The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

4 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

my goodness... show me what the bad man did to hurt you. it'll be ok, I promise.

When GSU hates something, he goes the full effort, and doesn’t even make sense. He was also arguing during the off season Brady’s arm was toast and no velocity, and I said the velocity is completely there if you’re watching the tape. He had the worst cast in football by a super wide margin. 

I’d say 95% of that guy’s post history is just hate-posts and sounding massively angry about a variety of topics lol.  

Edited by BayRaider

59 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

40 TDs for Tom Brady.

It's just silly at this point. Here's the all time leaders for TD's thrown in a season:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_td_single_season.htm

Drew Brees threw 27 TD's at age 40

Brady threw 29 at age 41

Brady threw 40 at age 43

Those are the onyl seasons a >=40 year old QB has thrown for more then 26 TD's (list only goes down that far).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

my goodness... show me what the bad man did to hurt you. it'll be ok, I promise.

I don’t hate him at all, it was an honest assessment of what I saw today. Sure the stats were pretty and I never said they weren’t, but when watching the actual game there were way more wild throws than we are used to seeing from him.

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I don’t hate him at all, it was an honest assessment of what I saw today. Sure the stats were pretty and I never said they weren’t, but when watching the actual game there were way more wild throws than we are used to seeing from him.

Ok, and he’s been throwing deep crisp lasers that no defender can defend majority of the year when you and many others were basically calling his arm dead. So what’s your point?

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Ok, and he’s been throwing deep crisp lasers that no defender can defend majority of the year when you and many others were basically calling his arm dead. So what’s your point?

The point that I just made. 

andi can update his rankings in a lot of advanced stats tomorrow, but as of 3-4 weeks ago he was middle the pack in almost all of them. 

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

When GSU hates something, he goes the full effort, and doesn’t even make sense. He was also arguing during the off season Brady’s arm was toast and no velocity, and I said the velocity is completely there if you’re watching the tape. He had the worst cast in football by a super wide margin. 

I’d say 95% of that guy’s post history is just hate-posts and sounding massively angry about a variety of topics lol.  

Removed

31 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What is the point of this, it add nothing to the op and I don’t recall anything over the off-season with you about Brady’s. Not that it we didn’t have it but can you link it? I only recall us disagreeing about corona around that time 10%. 

9 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

He was top 4 in DYAR and DVOA before today and will end up top 4 in both.

Also #3 on PFF. Although I value DVOA Stat and Traditional Stats way more than PFF. Point being, all three methods agree Brady was a Top 5 QB this season. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 2:56 PM, CP3MVP said:

Speaking of Drew Brees. Sean Payton actually has a higher winning percentage without Brees than BB has without Brady.

in fact all the other QBs who are considered all time greats Coaches  have higher winning percentages without their QB than BB does without Brady 

To be fair I think that has a lot to do with how long Brady stuck around.  Its basically contemporaneous with Bill's entire run in Foxborough, outside of his first season (transition year) and this season (transition year) and the year he went 11-5 with Matt Cassell.  I doubt that'll be true 3 or 5 years from now tbh.

To me, it’s more mind blowing how at many times, Brady and the Bucs looked awful on offense, yet he still threw for 40 TDs  this season in a brand new system and team at 43 years old. Can we see a 2nd season next year ala Peyton in Denver?

Amazing.

Edited by RUGmen

45 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Also #3 on PFF. Although I value DVOA Stat and Traditional Stats way more than PFF. Point being, all three methods agree Brady was a Top 5 QB this season. 

Yeah whatever you think of PFF and DVOA, the guy had 4600 yards and 40 touchdowns.  People are a little desensitized to it but 40 touchdowns is a big deal.  That's only happened 13 times in NFL history.  

3 minutes ago, RUGmen said:

To me, it’s more mind blowing how at many times, Brady and the Bucs looked awful on offense, yet he still threw for 40 TDs  this season in a brand new system and team at 43 years old. Can we see a 2nd season next year ala Peyton in Denver?

Amazing.

Yeah imagine what kind of numbers he would have put up with this full offense all season and with a full set of training camps to get ready, instead of being blunted by COVID? 

Its hard to say he will improve on this next season because the guy is going to be 44 years old... but honestly who would be surprised.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, childofpudding said:

He was top 4 in DYAR and DVOA before today and will end up top 4 in both.

And here’s where he was on the below stats as of 12/5. As I said, they’ll have to be updated but I’m going to take a wild guess and say he won’t be top 5 in a majority of them @BayRaider.

25th in completion percentage

9th in touchdown percentage

19th in interception percentage

23rd in yards per attempt

20th in adjusted ypa

23rd in yards per completion

15th in passer rating

20th in net yards gained per attempt

16th in adjusted yards per attempt