2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

Read a report where Harden turned down an extension worth $50m per season because he is fixated to getting traded to the Nets. Is there any truth to that?

Again if he gets traded to the Nets to play with KD and Kyrie it will work. With Nash and D’Antoni recreating the 7 seconds or less offense that was happening in Phoenix back in the day with three guys who legit can average 26+ points a game it will work. People said no way a team shooting 3’s will win a championship. That’s until the Warriors built their backcourt with Klay and Curry to jack up tons of 3’s to win championships now everyone is trying to do it. So let’s just see what Nash and the coaching staff have in mind before we automatically write off KD, Kyrie, and Harden fitting in together well. 

3 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

how come the trades cant be finalized till after the draft?

ones with draft picks because of the draft pick trading rules, you can't trade back to back picks until the draft (where i think you are technically trading the players rights and not the draft pick)

the suns one went through today

Edited by 11sanchez11
  • Like 1

Like the trade for both sides, I'm just not sure what the Pels intend to do with Bledsoe and Hill. With Lonzo on the team, I can't see all three staying on the roster this season. 

That aside, Bucs now have a really strong starting lineup, especially defensively. And if they allow fans in the arena this season, home court advantage should play a huge part in the Bucks playoff success. However, they are really going to need to fill that bench out because they have virtually no depth at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Good get for the Bucks but feels like low value for the Pelicans

I think Griff just decided to gamble on all of the picks. The players we got for him aren't very good, but if Giannis leaves for some reason then this trade is a huge win for the Pels. If he doesn't then we gave Jrue away for basically nothing. Late 1sts aren't really going to help us down the line, but this is definitely a gamble Griff had to take. You can't turn down this kind of compensation.

Edited by JMG5

Just now, JMG5 said:

I think Griff just decided to gamble on all of the picks. The players we got for him aren't very good, but if Giannis leaves for some reason then this trade is a huge win for the Pels. If he doesn't then we gave him away for basically nothing.

I didn't see Hill and Bledsoe. I don't think much of either of those players but if they're in some hurry to get rid of Jrue, then I imagine it's a good deal 

Just now, Troy Brown said:

I didn't see Hill and Bledsoe. I don't think much of either of those players but if they're in some hurry to get rid of Jrue, then I imagine it's a good deal 

Last year of his deal and he doesn't really fit the timeline. Pair that with the fact that his value will never be higher than it is right now and you have to trade him.

3 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

I think Griff just decided to gamble on all of the picks. The players we got for him aren't very good, but if Giannis leaves for some reason then this trade is a huge win for the Pels. If he doesn't then we gave Jrue away for basically nothing. Late 1sts aren't really going to help us down the line, but this is definitely a gamble Griff had to take. You can't turn down this kind of compensation.

the 2 draft swaps intrigue me most