The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

16 hours ago, RUGmen said:

I don’t get this argument..”Any good QB on the 2020 Bucs would be good”..

Ok and?...I can make the same case for the Packers, Chiefs, Saints, etc. 

Would I give an average QB on the Bucs the same chance to win the SB as I do with Brady at the helm and leading them to likely 11-5 record as well? Hell no.

The team is stacked beyond belief with offensive talent.  He's hand-picked some of his own players.  He gets to pick his own plays etc etc.  His defense is pretty good.

I mean...what's not to get?  What possible reason would any QB in his position NOT be highly productive?   This is a dream job for a quarterback, 2020 Tampa Bay. 

The only mistake he made was picking a division ruled by another future HOF quarterback.  Something he never had to face in all his years in the AFC lEast:  real competition. 

1 hour ago, Saint_James said:

The team is stacked beyond belief with offensive talent.  He's hand-picked some of his own players.  He gets to pick his own plays etc etc.  His defense is pretty good.

I mean...what's not to get?  What possible reason would any QB in his position NOT be highly productive?   This is a dream job for a quarterback, 2020 Tampa Bay. 

The only mistake he made was picking a division ruled by another future HOF quarterback.  Something he never had to face in all his years in the AFC lEast:  real competition. 

You clearly didn’t read my post entirely.

Again, cool..another QB could put up good stats. Winston threw for 30TDs and 5K yards and they went 7-9. I still don’t get your point.

Replace Brady with Dalton. Are the Bucs in the same position team wise? Brady has implemented tons of NE plays which another QB wouldn’t and they would likely be running a full air raid Arians offense. Sure they might have as many TDs and Yards but I can bet they would have way more TOs. You’re also completely ignoring the impact Brady has had on the team/culture which many have mentioned. Bucs went from one of the worst penalized teams. They started off that way in the beginning of the year yet are now Top 10 least penalized. As corny as it says, the “Brady effect” has impact on and off the field.

Edited by RUGmen

Not just any QB could thrive on the Bucs right now because as we’ve seen before, Arian’s system is a QBs worst nightmare turnover-wise. 

I don’t get the narrative that Brady isn’t good this year. Team chemistry hasn’t been great but aside from a slight mid season slump all players face he looks pretty darn sharp to me.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

22 minutes ago, RUGmen said:

You clearly didn’t read my post entirely.

Again, cool..another QB could put up good stats. Winston threw for 30TDs and 5K yards and they went 7-9. I still don’t get your point.

Replace Brady with Dalton. Are the Bucs in the same position team wise? Brady has implemented tons of NE plays which another QB wouldn’t and they would likely be running a full air raid Arians offense. Sure they might have as many TDs and Yards but I can bet they would have way more TOs. You’re also completely ignoring the impact Brady has had on the team/culture which many have mentioned. Bucs went from one of the worst penalized teams. They started off that way in the beginning of the year yet are now Top 10 least penalized. As corny as it says, the “Brady effect” has impact on and off the field.

God I can feel the bile rising up in my throat.  Seriously, it's like the team doesn't even have coaches or anything.  Tom Brady alone is responsible for ALL that?  Really?

See?  This is what we're talking about here.  I mean....ugh.  It's so nauseating they way you guys make even the moon and stars revolved around this man.

Yo admins, can we make "Brady Effect" a 4 letter word around here please?  Seriously, never say that again. Ever

5 minutes ago, Saint_James said:

God I can feel the bile rising up in my throat.  Seriously, it's like the team doesn't even have coaches or anything.  Tom Brady alone is responsible for ALL that?  Really?

See?  This is what we're talking about here.  I mean....ugh.  It's so nauseating they way you guys make even the moon and stars revolved around this man.

Yo admins, can we make "Brady Effect" a 4 letter word around here please?  Seriously, never say that again. Ever

Straw man at its finest.

Where did I say Tom was the reason for everything? I did however say he has had a huge impact. I think Arians is a decent offensive mind and the mix of his offense and Brady’s NE can work well.

