The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

21 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Before this thread gets locked, Brady at 43 threw for 40 TDs and added 2:rushing TDs.  In the entire history of the league, no QB  has achieved that production over 40.

We just watched history, which may never happen again.  I don t understand how this achievement gets marginalized.  

Because it’s Brady. Dude has normalized what success means for him. Also, people hate him so much, they can’t see through that. Brady doing what he did at 43 is insane. I’ve even overlooked him most the season. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Given we removed a problem, we're good in continuing this discussion.

Keep it kosher.

- ET

Appreciate this move. 2 or 3 Brady threads have been permanently closed before due to saltiness of a couple individuals. It's far better if people who don't like him just don't bother clicking on the thread. 

According to pff.com

The most valuable 2020 NFL additions at each position

With all but four franchises looking toward the 2021 NFL Draft and free agency, it is a great time to look back at the offseason and evaluate the most valuable player additions.

Through PFF’s proprietary WAR (wins above replacement) metric, we can assess which signings, trades and draft picks made the biggest impact this past year. Here were the most valuable offseason additions at each position from the 2020 season.

QB: TOM BRADY, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS, 4.19 WAR

Brady is the obvious choice for the quarterback position, as he put together one of the best seasons of his career on his way to the No. 4 overall grade in the league. Despite joining a new coaching staff for the first time in his NFL career, and despite taking the field at the ripe age of 43, Brady excelled in the passing game once again, producing the league’s highest percentage of “perfectly placed” throws. His arm strength was on display all season long as he racked up the most attempts (91), completions (36) and second-most yards (1,233) on passes thrown 20-plus yards downfield. It is new team, same Brady as he looks to propel the Buccaneers past the Green Bay Packers in the NFC championship this week.

4 hours ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

QB: TOM BRADY, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS, 4.19 WAR

Brady is the obvious choice for the quarterback position, as he put together one of the best seasons of his career on his way to the No. 4 overall grade in the league. Despite joining a new coaching staff for the first time in his NFL career, and despite taking the field at the ripe age of 43, Brady excelled in the passing game once again, producing the league’s highest percentage of “perfectly placed” throws. His arm strength was on display all season long as he racked up the most attempts (91), completions (36) and second-most yards (1,233) on passes thrown 20-plus yards downfield. It is new team, same Brady as he looks to propel the Buccaneers past the Green Bay Packers in the NFC championship this week.

He's obviously the best pick up at QB, but this all seems too much. He destroyed the final 4 games, but wasn't that against Falcons twice, Lions and some other dud?

He looked AWFUL against the Saints first time, AWFUL against Rams - he actually looked like a semi professional making those deep throws against LAR. 

Overall he's been really good, but only beat 2 good teams all season. It didn't seem like typical Brady at all. Quite the opposite. Tons of fireworks, couldn't grind and find a win against tougher opponents. I swear in NE it was the opposite

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Nice to have the thread back. Was gonna make a 2.0 if Brady won this week. 

He truly is, still, a Top 5 QB in the NFL. I think Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, Watson are in their own tier, but Brady is #1 in that next tier. 

Wilson and Watson haven't shown me anything that they are better than 43 year old TB. The way Josh Allen is playing, I would at least put him on Wilson and Watson's level if not above. Eyetest showed me that Rodgers was the best QB this year, thus will win MVP but Brady was the best QB in the 2nd half of the season. Now idea what his stats were but they must be pretty good. Should be a thriller this weekend between 2 legends.