Jump to content
JetsandI

Joe Douglas' Appreciation Thread

Recommended Posts

Really tired of negative craps about Jets.  Try to find or share something good for real.

So far I see

👉 JD managed to trade Jamal Adams among 2020's 4th round pick away for 2 1st round picks and 3rd round pick in total of next 2 drafts.

👉 JD may find a gem via the waiver in John Franklin-Myers who has been top defender for Jets.

Edited by JetsandI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JD knew this roster was going to need a lot of work, hence the demand for 6 years.

The good news is the amount of capital we have moving forward. I really am hopeful this rebuild will be relatively short given the product we see on the field this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we get the #1 pick I hope we flip it to Jacksonville for a haul and have  three 1sts in the draft .....

As long as we have a legitimate team around Sam going into 2021....otherwise flip Sam for an early 2nd.

TBH I know the line hasn't been amazing, but I think they look competent and Im grateful for that. Ill credit JD for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I appreciate so far is that his sample size is too small to say he’s bad. But I’m suspect. What looked to be a good draft class, isn’t performing like we thought. Either bc of health or just down on the depth chart (his fault for some of that). But it takes more than a few games obviously to evaluate a draft class. So I hope he did good in his 1st draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will sing his praises if he manages to walk the tightrope of canning Gase:

  1. Early enough that we still manage to win a game and avoid 0-16
  2. Late enough that we get Trevor Lawrence

And then in the offseason he gets some receivers and the first damn pass rusher we'd had since Abraham.

Also get rid of Gregggggg

 

That's not too much to ask, is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

When we get the #1 pick I hope we flip it to Jacksonville for a haul and have  three 1sts in the draft .....

As long as we have a legitimate team around Sam going into 2021....otherwise flip Sam for an early 2nd.

TBH I know the line hasn't been amazing, but I think they look competent and Im grateful for that. Ill credit JD for that. 

When the Jets get the number 1 pick they take Trevor Lawrence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Really tired of negative craps about Jets.  Try to find or share something good for real.

So far I see

👉 JD managed to trade Jamal Adams among 2020's 4th round pick away for 2 1st round picks and 3rd round pick in total of next 2 drafts.

👉 JD may find a gem via the waiver in John Franklin-Myers who has been top defender for Jets.

What you say about JD is true we all agree about that but I understand why people are so negative about the Jets. We are the worst team in the NFL and we are losing games by large margins.  Like somebody said early this morning who are you excited to see play on the Jets. To show you how bad it is the only time I get excited is when our new punter  comes in the game and make a good  kick after we went three and out.

Edited by doumeyer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, TheChad said:

I will sing his praises if he manages to walk the tightrope of canning Gase:

  1. Early enough that we still manage to win a game and avoid 0-16
  2. Late enough that we get Trevor Lawrence

And then in the offseason he gets some receivers and the first damn pass rusher we'd had since Abraham.

Also get rid of Gregggggg

 

That's not too much to ask, is it?

JD does not have the authority to fire Gase or any of the coaches.  That is on Chrissy.  Why does everyone forget that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, xrade said:

JD does not have the authority to fire Gase or any of the coaches.  That is on Chrissy.  Why does everyone forget that?

You are probably right, I really wonder how involved the trust fun kids are with the every day operation of the Jets. I know they are not like Jerry Jones. of the cowboys. I am not sure we don't want that either. When I say to day operation I don't mean who to play and when I mean looking for outside talent either thru the draft of a FA pick up  ,just helping the GM.

Edited by doumeyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JD had better be in the playoffs by the end of year 3 or the fan base and media will be all over him. You have to take Trevor Lawrence if you have the number 1 pick. This guy has been the top college QB for years and the best prospect since Andrew Luck. Then pair him with a good young mind of the O. I really hope we don't fall in the trap of trading the pick away unless it is crazy like 4 1st round picks or something like that. No way would I move it for 2 first round picks and picks after. I saw T Law play last weekend and he looked really good. He make some very strong throws and was on target a lot. He has it all but one thing. The green Jet jersey on him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

This thread should get locked. Guy is a fraud lol. 

You really can't be mad that he let Bell walk. What was Bell going to do? How many games was he going to win for us? Nothing, zero. We suck and Bell isn't changing that. Might as well let him revive his career instead of having him die a slow death on the Jets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...