an infection when the virus hasn't built up a lot yet. this is very likely what happened with our players that tested negative before the vikings game and positive now. so we will likely be waiting a few days to test people who were exposed to protect against false negatives.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

rapid testing has a sensitivity tradeoff with the nose swab PCR tests. you have to have a higher viral load to test positive with the rapid tests, and what that means is that you can test negative in the first couple days of an infection when the virus hasn't built up a lot yet. this is very likely what happened with our players that tested negative before the vikings game and positive now. so we will likely be waiting a few days to test people who were exposed to protect against false negatives.

Ah ok. got it. I wonder if we could push our game to Tuesday then push the game the following week to Monday night against the Bills, to give us at least 6 days till our next game. That would give us time to clear the tests and maybe practice.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Well, I posted this last night, but now we can be forced into it.

“If the run defense continues to struggle, I might just go all-in on the Landry/Simmons/Clowney/Beasley pass rush as the base.“

Either that or maybe some of the fans will get what they wanted and we'll sign Snacks Harrison to plug the middle while Jones is out.

Also, this will be the first time in years we've had a long snapper other than Brinkley so hopefully we've had someone practicing in case of a scenario like this.