NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

Everyone seems to be sleeping on Duke this year, in most early polls I've seen us ranked around #10. 

G - Jeremy Roach

G - Trevor Keels

F - AJ Griffin Jr

F - Paolo Banchero

F - Mark Williams

There will not be 10 teams in the country better than that group. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Everyone seems to be sleeping on Duke this year, in most early polls I've seen us ranked around #10. 

G - Jeremy Roach

G - Trevor Keels

F - AJ Griffin Jr

F - Paolo Banchero

F - Mark Williams

There will not be 10 teams in the country better than that group. 

agreed.  i really like their roster this year.   i think they are going to have a real good year in coach k's last season.  i wouldnt be shocked if they send coach k off good with a national title. 

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

agreed.  i really like their roster this year.   i think they are going to have a real good year in coach k's last season.  i wouldnt be shocked if they send coach k off good with a national title. 

I think Jeremy Roach and Mark Williams are both going to make major leaps in their sophomore seasons. Williams flashed towards the end of the year and should be a first round pick this year. And Roach had an okay freshman year but he was still recovering from his torn ACL. Not to mention we have Banchero who should be the #1 pick, Griffin who will be a top 10 pick, and Keels who will be a first round pick as well. We're going to be very good. 

• Like 1

I think people are majorly sleeping on Baylor. Yes we lost 2 All Americans, a 3rd All American caliber guard, and an elite defensive role player glue guy, but we are still very loaded.

Akinjo - Cryer

Flagler - Love

Mayer - Turner

K. Brown - Sochan - Loveday

Tchamwa Tchatchoua - Thamba - Dainja

Thia doesn’t even include Dale Bonner, another insanely under-the-radar transfer guard who is “redshirting” this year but can step in a nice role if needed.

That is a top 10 team in the nation and top 2 contender for B12 title alongside Kansas. People are going to see that Adam Flagler is on the college level of Mitchell/Butler/Teague.

Mayer is going to make a leap into a potential 1st round pick.

Akinjo is going to be a monster in this system and should be an All Conference lock. Cryer is the all time leading scorer in Houston high school history. Expecting big things from him.

Kendall Brown, a 5star, should be a difference making athlete/defender and will start. Jeremy Sochan was an underrated recruit due to playing overseas (lower ranking than he should have gotten). In 2023 he’ll be a STUD.

And then JTT should start at center and is already getting rave reviews for taking a huge leap this off-season.

And all that transitions into adding the top guard in the country the following year in Keyonte George and then another 4* guard in Dillon Hunter.

Right now we have 6 or 7 crystal balls for another 5* player, 7 foot Vincent Iwuchukwu.

The future is insanely bright for this program and I think it’s the best culture program in the nation. One of the top development programs as well.

2 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

I think people are majorly sleeping on Baylor. Yes we lost 2 All Americans, a 3rd All American caliber guard, and an elite defensive role player glue guy, but we are still very loaded.

Akinjo - Cryer

Flagler - Love

Mayer - Turner

K. Brown - Sochan - Loveday

Tchamwa Tchatchoua - Thamba - Dainja

Thia doesn’t even include Dale Bonner, another insanely under-the-radar transfer guard who is “redshirting” this year but can step in a nice role if needed.

That is a top 10 team in the nation and top 2 contender for B12 title alongside Kansas. People are going to see that Adam Flagler is on the college level of Mitchell/Butler/Teague.

Mayer is going to make a leap into a potential 1st round pick.

Akinjo is going to be a monster in this system and should be an All Conference lock. Cryer is the all time leading scorer in Houston high school history. Expecting big things from him.

Kendall Brown, a 5star, should be a difference making athlete/defender and will start. Jeremy Sochan was an underrated recruit due to playing overseas (lower ranking than he should have gotten). In 2023 he’ll be a STUD.

And then JTT should start at center and is already getting rave reviews for taking a huge leap this off-season.

And all that transitions into adding the top guard in the country the following year in Keyonte George and then another 4* guard in Dillon Hunter.

Right now we have 6 or 7 crystal balls for another 5* player, 7 foot Vincent Iwuchukwu.

The future is insanely bright for this program and I think it’s the best culture program in the nation. One of the top development programs as well.

baylor will get championship hangover but they will still be a good team. 

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

baylor will get championship hangover but they will still be a good team. 

I’m not predicting a title, though I think we definitely will be that caliber. But I am expecting an Elite 8 with whatever possibility moving past that. I wish Vital had stayed for an 8th year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Baylor is definitely a good program but the best culture program and one of the best development programs in the country? You've had 2 1st round picks in like a decade and 5 players in the NBA. 

8 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

LOL

Memphis projected starting 5:

Bates (6'9" 200) - Quinones (6'5" 205) - Nolley (6'7" 215) - Williams (6'9" 200) - Duren (6'10" 230)

Houston projected starting 5

Sausser (6'1" 190) - Mark (6'5" 180) - Edwards (6'4" 195) - White Jr (6'8" 225) - Chaney (6'8" 225) 

Edited by NYRaider

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Memphis projected starting 5:

Bates (6'9" 200) - Quinones (6'5" 205) - Nolley (6'7" 215) - Williams (6'9" 200) - Duren (6'10" 230)

Houston projected starting 5

Sausser (6'1" 190) - Mark (6'5" 180) - Edwards (6'4" 195) - White Jr (6'8" 225) - Chaney (6'8" 225) 

thats that supposed to prove?

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

thats that supposed to prove?

Memphis team is huge and full of NBA athletes, Houston's roster isn't. 

Nolley averaged 13.1 ppg, Williams averaged 11.7 ppg, and Quinones averaged 9.5 ppg last season. Bates and Duren could be the two best players in college basketball next year. 

Sasser averaged 13.7 ppg, Mark averaged 8 ppg, Edwards averaged 10 ppg at Tech, White averaged 6.3 ppg, and Chaney averaged 4.6 ppg.