Week 5 GDT: Raiders (2-2) @ Chiefs (4-0)

NYRaider

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

That's true. 

But you can't really punish Carr for that he can only play in the circumstances as they are. That's like saying the Lakers title is diminished because all of the games happened on neutral courts. 

He certainly does but hopefully we'll see more balanced scheduling from the league so we only have to go to KC in the winter every other year as opposed to 6 years in a row. 

Carr has played really well all year and is definitely off to the best start of his career. 

lol... it does and the like MLB, the season should have an asterisk. 

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Look at Morrow. Like your the spy what are u doing man. Worst spy attempt I ever seen. I think this could be the reason why we didn’t see him much in the 2h

I don't think hes a spy as much as he is a delayed Blitzer. He does shoot the wrong gap IMO based on what the DL gave him...

It's a pretty basic technique... the check is to count it out. "1 One-Thousand, 2 One-Thousand, 3 One-Thousand, GO" is the cadence traditionally taught.

7 hours ago, Jerry said:

💯. We have so much talent. The analysts are going to have someone new to talk about every week. Even D. Booker at RB is being mentioned. Agholor is being brought up. Waller was a couple weeks back. Jacobs was talked about week one after he had a better game than McCaffrey. We just have so much depth its crazy. Good thing is Edwards will come back and so will Incognito. We are almost at the pinnacle of our powers!!!! AHHHH!!!

On the year we already have 12 guys with 5+ catches and Carr's 11 TD passes have been to 8 different recievers. 

9 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I don't think hes a spy as much as he is a delayed Blitzer. He does shoot the wrong gap IMO based on what the DL gave him...

It's a pretty basic technique... the check is to count it out. "1 One-Thousand, 2 One-Thousand, 3 One-Thousand, GO" is the cadence traditionally taught.

Hes a spy. Also you can see that Morrow stays still until Mahomes makes his move and Morrow just makes the mistake. 

On 10/12/2020 at 7:37 AM, Frankie2Gunz said:

Do you still want to get rid of Carr?  Do you still believe he is a bum that we should cast off?  

You were one of the most vocal Carr haters on this board.  Are you willing to admit you were completely wrong about him?

Lol I wasn't a Carr hater I said he lost his confidence always said the talent is there, but he played scared, and I'm still not going to go ga ga after 1 good win, because if he takes a couple of hard hits i don't want to see him revert to playing scared plus I'm the one who said he needed a Ruggs, while everyone else wanted Lamb or Juedy.. And prior to the last 2 years I was his biggest fanboy.but he needs consistency the top QB'S put up points game after game, yeah our defense is bad, but I rather if we lose shootouts it's 35, 28 instead of 35,14.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 2:12 PM, NYRaider said:

People also really don't understand that even the elite QB's make their living in the short/intermediate areas with the occasional explosive play. 

On throws 20+ yards down field this season 

Carr - 11/19 (57%), 4 TD, 1 INT

Allen - 10/15 (66%), 2 TD, 1 INT

Mahomes - 6/22 (27%), 3 TD, 1 INT

Problem is last season Carr didn't even have 19, 20+ yard attempts all season. You don't have to connect them all, but attempt some to keep defenses honest.

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Problem is last season Carr didn't even have 19, 20+ yard attempts all season. You don't have to connect them all, but attempt some to keep defenses honest.

It's also easier to take shots down field with guys like Ruggs/Nelly then it is with guys like Renfrow, Roberts, Nelson, and Ateman.

31 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

That's not the offense, though. There is a lot of evidence that Gruden values shorter completions over lower percentage deeper attempts. Even Carr's deep shots on Sunday were to wide open receivers. Ultimately, the offense is predicated on high percentage positive plays every down.

5 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

That's not the offense, though. There is a lot of evidence that Gruden values shorter completions over lower percentage deeper attempts. Even Carr's deep shots on Sunday were to wide open receivers. Ultimately, the offense is predicated on high percentage positive plays every down.

Who were we going to throw deep too in the first two years Gruden was here? Renfrow, Nelson, Roberts, Jones? 

The throw to Ruggs on that 45 yarder he had to catch it off the defenders head and the throw to Agholor for the TD he had to fit in between the CB and S for him to make the play. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Who were we going to throw deep too in the first two years Gruden was here? Renfrow, Nelson, Roberts, Jones? 

The throw to Ruggs on that 45 yarder he had to catch it off the defenders head and the throw to Agholor for the TD he had to fit in between the CB and S for him to make the play. 

Carr is playing well, but his playmakers are giving him the chance to make these throws. A hobbled tyrell williams and renfrow and Zay jones wasn't going to cut it vs KC when Waller was our only real go to guy.

This is not a coincidence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Carr underthrew the first deep throw to Ruggs. Otherwise, Ruggs was relatively very open. I would also argue Agholor was very open on his touchdown as well.

I’m not disparaging Carr—he has been playing great for a season and a quarter. I’m just pointing out the nature of the offense isn’t to challenge defenses vertically. Carr’s main job is to make positive plays, which includes making good reads to find open receivers, and throwing a catchable ball. Carr is among the best in the league in throwing nice soft passes for his receivers to come down with.