One Hit Wonder QBs

ronjon1990

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Lol. Like I thought. More lies and stupid responses. I know the Cowboys are trash. I have been saying it for 3 weeks. I havent been hyping them at all.

Get back at me when you can respond with a single intelligent thought. Just *1* logical, thought out, factual sentence would do. 

Dak is trash. There’s your intelligent response. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

You counting that 22 td 22 int year that's a lot of picks. Idk where all those extra years are coming from. Pfr shows two stat wise think he's a bit overrated for replacing warner.

He had good full years in '04 and '06, a couple of great half-seasons in '02 and '05, and then in '03 he was really good in about half the games.

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Mark Bulger only had one or two decent years.

Pro bowl MVP. He died because of injuries and bad bad management of talent. Dude was so freaking good. Dude could throw a dime! The timing he had with Martz was god like. Let me give you a snippet of how bad it was! Dude was a warrior. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/bulger-never-got-the-credit-he-deserved/article_b66d08fa-d003-5c3b-8aa2-c88ad36ce6b7.amp.html

Every Sunday, I used to watch this guy after games drag his body back to his locker stall. A few years ago, I saw him with his shirt off after one particular game, and I swear there was the most hideous purple and reddish contusion on his back the likes of which I'd never seen in an NFL locker room. Bulger was a poster boy for the darker side of the game, and he accepted this with little or no complaint.

dude was talented as heck. 

3 hours ago, DannyB said:

Yeah that's a pretty rough definition of a "hit". Oof.

Did he not turn minimal success into a massive contract? He went 5-2 as a starter that year and got a massive contract like stated in the original post and is a poster child for this thread I don't know what else you want me to tell you

2 hours ago, RBreezy said:

McNabb was a pretty damn good player, definitely not a one-hit wonder.

Yeah the McNabb hate is unreal. Sure he may have never won the big game, threw up in superbowl, threw at wrs feet.

But you won't find many QBs that did more with less in that era. To call him a one hit wonder is a joke tbh. James thrash freddie mitchell woof. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I thought he look good they don't win the super bowl without him playing decent. He did get a 72 million dollar contract. I get the Texans were desperate but still.

Well he fits the bill in this sense: Small sample size parlayed into an undeserved contract.

But I wouldn't call his season a hit at ALL. He looked like crap, the one-armed corpse of Peyton Manning took back over for the stretch run, and most everybody laughed at the ridiculous contract the Texans gave him (the Houston operation that has been laughed at MANY times over the years). Plus he didn't remotely sniff that 72 million.

But again, small sample size leading to a nice contract (even if it was short lived and chopped off before full value was reached)? Yup he'd fit that.

• Like 1