Week 4: WFT (1-2) vs. Ravens (2-1) 1 PM on CBS

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Because who else do we have? Holcomb is out with a knee injury. Who would you put in there instead of Bostic?

SDH and play Hudson at WLB?

Honestly, who cares? They’re compromising the entire defense playing Apke as the last line of defense, and they’ve punted the entire season to “evaluate” young guys on offense, I don’t know that we need to slavishly commit ourselves to “veteran presence” at the LB spots if the veterans aren’t even playing well. 

I’m not that fired up about Bostic playing, just making the point that I feel like they’re going to have to start phasing in the youth at LB as well as the season goes on.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Holcomb is much faster and actually has a chance to be anything other than a career back up. Bostic is what he is. 

Cole Holcomb spent his rookie season either being lost in coverage or running around blocks which is not what you want from your starting MLB.

I think Holcomb is better suited for the outside, we need to find an upgrade at MLB in the offseason. I don’t think Holcomb plays touch enough for it.

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

Honestly, who cares? They’re compromising the entire defense playing Apke as the last line of defense, and they’ve punted the entire season to “evaluate” young guys on offense, I don’t know that we need to slavishly commit ourselves to “veteran presence” at the LB spots if the veterans aren’t even playing well. 

I’m not that fired up about Bostic playing, just making the point that I feel like they’re going to have to start phasing in the youth at LB as well as the season goes on.

Yea, we keep putting "vets" in to continually show their flaws instead of letting young guys grow and develop.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I can see that as the season goes on. I have to say I’ve been disappointed in SDH this year, he’s probably been our worst LB and I was expecting him to be our best. He’s played a lot and not impressed at all.

I will say that at some point I’d like to see Hudson play if we aren’t going to be a winning team and it looks more and more like that’s the case.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

That stat they just said amazes me.

ZERO penalties on WFT... Can't remember when that has ever happened. Especially since we usually get at least one phantom call against us.

*starts karma timer*

• Like 2

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I csn see that as the season goes on. I have to say I’ve been disappointed in SDH this year, he’s probably been our worst LB and I was expecting him to be our best. He’s played a lot and not impressed at all.

SDH has not played a lot. Sheehan even mentioned his low snap count. We’ve gone with a ton of two LB sets with just KPL and Bostic out there. 

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Yea, we keep putting "vets" in to continually show their flaws instead of letting young guys grow and develop.

This is what ticks me off as well. Oftentimes the player starting is doing so only because they have more experience. But the one on the bench isn't too far behind and can havea higher ceiling...if they get the experience. Which only comes from playtime