You clearly do everything in your power to discredit Brady. It’s one thing to claim reasons why he may not be playing as well or whatever, but you clearly have your own agenda.

You also still didn’t answer my part of my other posts. You discredit Brady for having all this talent. Are you doing the same for Mahomes and Rodgers?

Edited by RUGmen

19 minutes ago, RUGmen said:

Straw man at its finest.

Where did I say Tom was the reason for everything? I did however say he has had a huge impact.

You pretty much credited him for their reduction in penalties.  I mean, you get these are paid professionals right?  It's just so condescending.   Like they were sitting around and needed Tom flipping Brady to say "he guys, penalties are bad".   Really?

Please backtrack again and tell me that's not what you meant.  It sure came off that way.

You discredit Brady for having all this talent. Are you doing the same for Mahomes and Rodgers?

I'm not sure you guys are seriously aware of how loaded Tampa Bay is.  Mahomes has one amazing receiver and one really good tight end.   Brady has three amazing receivers (all future HOF) and a tight end that everyone credits as being the best pass-catching tight end of our times ever. 

Tampa Bay's roster is more stacked than Green Bay's or the Chiefs and I'll defy anyone to make a serious argument otherwise.   People right here in this thread were saying the same thing too when they were scapegoating Bruce Arians for Brady struggles weeks back, so come on why play games with me?

Edited by Saint_James

On 12/30/2020 at 10:56 AM, Saint_James said:

Why don't you be more clear on WHAT you are saying?  I purposefully said it's "debatable".  I don't mind you debating, but my larger point was that Tom Brady is playing with a stacked deck.   I would expect any good QB to absolutely thrive on this team.  If you can't thrive in this system, well, maybe quarterback isn't for you. 

So I don't get why people are saying this "proves" anything about the man. 

I brought up that Rams team simply as an example, I was just honestly trying to think of a team analogous to this Tampa Bay team when it comes to offensive talent.   You trying to use my own example against me was just odd.

The stacked deck that was 7-9 without him. And the HC who missed the playoffs 3 years in a row before he got there.

His last team just happened to have a losing record for the first time in 20 years when he leaves. I’m sure that’s just a massive coincidence 

Tom Brady is not a “system” QB who is a product of Bill Belichick. That talking bout has been destroyed this season anyway you slice it. 

Edited by CP3MVP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint_James said:

It should also be noted that when he left the AFC east the dolphins look good now 🤣

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CP3MVP said:

The stacked deck that was 7-9 without him. And the HC who missed the playoffs 3 years in a row before he got there.

His last team just happened to have a losing record for the first time in 20 years when he leaves. I’m sure that’s just a massive coincidence 

Tom Brady is not a “system” QB who is a product of Bill Belichick. That talking bout has been destroyed this season anyway you slice it. 

Right let's pretend the team is exactly the same as last season.  Also Winston is a horrible QB, he just is.  I'm not saying Brady is horrible.  Brady is good.  All this team needed was just a good quarterback, and they have one now.  Oh and a future HOF receiver added and little things like the GOAT for tight end didn't hurt either.   Think MAYBE that's part of it?  Just a little?

If you're seriously suggesting the Patriots have a losing season this season, and it's ONLY because of Brady, you are exactly part of the problem.  That's such a false narrative.  Also didn't Brady stink up the joint last year there against the Titans?  Yeah, let's not pretend the Patriots were world-beaters UNTIL Brady left.   That's bullcrap. 

Tom Brady was a sixth round nobody that nobody wanted and only ONE guy gave him a chance.  So yeah, you're factually wrong.  He IS a product of Bill Bellichick and what he learned under him is invaluable.   Natural born great quarterbacks do NOT fall to the sixth round, they just don't.   Belichick made Tom Brady, fact. 

Why Brady homers need Bellichick to be exposed as a fraud so they can feel better about their lives is something I just don't understand.   If Brady went to a bad team and made them competitive, that would be something else.  But going to Tampa Bay with THIS roster?  Uhhh no, nothing has been destroyed by that. 

