Week 5 GDT: Raiders (2-2) @ Chiefs (4-0)

NYRaider

32 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Lot of disinformation here and mistruth. Yes I did want Brady as half this forum did, but other than that, I wanted Carr for 2020 and said it many many many times. I never wanted Jordan Love or any QB in the draft, that is simply untrue and completely putting narratives in my mouth. I love watching QBs during the draft and talk about them often, but that has nothing to do with taking them. I wanted a WR at 12, Jeudy 1a, Ruggs 1b, and Jordan Love was my 6th choice at 19 behind Jaylon Johnson #1, AJ Terrell #2, Patrick Queen #3, etc. Complete dishonesty and misinformation that I wanted a QB in the draft. Check the Pick 19 Preference Thread. 

I’m happy for Carr, happy for the Raiders, haven’t cheered that loudly for a Raider game since 2016 at least. Carr definitely looks on a mission and having a solid season. 

Although I do feel some of you are celebrating way too soon, like it is already declared Carr has “won” the season. Many forget I called Carr a Top 12 QB after six games last year. It backfired on me and I looked like an idiot. He was absolutely horrible his final 9-10 games, and no I don’t care about overall numbers, watch the games where he completely shuts down. That’s why I said this year I’ll wait all 16 games to give Carr a full evaluation and fair shake, whether good or bad. We’ve seen this story before, and Carr needs to prove it all 16 games without a shadow of a doubt that he is the QB. 

It’s so funny how people want to take their Carr frustration out on me. Truthfully, I’m not a hater of anyone, and I could care less what anyone thinks of that statement. I’m just a massive supporter of this team and will look at any way possible to help the team, and I do not get emotionally attached to any player, that’s about the dumbest thing you can possibly do because it ruins your objectivity. You guys can’t handle criticism of your QB is what’s going on here. You never have been able to handle any extreme criticism of Derek Carr, even though he deserved it. And this goes with all fans of every team and their QB. Derek Carr massively deserved criticism for 2017-2019. Yet you have some fans defending him every step of the way, and making excuses for him. Those fans are still wrong. Carr was absolutely horrendous in both 2017 and 2018 and deserves the much needed criticism that he received those years. And below-average in 2019. Just like he’s doing great right now and deserves praise. 

It’s funny how you think Carr doing well somehow hurts me. Once again, contrary to massive popular belief, I don’t hate Derek Carr. Only person I’ve ever hated was Antonio Brown, and maybe JaMarcus Russell to an extent. I still cheer for Carr every game, always have. Always will cheer for him as long as he’s a Raider. I posted more Carr over Mahomes memes than I can count after the game. However I am ALSO always going to give HUGE praise and HUGE criticism when players deserve it. I dish out both, and I do it with ALL players. My criticism with Carr may have sounded more extreme than other players, but that’s because his level of play was subpar for 3 straight years. 

It’s the fact that many of you fall in love with your QB and can not dish out massive criticism when necessary. Many of you have never once criticized. I am clearly not the problem. I give both criticism and praise when due, for all 53 players, all the time. 

I will continue to root for Carr and I hope he blows the roof off and has an MVP-Caliber season. I truly mean that. I hope we go 12-4 and Carr wins MVP,  nothing would give me more joy. But I’m still gonna call out praise when due, and criticism when due. There is zero room for poor play on the Las Vegas Raiders, among all 53 players. 

i think where the confusion comes from is I swear it was you who kept calling Carr a little p**** or b*** no?
now all of a sudden you wanted him as our qb this year all along ?

I think most carr supporters on here were saying that we arent going to get anything better than Carr, and a lot of his 'haters' just would say that doesnt mean you shouldnt try. 
the problem is that a lot of Carr supporters would say, we cant waste resources on drafting a qb because we have so many holes to fill..
the carr 'haters' just saw our losses and put them blame on carr

7 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

i think where the confusion comes from is I swear it was you who kept calling Carr a little p**** or b*** no?
now all of a sudden you wanted him as our qb this year all along ?

I think most carr supporters on here were saying that we arent going to get anything better than Carr, and a lot of his 'haters' just would say that doesnt mean you shouldnt try. 
the problem is that a lot of Carr supporters would say, we cant waste resources on drafting a qb because we have so many holes to fill..
the carr 'haters' just saw our losses and put them blame on carr

I said that one time, out of frustration over the past 3 years of subpar play where he completely shuts down during a game, after one of Carrs worst games of his career in 2019. Then it was echoed by a certain poster about 60 further times. I have never once repeated it. I’m sure everyone has shown their human side and cursed out a sports player or two. If not, I guess everyone else is perfect angels. I’ll say it again, I’ve never hated the guy, and have massively cheered him every game. I give praise when warranted and criticism warranted for all 53 players.   Just so happens Carr has needed massive criticism the past three years. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Yes I wanted Tom Brady, but show me one Mock Draft where I had Jordan Love or any QB in the draft coming to us. That is simply completely dishonest coming from you. It was 1) Brady 2) Carr for me and half this entire forum wanted Brady. 

