The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Brees had a 1,352 yard lead on Brady for #1 in regular season passing yards.

Brady got 198 yards closer today. (Its now 1,154)

Brady gained 1,691 yards on Brees this season.

Let’s be honest. That record is going to change about 5 hands in the next 7-8 years most likely. There’s some hyperbole in this post.

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

This is completely fair. But when do you say Tbs offense has been at full strength? The last 3 weeks he’s played atl twice and Detroit.  I’m not giving football outsiders money just for this but I believe that’s two bottom 5 pass d’s? And again, the #s are great and what he’s doing at his age is remarkable, but what were the comments after the kc or rams game? Are these last 3 weeks making people wear rose colored glasses?

For sure.  But if you extrapolate the last 3 weeks over the course of a full season, you'd get 53 touchdowns, 5 INTs, and 6100 passing yards.  Those are stupid numbers.  Itd be the greatest season in NFL history by far.  So oviously he's not going to throw for 6K yards when he doesn't play the Falcons and Lions every week, nobody is saying he will or that he could put up those numbers throwing to Jakobi Meyers either.  But he's doing exactly what you'd expect an elite QB with an elite offense to do against sub-par defenses.  And he held his own while that offense wasn't at full strength earlier this season.  And if you look at his season holistically, 4600 yards and 40 touchdowns is pretty impressive.  He had weeks where he was throwing to a banged up Scotty Miller and weeks where he was throwing to a bunch of Hall of Famers, but at the end of the day its 4600 yards and 40 touchdowns in his first season with a new team. 

23 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Nope, it was the quickest way to post all the stats I was referring too. What you said doesn’t solve that problem, At all. I was going to put more but then i noticed the historical Brady hater part. Link it. How lazy does it get just to default to that?

It was the quickest way for you to post old stats that no longer apply? And yes, spending 2 minutes to go to PFR and FO does solve the problem of you posting month-old data.

The irony of you posting rankings from 12/5 and calling me lazy is amusing.

Edited by childofpudding

18 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

How much do weight do you put on him being in such a qb friendly offense? Arians is inarguably that, and he has 24 of his tds in goal to go situations. I wonder if that #is skewed because arians likes to pass so much. And it’s the same with Rodgers for the record, he’s pretty much been unstoppable but GBs offense just loves to throw early and often in goal to go. I wonder if you just ignore td passes for a second and watched a game (and not saying you haven’t, I mean the general you) would you be saying, man, this is an elite Qb. I kinda doubt it personally.

Is it a QB friendly offense? They throw the ball a fair amount, but largely because their run game is meh, and it's not like the long-developing pass plays behind a shaky OL did Brady any favours in many games. CBS put a graphic up about QBs playing their first seasons under Arians, and how they tend to throw a lot of INTs, Brady's 12 is very low in comparison (and at least three of those were tips that should have been caught by a WR).

As for throwing in goal-to-go situations, they've actually scored more rushing TDs than their run game productivity would suggest. The Bucs are 28th in rushing yards, but 14th in rushing TDs. Compare this to the other passing TD leaders: Chiefs are 15th in yards, but 23rd in TDs,  Seattle are 11th in yards and 19th in TDs, and Green Bay are 8th in rushing yards, but only 14th in TDs. In terms of offensive production, you could argue Brady has had the most TDs vultured by rushing (plus the three he scored himself).

6 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Let’s be honest. That record is going to change about 5 hands in the next 7-8 years most likely. There’s some hyperbole in this post.

Eh we'll see.  I think that record could stand for a while.  Especially if you include playoffs - Brady could realistically end up with over 100K passing yards by the end of his career including playoff games.  That's not gonna be a super easy record for anyone to break.  Aaron Rodgers is at 56k yards and he's 37.  Mahomes is at 15k yards. 

1 minute ago, childofpudding said:

It was the quickest way for you to post old stats that no longer apply? And yes, spending 2 minutes to go to PFR and FO does solve the problem of you posting month-old data.

The irony of you posting rankings from 12/5 and calling me lazy is amusing.

Yes, because I never referred to where he actually ranked. There’s no way you read that post and say I was basing today’s assessment from those rankings. All I was looking for was those list of stats, so again, it was the quickest way.

and I’m going to assume you don’t have a link that proves I’ve been a “known Brady hater”, so yea, extremely lazy to default to that just cause you don’t agree.

