The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

3 hours ago, Saint_James said:

Brees is clearly the single greatest thrower of the football in NFL history, however I acknowledge that you need multiple championships to enter the "GOAT" debate without having rocks hurled at your head -so for my money, that's clearly Joe Montana.  He did it in a MUCH harder era than Brees and Brady are playing in. 

Oh I'm sorry, you were just trolling instead of actually looking for a discussion.  My bad....

Go GOAT yourself you f'ing troll. 

Brees the best single thrower? Like pure passing talent?

I will take Marino or Rodgers any day but this is not that thread.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saint_James said:

Brees is clearly the single greatest thrower of the football in NFL history, however I acknowledge that you need multiple championships to enter the "GOAT" debate without having rocks hurled at your head -so for my money, that's clearly Joe Montana.  He did it in a MUCH harder era than Brees and Brady are playing in. 

Oh I'm sorry, you were just trolling instead of actually looking for a discussion.  My bad....

'clearly Montana'

Hahaha! 

Pre-2000s way of thinking called, they want their opinion back. 

'Brees is clearly the single greatest thrower of the football in NFL history,'

You CLEARLY need to be banned. Let's go mods...

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

'clearly Montana'

Hahaha! 

Pre-2000s way of thinking called, they want their opinion back. 

'Brees is clearly the single greatest thrower of the football in NFL history,'

You CLEARLY need to be banned. Let's go mods...

You think I care?  From what I can tell this is a place where about 10 dudes sit around and play "get off my lawn" to anyone who doesn't agree with them.  You calling for a ban, simply by having an opinion, is what's so enforcing of that perception.

Drew Brees at one point or the other has broken, or owned, nearly every single quarterback statistic.   The list is too long to even post here.   He's a Super Bowl champion and ran the gauntlet defeating Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, and Payton Manning in head to head matchups to earn that Super Bowl.   By any objective measure, it's absolutely NOT insane to assert that Drew Brees is that greatest passing quarterback in history.   Many many people have that opinion.

You can disagree, sure, but to say I'm to be banned for stating it?   Meh, I'll do you a favor and help.  Go **** yourself *******.  You guys know **** about football.

Before this thread gets locked, Brady at 43 threw for 40 TDs and added 2:rushing TDs.  In the entire history of the league, no QB  has achieved that production over 40.

We just watched history, which may never happen again.  I don t understand how this achievement gets marginalized.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RUGmen said:

Maybe I wasn't more clear, no.  I don't mean how he looks throwing the ball.  I mean as far as statistics and accuracy.  There is no better thrower of a football than Drew Brees and there's not even a close second.  For the man to have such little respect for the amazing body of work he's had in his career, it's just crazy to me.  

8 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Before this thread gets locked, Brady at 43 threw for 40 TDs and added 2:rushing TDs.  In the entire history of the league, no QB  has achieved that production over 40.

We just watched history, which may never happen again.  I don t understand how this achievement gets marginalized.  

This thread shouldn't be locked, but those who literally attack other people for having a minority opinion on Tom Brady absolutely should have something done to them or their posts should be removed.  Or else why even make discussion threads if bullies are allowed to just go off on people who have a point of view not shared by them?

Edited by Saint_James

6 minutes ago, Saint_James said:

This thread shouldn't be locked, but those who literally attack other people for having a minority opinion on Tom Brady absolutely should have something done to them or their posts should be removed.  Or else why even make discussion threads if bullies are allowed to just go off on people who have a point of view not shared by them?

There are certain words that just won t be tolerated in any post on this forum. Been this way for yrs and certainly not going to change in this climate.

I gave no problem with debate who is the best QB of all time for an entire career.  

I just find what Brady has done this yr should be celebrated considering his age.  Heck, I think Brees deserves a lot of credit for his season over coming injury and deserves recognition with his production.  

QB production over 40 has been brutal throughout the history of the NFL.  End of Favre s career was not pretty to watch.   Brady at 43, production we may never see again even with the evolution of training and nutrition going fwd.  

Just now, ravishingone said:

There are certain words that just won t be tolerated in any post on this forum. Been this way for yrs and certainly not going to change in this climate.

I gave no problem with debate who is the best QB of all time for an entire career.  

I just find what Brady has done this yr should be celebrated considering his age.  Heck, I think Brees deserves a lot of credit for his season over coming injury and deserves recognition with his production.  

QB production over 40 has been brutal throughout the history of the NFL.  End of Favre s career was not pretty to watch.   Brady at 43, production we may never see again even with the evolution of training and nutrition going fwd.  

I wasn't talking about you, no worries.

But are we really going to create a brand new statistical category, production over 40, to perpetrate the hoax of Brady's greatness even further?  Yes, apparently some think we should.  UGH!

Please show me another QB over 40 that had a team this great built around him, I can't think of one. 

3 hours ago, RUGmen said:

Brees had 5 years in SD and impressed no one as a greatest passer ability QB.

He fell to round 2 because he did not have a cannon that amazed any GMs. (height also factored in)

Talent - Drive - Health - Opportunity - Coaching - System - Constant solid passing game options his entire NO career - Dome all led to his temporary passing records.

Yes he has the completion% mark (Foles has the playoff one, is Foles an all-time arm talent passer?)

Brees deserves all the credit he has earned. Pretending he has Elway's arm is hilarious.

2 hours ago, Saint_James said:

But are we really going to create a brand new statistical category, production over 40, to perpetrate the hoax of Brady's greatness even further?  Yes, apparently some think we should.  UGH!

Please show me another QB over 40 that had a team this great built around him, I can't think of one. 

This is a world class cold take.

The Bucs missed the playoffs with that talent last year.

Brown and Gronk did not get pulled out of a hat by a hot GM because they love Tampa and Bruce Arians.

They had prior relationships with the greatest leader in the history of the NFL. They were drawn to him and his greatness (both out of retirement)

That is why this talent has been built around him.

Keep up the delusional attacks, its really funny stuff.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Saint_James said:

Prime evidence that forums needs some sort of IQ test when registering.

Edited by LieutenantGains
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Saint_James said:

You can disagree, sure, but to say I'm to be banned for stating it?   Meh, I'll do you a favor and help.  Go **** yourself *******.  You guys know **** about football.

MODS

I don't presume to do your job or anything like it, but I feel like thus guy needs to cool down. Personal assaults everywhere

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Saint_James said:

Look, a hoax that has proof!

D8bTCP8X4AAN3XY.jpg

hoax = DEBUNKED