Love was my 6th player I wanted at Pick 19 which you can see in the Pick 19 Thread. I’m sure I mocked a million players at 19, but in my Official Power Rankings of who I wanted for that pick, Love was #6 behind Terrell, Johnson, Queen, etc. 

Posted 7th January on page 105 of the Draft thread 2:

"I want Brady on a two year deal with a team option to get out of the second year, and also Jordan Love in the second round with the 2nd we net from Carr. Everyone here thinks Brady is too old though so I don’t say it often cause it’s not well received. But Brady is still Brady. 

Personally:

QB1: Brady

QB2: Peterman

Redshirt: Love

Is a pretty sick QB trio imo. Peterman looked great during PS/TC. 

But I’ll trust Gruden/Mayock whatever they wanna do. I’m on board. Carr another year, Tua trade up, Brady, Fitzpatrick, I’m down. No Winston, Mariota, or Herbert please. Those are my three requests."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

"I want Brady on a two year deal with a team option to get out of the second year, and also Jordan Love in the second round with the 2nd we net from Carr. Everyone here thinks Brady is too old though so I don’t say it often cause it’s not well received. But Brady is still Brady. 

Personally:

But I’ll trust Gruden/Mayock whatever they wanna do. I’m on board. Carr another year, Tua trade up, Brady, Fitzpatrick, I’m down. No Winston, Mariota, or Herbert please. Those are my three requests."

Man I feel like I’m dealing with CNN/Fox News/MSNBC level propaganda here... 

How many times did I also say I’d only draft Love if we had an old QB like Brady?

After Brady was signed by Tampa, Carr was 100% the plan. You gonna ignore the #12 Pick and #19 Pick Preference Threads made a week before the draft where Love is my 6th choice at 19? And the comment I made probably 40+ times where I want to give Carr one more shot in 2020, but he has to be amazing to stay past 2020?

You can cherry pick anything you want, just like news organizations do, but my stance was Carr before news of Brady being a FA, Brady during that period, and right back to Carr after Brady signed. Saying I wanted Jordan Love no matter what, without context, is just a straight up falsehood. I said many times the only way I’d draft Love is if we signed 43 year old Brady. 

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I said that one time, out of frustration over the past 3 years of subpar play where he completely shuts down during a game, after one of Carrs worst games of his career in 2019. Then it was echoed by a certain poster about 60 further times. I have never once repeated it. I’m sure everyone has shown their human side and cursed out a sports player or two. If not, I guess everyone else is perfect angels. I’ll say it, I’ve never hated the guy, and have massively cheered him every game. I give praise when warranted and criticism warranted for all 53 players.   Just so happens Carr has needed massive criticism the past three years. 

yea fair enough, Carr definitely can be frustrating at times. I def thought game was going to get ugly after Carrs pick
Really hope carr just keeps it up, we still have a lot of work on the D side so would love to see a D heavy/ focused draft. 
Carr for 20mil is a steal for what QBs are getting paid these days

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Man I feel like I’m dealing with CNN/Fox News/MSNBC level propaganda here... 

How many times did I also say I’d only draft Love if we had an old QB like Brady?

After Brady was signed by Tampa, Carr was 100% the plan. You gonna ignore the #12 Pick and #19 Pick Preference Threads made a week before the draft where Love is my 6th choice at 19? And the comment I made probably 40+ times where I want to give Carr one more shot in 2020, but he has to be amazing to stay past 2020?

You can cherry pick anything you want, just like news organizations do, but my stance was Carr before news of Brady being a FA, Brady during that period, and right back to Carr after Brady signed. Saying I wanted Jordan Love no matter what, without context, is just a straight up falsehood. I said many times the only way I’d draft Love is if we signed 43 year old Brady. 

You said " Yes I wanted Tom Brady, but show me one Mock Draft where I had Jordan Love or any QB in the draft coming to us. That is simply completely dishonest coming from you. It was 1) Brady 2) Carr for me and half this entire forum wanted Brady."

So I did. No propaganda or cherry picking required. Was I dishonest??

