2021 NFL Draft Thread

This is legit Haskins shot to sink or swim. He has the tools but eventually you have to know if you keep getting shots and you don’t finally just leave it all out there and play your game then he ain’t it. To me he’s got 3 weeks to see if he can he plays but it has to start today. Really everything that he’s gone through means nothing if he just takes it today. This is his sink or swim 

• Like 1

This selection group is a joke!!! Cincy just got disrespected!!! A&M and Cincy deserves their shots!!! Rerun 5 years ND blown out OSU curb stomped dabo and Savanna same ole rerun honestly if I actually didn’t enjoy scouting I wouldn’t even watch this rerun BS. Then they judge what happened on the field and they acted like Oklahoma didn’t give up two 20 plus leads this format is honestly already old news go back to the single bowls atleast their was parody and interesting matchups!!

25 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

This selection group is a joke!!! Cincy just got disrespected!!! A&M and Cincy deserves their shots!!! Rerun 5 years ND blown out OSU curb stomped dabo and Savanna same ole rerun honestly if I actually didn’t enjoy scouting I wouldn’t even watch this rerun BS. Then they judge what happened on the field and they acted like Oklahoma didn’t give up two 20 plus leads this format is honestly already old news go back to the single bowls atleast their was parody and interesting matchups!!

Can you please explain who got in? I missed it

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Cinci didn't get disrespected, their best game was against #23 Tulsa and they didn't have a statement game.  UCF under Milton two years ago had a better argument, but even then, I wouldn't put them in.  

This is the flaw of a 4 team system.  Multiple teams get left out who deserve a shot.  8 teams would be much better, and cover one worthy G5 option- because there is usually only about one of them each year that would deserve a chance.  I would have all five Power 5 conference champions in the playoffs, and have the committee select two wild cards and a Group of Five representative, and then seed them according to their criteria.  It isn't too big to be cumbersome, but isn't so small that we are getting terrible matchups, or allowing Notre Dame in after they got destroyed.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/smu-mustangs/2020/12/18/you-have-to-keep-fighting-after-questionable-cfp-rankings-aac-making-best-case-yet-for-revamped-playoff-system/

Cincy is yet another reason why I keep saying that the FBS playoffs have been...and continue to be...a joke to me. I understand @Woz argument and I certainly understand such a playoff would lean more heavily to the P5 teams. But to eliminate a team like Cincy from the "4 team" dog and pony show is ridiculous. I'd much rather see a 16 team or 24 team playoff and let the P5 and top G5 teams have at it.

45 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Cinci didn't get disrespected, their best game was against #23 Tulsa and they didn't have a statement game.  UCF under Milton two years ago had a better argument, but even then, I wouldn't put them in.  

This is the flaw of a 4 team system.  Multiple teams get left out who deserve a shot.  8 teams would be much better, and cover one worthy G5 option- because there is usually only about one of them each year that would deserve a chance.  I would have all five Power 5 conference champions in the playoffs, and have the committee select two wild cards and a Group of Five representative, and then seed them according to their criteria.  It isn't too big to be cumbersome, but isn't so small that we are getting terrible matchups, or allowing Notre Dame in after they got destroyed.  

8 is still too small. It's a cute "playoff" to me. Make it 16. There's gotta be more than just 1 or 2 G5 teams that are worthy if people look past the biases and the flaws in the ranking system.

5 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Bama Clemson OSU ND it was so great the first 4 times why not try it again aye?

Notre Dame doesn’t deserve it. I wanted to see Texas A&M vs Bama, but no matter if ND or Tex A&M played Bama, I think both are getting killed. Unlike last year, I don’t think OSU can hang w/ Clemson bc our D is average. It’s going to be Bama vs Clemson in for the Natty & I think Bama takes it all.

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Something has to be done at QB. I hate reaching for a player so I’d be totally fine trading up. They can’t go into next season with Haskins and Allen behind Smith. 

Sure they can. They can take the approach to continue to build the team up first and then if neither Haskins or K. Allen make major jumps next year then, in the 2022 draft take a Qb in round 1.

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Sure they can. They can take the approach to continue to build the team up first and then if neither Haskins or K. Allen make major jumps next year then, in the 2022 draft take a Qb in round 1.

Well the reason I include Haskins in a lot of this stuff is because they have zero confidence in him. I hate when a coaching staff had a guy they don’t want and have no intentions of developing sitting around taking up a roster spot. Draft a QB and move Haskins for whatever you can get. He’ll never see the field again once Allen is healthy anyway. 

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Well the reason I include Haskins in a lot of this stuff is because they have zero confidence in him. I hate when a coaching staff had a guy they don’t want and have no intentions of developing sitting around taking up a roster spot. Draft a QB and move Haskins for whatever you can get. He’ll never see the field again once Allen is healthy anyway. 

Probably true. Regardless I just want the BPA when we draft, I don’t want to force a QB this year bc I don’t think we are just a QB away from being a 10 or 11 win team. If we had Alex before his broken leg and we’re a 10 win team or Kirk here still and had a #2 WR, Trent still & better LBs, then I’d want to take one of the QBs to develop behind Alex for a year or two before they’d take over but we have so many needs that going BPA makes most sense to me.

We can trade up for a QB next year like the Eagles & Rams did when they felt that had good talent around the QB but they were missing the franchise QB. I think the Jets & Jags will still be two of the worst teams in the league next year and they’ll probably be looking to trade down bc they won’t be taking a QB.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

8 is still too small. It's a cute "playoff" to me. Make it 16. There's gotta be more than just 1 or 2 G5 teams that are worthy if people look past the biases and the flaws in the ranking system.

We’ve seen these playoffs before again and again and agian and we’re about to watch the same thing again. Bama.vs.clemson final. Idk it’s on def ears to people that don’t watch the other teams and actually see them compete. On any night a team can get the bounce and the tips and the calls. No They probably don’t beat bama. But atleast you get to grade their DB’s against that class or WR. We watched what ND and we all know what OSU had for Clemson with the 2nd pick in the draft last year so what do they have this year on Luke warm? If they won’t let them play with them then what are they actually playing for? Because it’s disrespectful to put Oklahoma over Cincy at the 6 much less ND at 4 over A&M and Cincy. 

You say no signature wins when it comes to a lesser term but when clemson ran through their cupcake schedule you say oh that’s what their supposed to do? Cincy bear who they beat and honestly I didn’t think they would beat that Tulsa defense which is a good defense. The ND Clemson game should have been a playoff!!! If Clemson lost they didn’t deserve it. Thai I’m with you. It’s a lesser product!!! And these smaller schools have better coaches then years past then they get bought up by the big time programs. 

• Like 1