Week 5 GDT: Raiders (2-2) @ Chiefs (4-0)

NYRaider

Just now, BayRaider said:

You mean everyone calling him out on a trash play...? And then all praising him the rest of the game? Is criticizing Carr not allowed during games? Is that Carr fan law?

Broooooo please. You are killing me. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

3 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Broooooo please. You are killing me. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Just having trouble understanding your logic.

- You quote me saying Carr needs praise when I'm talking about the defense. Carr did get a ton of praise.

- You claim people have said Carr has had trash games. Where did anyone say this all season...? No one has said he's had any trash game.

- After being called out on that, you claim it was actually the comments of this game instead. And then I said, people aren't allowed to criticize Carr for a bad play?

Like I literally don't understand the point of you post, and you haven't explained it well.

Edited by BayRaider

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Just having trouble understanding your logic.

- You quote me saying Carr needs praise when I'm talking about the defense. Carr did get a ton of praise.

- You claim people have said Carr has had trash games. Where did anyone say this all season...? No one has said he's had any trash game.

- After being called out on that, you claim it was actually the comments of this game instead. And then I said, people aren't allowed to criticize Carr for a bad play?

Like I literally don't understand the point of you post, and you haven't explained it well.

Bro I quoted your post because I felt like it applied to Carr as well, nothing to do with you or an opinion you had. Though you getting so defensive about it is odd.Β 

Β 

As for this thread, go back to the first quarter of it when we were down and trying to find our footing in one of the hardest places to play in the entire league and it's there in black and white. The point of the comment was also meant to be extrapolated out of this exact thread and more in reference to the narrative that's been around Carr all off-season and season so far. Like I said was not aimed at anything you said, just thought the same thought process you were applying to the defense could be applied to Carr.Β 

• Like 1

Anyone criticizing Carr after today is just a hater at this point. Dude just went on the road to one of the toughest places to play in the league, against the undefeated defending Super Bowl champions, and outplayed the best QB in the league.Β 

First 40+ point game from a visitor at Arrowhead since 2009 and Carr became only the 3rd QB to throw for 300+ yards and 3+ TD against the Chiefs at Arrowhead in the Andy Reid era along with Phillip Rivers and Peyton Manning.Β 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Anyone criticizing Carr after today is just a hater at this point. Dude just went on the road to one of the toughest places to play in the league, against the undefeated defending Super Bowl champions, and outplayed the best QB in the league.Β 

First 40+ point game from a visitor at Arrowhead since 2009 and Carr became only the 3rd QB to throw for 300+ yards and 3+ TD against the Chiefs at Arrowhead in the Andy Reid era along with Phillip Rivers and Peyton Manning.Β 

No one is hating on Carr, not a single person. This was a fantastic game for him. Great, solid, damn game.Β 
Β 

Only thing I’ve said (which I said before the season) is I’ll wait til the end of year for an evaluation on Carr, whether he’s doing good or bad. Because Carr did great the first six games last year and I hyped him up pretty good, and then he did a complete 360 and was garbage the 2nd half of the season. I hope he keeps it up and shows out the entire season. This was the game against KC we’ve always wanted to see.Β 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Only thing I’ve said (which I said before the season) is I’ll wait til the end of year for an evaluation on Carr, whether he’s doing good or bad. Because Carr did great the first six games last year and I hyped him up pretty good, and then he did a complete 360 and was garbage the 2nd half of the season. I hope he keeps it up and shows out the entire season. This was the game against KC we’ve always wanted to see.Β 

That also had a lot to do with the revolving door we had at WR with Williams going down. I thought he was pretty good the first 10 weeks, played poorly weeks 11-13, then was pretty good weeks 14-16. We were 6-4 through our first 10 games despite a grueling travel schedule, arguably the hardest in NFL history, and our 4 losses all came against teams that made the playoffs during that stretch. He was bad in that key stretch against the Jets, Chiefs, and Titans for sure. But I thought that he bounced back pretty well in our last three games against the Jaguars, Chargers, and Broncos.Β 

And if they don't call that ridiculous penalty against him on that slide against the Jaguars and we don't go for 2 against the Broncos, there's a pretty good chance we would've won both of those games, finished 9-7, with 6 of our 7 losses coming against playoff teams.Β 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That also had a lot to do with the revolving door we had at WR with Williams going down. I thought he was pretty good the first 10 weeks, played poorly weeks 11-13, then was pretty good weeks 14-16. We were 6-4 through our first 10 games despite a grueling travel schedule, arguably the hardest in NFL history, and our 4 losses all came against teams that made the playoffs during that stretch. He was bad in that key stretch against the Jets, Chiefs, and Titans for sure. But I thought that he bounced back pretty well in our last three games against the Jaguars, Chargers, and Broncos.Β 

And if they don't call that ridiculous penalty against him on that slide against the Jaguars and we don't go for 2 against the Broncos, there's a pretty good chance we would've won both of those games, finished 9-7, with 6 of our 7 losses coming against playoff teams.Β 

I will say I thought a lot of our success and lack of success had to do with who played on offense and who didn't (including Antonio Brown LOL).

• Like 1

This will be one of those games we look back on as a fan base and talk about for years to come. A holiday dinner table conversation piece. It is in my opinion the biggest win we have had since the last time Gruden was head coach.Β 

Edited by FloydFan
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I will say I thought a lot of our success and lack of success had to do with who played on offense and who didn't (including Antonio Brown LOL).

Definitely. Down the stretch our top WR's were Renfrow, Ateman, Gafford, and Jones.Β 

• Like 1

Just now, FloydFan said:

This will be one of those games we look back on as a fan base and talk about for years to come. A holiday dinner table conversation piece. It is in my opinion the biggest win we have had since the last time Gruden was head coach.Β 

Without a doubt. Gotta pull your hats off and give Carr/Gruden a ton of credit. As I said earlier Carr became only the 2nd QB in the Mahomes era to go into Arrowhead and throw for more yards/TD than Mahomes along with Aaron Rodgers. He also became only the 4th QB to go into Arrowhead and throw for 300+ yards and 3+ TD in the Andy Reid era along with Rodgers, Rivers, and Manning. First RaidersΒ QB to throw for 300+ yards at Arrowhead since Gannon in 2002 and this was the first 40+ point performance by an opposing team in Arrowhead since 2013 and only the like 8th time they've ever given up 40+ at home in franchise history.Β 

Β 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Who in the world called Carr complete trash against anyone?

People have literally wanted us to trade for Haskins. People have called for Mariota. People call him complete trash all the time. If we had the threads from all his KC losses I'm sure you'd see that throughout the entirety of each of thoseΒ  threads. He's good and he finally has a team and coach to back him up.

• Like 3