1 hour ago, mission27 said:

Yeah whatever you think of PFF and DVOA, the guy had 4600 yards and 40 touchdowns.  People are a little desensitized to it but 40 touchdowns is a big deal.  That's only happened 13 times in NFL history.  

Only his second time throwing 40+ TDs. His other season he threw 50.

4 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Is it a QB friendly offense? They throw the ball a fair amount, but largely because their run game is meh, and it's not like the long-developing pass plays behind a shaky OL did Brady any favours in many games. CBS put a graphic up about QBs playing their first seasons under Arians, and how they tend to throw a lot of INTs, Brady's 12 is very low in comparison (and at least three of those were tips that should have been caught by a WR).

As for throwing in goal-to-go situations, they've actually scored more rushing TDs than their run game productivity would suggest. The Bucs are 28th in rushing yards, but 14th in rushing TDs. Compare this to the other passing TD leaders: Chiefs are 15th in yards, but 23rd in TDs,  Seattle are 11th in yards and 19th in TDs, and Green Bay are 8th in rushing yards, but only 14th in TDs. In terms of offensive production, you could argue Brady has had the most TDs vultured by rushing (plus the three he scored himself).

Yes, it is. Arians always has, but the stat you’re using is I’m sure unintentionally misleading. Bucs are 28th in rushing but they just don’t like to run the ball. They’re bottom 4 in attempts, every team below them are consistently down in games. Ronald Jones average over 5 ypc, although fournette  hasn’t been great. I’m not saying the bucs use the run game to get to goal to go and then just force passes, they just pass all the time.

and I agree and understand the both gb and kc throw a ton down there, but they’re also an friendly offenses. Andy Reid has been known that way even longer than arians.

10 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Eh we'll see.  I think that record could stand for a while.  Especially if you include playoffs - Brady could realistically end up with over 100K passing yards by the end of his career including playoff games.  That's not gonna be a super easy record for anyone to break.  Aaron Rodgers is at 56k yards and he's 37.  Mahomes is at 15k yards. 

But the record doesn’t include playoffs. Ryan and stafford are the main threats, and I can’t speak for stafford, but Ryan had said he wants to play when he’s in his 40’s. Ryan can fairly easily average roughly 4500 yards for another few years minimum.

11 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Yes, because I never referred to where he actually ranked. There’s no way you read that post and say I was basing today’s assessment from those rankings. All I was looking for was those list of stats, so again, it was the quickest way.

and I’m going to assume you don’t have a link that proves I’ve been a “known Brady hater”, so yea, extremely lazy to default to that just cause you don’t agree.

Here are your links:

profootballreference.com

footballoutsiders.com

Both are mobile friendly.

1 minute ago, childofpudding said:

Here are your links:

profootballreference.com

footballoutsiders.com

Both are mobile friendly.

Once again, I was t looking for the stats. Just the list I was referring to. How can I help make that more clear for you?

and third time I’m asking, where is this link of me being a known Brady hater? Can we agree it doesn’t exist or you keeping it secret?

3 minutes ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

5 hands next 8 years? Can you name the owners of those hands please? Brees, Brady, who are the other 3?

So first of all, lets not even think about passing yards and Rodgers.

• He's 4k behind Matt Ryan who is younger than Rodgers.
    • Ryan is 13k+ back and will be 36 before next season.

Guys like Favre had a year or two in their 40s.

Brady has been a beast to 43 and probably has at least 2 more years at this level.

Brees is 42 this month, and is playing at a high level, but his body may be falling apart.  (missed 5 games 2 years in a row)

He's also lost some of his zip by most accounts.

Brady is a freak of nature. His genetics, fitness, and nutrition are all extreme.

He's not a trailblazer where 10 other QBs are going to follow him to age 45 as an elite QB just because he did it.

• Like 2

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

Once again, I was t looking for the stats. Just the list I was referring to. How can I help make that more clear for you?

and third time I’m asking, where is this link of me being a known Brady hater? Can we agree it doesn’t exist or you keeping it secret?

All this time replying to me, you could have updated your "list" by now. Hop to it already.

"I'm going to post month-old data to make a point but demand that you dig through my post history and provide evidence."

Fine, though. I will back up my claim. Here's the link: https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/30528-the-tom-brady-thread/