13 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

yea fair enough, Carr definitely can be frustrating at times. I def thought game was going to get ugly after Carrs pick
Really hope carr just keeps it up, we still have a lot of work on the D side so would love to see a D heavy/ focused draft. 
Carr for 20mil is a steal for what QBs are getting paid these days

There is a lot of Super-Fans of Carr looking for massive justification over the past three years and venting in this thread. The fact is, they are still wrong for defending literally anything Carr does, and not criticizing him once in those three years. I call it how I see it, both ways, for all players. You can make excuses for all 32 QBs, even Mahomes. I can understand excuses for one season, if a QB is playing outside his norm, with injuries surrounding him, etc. But excuses for three years straight with zero criticisms is what many of these Super-Fans did. I will always give praise and criticism when warranted. Carr deserves massive praise this year and balling out. Let’s all enjoy the ride. And let’s hope he can do it all year, because I called him a Top 12 QB after six games last year and he completely imploded. I want to see a great 16 game season from Carr from start to finish. 

Edited by BayRaider

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

There is a lot of Super-Fans of Carr looking for massive justification over the past three years and venting in this thread. The fact is, they are still wrong for defending literally anything Carr does, and not criticizing him once in those three years. I call it how I see it, both ways, for all players. You can make excuses for all 32 QBs, even Mahomes. I can understand excuses for one season, if a QB is playing outside his norm, with injuries surrounding him, etc. But excuses for three years straight with zero criticisms is what many of these Super-Fans did. I will always give praise and criticism when warranted. Carr deserves massive praise this year and balling out. Let’s all enjoy the ride. And let’s hope he can do it all year, because I called him a Top 12 QB after six games last year and he completely imploded. I want to see a great 16 game season from Carr from start to finish. 

i guess, i dont really see any carr fans not critizing carr tho.. most here were saying we arent going to do better than Carr especially wiht his price tag. 

i just dont understand how saying our roster is trash is labeled an excuse for Carr. 
we had no WRs, and no D last year - and we almost made playoffs. .  . then people rip on Carr for us not making the playoffs. but carr statistically still had a decent year, with minimal weapons

is our roster being bad last year the truth or an excuse? I dont know. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

i guess, i dont really see any carr fans not critizing carr tho.. most here were saying we arent going to do better than Carr especially wiht his price tag. 

i just dont understand how saying our roster is trash is labeled an excuse for Carr. 
we had no WRs, and no D last year - and we almost made playoffs. .  . then people rip on Carr for us not making the playoffs. but carr statistically still had a decent year, with minimal weapons

is our roster being bad last year the truth or an excuse? I dont know. 

It wasn't great. He wasn't "carrying" per se, but it wasn't great. Especially with a hobbled Tyrell Williams, who I may add was producing before injury.

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think the problem is you were very vocal in how much you wanted a change of QB, how much of a loser Carr is, a beta male, ridiculing him etc. etc. Then after a great performance against the superbly talented golden child of the NFL all of a sudden its "Well, I wanted Carr all along......." 

You make some really good posts with well written points and its not personal but you're not going to pull the wool over people's eyes on this. Its ok to not want Carr, and every pro Carr guy here has admitted his inconsistencies and weaknesses, we're not trying to say he is better than Mahomes now after one game but massive credit is due.

Even the post above has a sentence "excuses for three years straight with zero criticisms is what many of these Super-Fans did" which is just wrong I believe and looks intended to goad people.

I haven't seen a poster here who could be called a 'super-fan' for one and for two nobody has had zero criticisms or not readily admitted Carr has issues. We've said all along he has weaknesses but some think they can be ironed out or at least limited in the scheme and that he's capable of being a very good QB, which he's just showed.

Again, its not personal but when you post things that are wrong then you're likely to be brought up on it, as we all are 😀

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It wasn't great. He wasn't "carrying" per se, but it wasn't great. Especially with a hobbled Tyrell Williams, who I may add was producing before injury.

Williams was on pace for 1,000+ yards and 10+ TD after before his injury and scored a TD in each of our 6 first games. He was also the only deep threat/field stretching WR we had and losing him really limited our ability to stretch the field. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Personally:

Really is it that serious you gotta go 10 months back in time to find a specific post Lolol that’s wild man 

DC was ****ted on and called every name in the book, totally disrespected. And all his supporters asked was to get him some weapons to work with and see how he goes, as there were no long term solutions where we picked and in FA. We added a WR in round 1 and signed Agholor on a cheap 1 year deal and he is playing lights out. I can’t wait till we get Edwards back, and he has his full stable of weapons. 

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Really is it that serious you gotta go 10 months back in time to find a specific post Lolol that’s wild man 

Haha......No, but when someone says something that is blatantly untrue and then acuses me of being dishonest I feel it is worthwhile. 😃

Edited by Darbsk