Make A Movie Game: The Game

MacReady

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

@The Orca, with the highest box office return and highest rating for the first movie, you get to choose the next project based on one of these existing properties:

1.Predator
2. Terminator
3. Alien
4. Nightmare on Elm Street
5. Highlander
6. Cabin in the Woods

:NOTE:

Anybody will be able to take part in this game.  There will be a period of time where I will allow anyone who wants to sign up a chance to sign up.  After the reward challenge has been completed, anyone who wants to submit after that point will HAVE to go with the last place handicap on the next project. 

ALSO, I recommend all of you shorten your synopses a little bit in order to encourage more reading, but this is not mandatory. 

whats the rest of the draft order

Alright, so here’s how the handicaps will go:

First place finishers in the challenge will be able to make a prequel, sequel or a movie that takes place at the same time.

Middle finishers will have to make a prequel.

Given the ending of the first one, last place finishers will have to make a sequel that takes place after the events of the first movie.

42 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Alright, so here’s how the handicaps will go:

Given the ending of the first one, last place finishers will have to make a sequel that takes place after the events of the first movie.

So if I am understanding correctly, for example if Terminator is picked, I would have to create a movie in between the events of T1 and T2? Or Alien and Aliens? Seems tough.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

So if I am understanding correctly, for example if Terminator is picked, I would have to create a movie in between the events of T1 and T2? Or Alien and Aliens? Seems tough.

58 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

@Outpost31, are we all working off of Cabin in the Woods or just Orca? I think that was unclear. 

When are we starting the challenge?

We are all doing Cabin in the Woods.

Orca got to pick what everyone did.

I’ll give a bit for people to officially sign up for the reward challenge.

Alright, sorry everyone.  Was busier at work tonight than I thought I would be. 

This next project is Cabin in the Woods.  The existing movie, not a general prompt of Cabin in the Woods.  It should follow the rules outlined in that movie, or else be a remake of that movie in which you make your own rules. 

I may or may not post my idea along with the rest of yours. 

Someone go ahead and tag everyone who had shown interest in this.  This round will be a little bit different.  Since it's an existing franchise, we won't have a reward challenge for this one.  Anyone can take part, even if they haven't done any yet.  We will just keep a running score of everyone's average rating.  The winner of the most recent project gets to pick the next project (maybe whatever they want, maybe from a list).

The scoring on this one will be different.  Here's how it will work:

If a player/team makes a sequel, their average score gets multiplied by 1.05.  So if their average score was a 6.0, since they made a sequel, their average score would be a 6.3.

I'm giving the advantage to a sequel since Cabin in the Woods' director specifically stated there should be no sequel, and if you've seen the movie you know why. 

A prequel is a standard 1.0 multiplier.  Your average score is your average score. 

A remake gives you a 1.03 multiplier since Cabin in the Woods should never be remade and it's nearly flawless already. 

DEADLINE IS MONDAY DECEMBER 21ST. 

I will post the movies then, and we will let the ratings go for about a week before the results are finalized.

@JoshstraDaymus,

@Deadpulse, @The Orca, @Pickle Rick, @Malfatron, @Dome, @rackcs, @jasonwbantle, @MikeT14, @Daboyle

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...