2020 NHL Draft Thread | What are the Devils Mukhamadullin?

flyers0909

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

So you're fine with taking a 55-60 point winger at 7?

Yes. A lot of times that is what you are getting. 

2013, #6 was Monahan, Mostly a 50-60 point guy, one season at 80. #9 was Bo Horvat, mostly a 50 point and below guy. 

2014, 6-9 were Virtanen, Nylander, Ehles. Virtanen is a bust, Nylander and Ehlers are largely 50-60 point guys. 

2015 was Zacha and Timo Meier. Zacha is a third liner and Timo has been under 50 points each season but one. The outlier here is Rantanen at 10

2016 was Tkachuk, 70 points per season. 7 and 8 were Keller and the other Nylander; Keller is 50-60 with on 60+. 

2017 is a disaster at that range. 

I Think the expectations are too high. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Not when the board was the way it was. How do you not take Rossi there? It's not guaranteed that Hughes is a centermen. 

I had Rossi rated higher, but I easily could have had Holtz #6 as I said in my rankings. 5'9" centers aren't typically common, and the fact that we have such familiarity with Ottawa and passed on him at least makes me think that they are making an informed decision. It may not be the right one, but they have to at least have a good amount of info 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I had Rossi rated higher, but I easily could have had Holtz #6 as I said in my rankings. 5'9" centers aren't typically common, and the fact that we have such familiarity with Ottawa and passed on him at least makes me think that they are making an informed decision. It may not be the right one, but they have to at least have a good amount of info 

Or...and hear me out...Fitzy wanted to do his own thing and strayed away from taking a 67 because that was a Shero connection. If that's the reasoning, we're dumber than I thought.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Or...and hear me out...Fitzy wanted to do his own thing and strayed away from taking a 67 because that was a Shero connection. If that's the reasoning, we're dumber than I thought.

Eww...wish you hadn't put that thought in my head LOL. That would be horrific lol