2 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

It should also be noted that when he left the AFC east the dolphins look good now 🤣

Right nothing to do with the Dolphins making a MASSIVE upgrade in the quarterback department.  I mean seriously???   You're really making that case about Tom Brady???

Come back to this conversation please when you realize Tom Brady is not a living god.  This is just obnoxious. 

49 minutes ago, Saint_James said:

You pretty much credited him for their reduction in penalties.  I mean, you get these are paid professionals right?  It's just so condescending.   Like they were sitting around and needed Tom flipping Brady to say "he guys, penalties are bad".   Really?

Please backtrack again and tell me that's not what you meant.  It sure came off that way.

I'm not sure you guys are seriously aware of how loaded Tampa Bay is.  Mahomes has one amazing receiver and one really good tight end.   Brady has three amazing receivers (all future HOF) and a tight end that everyone credits as being the best pass-catching tight end of our times ever. 

Tampa Bay's roster is more stacked than Green Bay's or the Chiefs and I'll defy anyone to make a serious argument otherwise.   People right here in this thread were saying the same thing too when they were scapegoating Bruce Arians for Brady struggles weeks back, so come on why play games with me?

What does Brady need to prove to you? Go to the Jets, put up 5K yards and 40TDs and lead them to a SB?

You’re acting as if Brady joining Tampa is like Durant joining a Finals winning GSW team. Tell me again the last time TB made the playoffs. 

14 minutes ago, Saint_James said:

Right nothing to do with the Dolphins making a MASSIVE upgrade in the quarterback department.  I mean seriously???   You're really making that case about Tom Brady???

Come back to this conversation please when you realize Tom Brady is not a living god.  This is just obnoxious. 

Huh? Tua sucks and fitz is the same medicore QB he’s always been. 

The AFC east cheered when the big dog left because they knew they finally chance. Just like in 2008

22 minutes ago, Saint_James said:

Right let's pretend the team is exactly the same as last season.  Also Winston is a horrible QB, he just is.  I'm not saying Brady is horrible.  Brady is good.  All this team needed was just a good quarterback, and they have one now.  Oh and a future HOF receiver added and little things like the GOAT for tight end didn't hurt either.   Think MAYBE that's part of it?  Just a little?

If you're seriously suggesting the Patriots have a losing season this season, and it's ONLY because of Brady, you are exactly part of the problem.  That's such a false narrative.  Also didn't Brady stink up the joint last year there against the Titans?  Yeah, let's not pretend the Patriots were world-beaters UNTIL Brady left.   That's bullcrap. 

Tom Brady was a sixth round nobody that nobody wanted and only ONE guy gave him a chance.  So yeah, you're factually wrong.  He IS a product of Bill Bellichick and what he learned under him is invaluable.   Natural born great quarterbacks do NOT fall to the sixth round, they just don't.   Belichick made Tom Brady, fact. 

Why Brady homers need Bellichick to be exposed as a fraud so they can feel better about their lives is something I just don't understand.   If Brady went to a bad team and made them competitive, that would be something else.  But going to Tampa Bay with THIS roster?  Uhhh no, nothing has been destroyed by that. 

Huh? The difference is a rookie RT, LF who sucks, 7 games of Antonio brown(they were 6-2 before he got there) and Gronk off his couch who essentially functioned as a blocking TE the first half of the season. Yeah I’m giving this to Brady. They’re pass defense is actually worse this year. 

”all they needed was a good QB”

Yoi can say that about every bad team. Lol the jets last year went 7-9 with a HORRIBLE coach and a bad QB, same record as Tampa. What about if they had Brady? Bears 8-8 with Mitch, they’d be a playoff team with Tom.

BB isn’t a fraud he’s just not as good without the greatest player in NFL history. Lol at draft status, Johnny Unitas was crated in the 9th round was he a “naturally good QB” or nah? What about Roger Staubach? I’m just curious. He was drafted in the 10th round.

Edited by CP3MVP