2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

I mean we’ve seen some iteration of a KD-Harden-Kyrie trio before in OKC lol and they lost to Miami’s big 3 in the Finals. See why no reason it couldn’t be dominant. Wouldn’t be the most flowing and enjoyable basketball to watch but it would be scary.

That young OKC team was nothing like a big 3. Harden was a 6th man and not the dominate force that he is today. Both harden and Westbrook knew Durant was the alpha male 

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

Yeah, kind of a weird statement to make when it landed the Celtics their franchise duo of the next decade.

And that's with the last draft class still rounding into shape, Robert Williams looking to be a decent enough piece, and they have 3 more firsts this year. I mean, obviously it only looks like Tatum and Brown are the franchise players but stockpiling picks gave the Celtics perhaps the quickest rebuild in NBA history

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I, for one, hope it happens. It would be a ****show and that locker room would blow up in time. Kyrie couldn't handle being in LeBron's shadow but we're supposed to believe he'd be okay being the #3 in Brooklyn? Yeah, this isn't 2K. 

It ain't like Harden is an angel in the locker room either. I'm just speculating on Westbrook, don't know about any drama between Harden and him beyond it obviously not working on the court but it hasn't worked with Harden and Howard/Paul/Westbrook, not sure why we think Harden/Kyrie/Durant would be fantastic

• Like 1

Just now, Troy Brown said:

It ain't like Harden is an angel in the locker room either. I'm just speculating on Westbrook, don't know about any drama between Harden and him beyond it obviously not working on the court but it hasn't worked with Harden and Howard/Paul/Westbrook, not sure why we think Harden/Kyrie/Durant would be fantastic

Could you imagine Kyrie's fake woke *** trying to give Harden advice? lol he wouldn't even take criticism from Westbrook FFS.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

None of OKC's picks are valuable but their own 

Not sure I agree with this though. Phoenix is Phoenix. They could easily blow this Chris Paul situation and suck after 2021.  Houston and the Clippers futures aren't exactly certain right now. Plus they have three firsts in 2022 which is going to be the double draft. They could end up with three lottery talents that year and still have nine firsts the following three years.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Could you imagine Kyrie's fake woke *** trying to give Harden advice? lol he wouldn't even take criticism from Westbrook FFS.

I wouldn't take criticism from Westbrook either. I think Harden is generally in the right, but seeing how much worse the Rockets were with Westbrook over Paul, I'll give Paul some credit. Kyrie HATES other people being in the spotlight when it isn't his doing so nah, can't imagine him and Harden would mesh at all

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Everyone keeps saying what an insane trio it'd be...they should just move Kyrie for Harden and keep their depth. They'd be infinitely better. If it doesn't piss off KD that's the smarter move.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

bulls let two of the best defensive guards in the nba go today

they both suck on offense, so i guess

I think Harrison could be decent on a good team. All depends on whether he can shoot around league average from 3 or not. I have my doubts but I think you could do far worse for your bench.