Idiocracy Mafia, Powered by Brawndo: Town lived up to the name, Mafia won.

Matts4313

Just now, Daniel said:

Voting for myself was more because pushing the it's either Malf or MWil, we can't go wrong with one of them thing wasn't working.  I knew we had a 50/50 shot with one of you two, and was kinda just hoping the coin flip landed in town's favor, but I got tired of arguing and Malf gave me footballs.  Shrug.

I was very much begging for a Malf vs. Me showdown and even begged @The Orca and/or @squire12 to vote me/lock their vote on me and see my flip for hours though. I felt like the last sane person on the planet the last 48 hours personally. I'm not saying that I played things perfectly, but it's frustrating to know Malf's meta, know that he was memeing, call about every shot down to the last detail (and then to have them kill Hockey just to prove me wrong/go off script was a 10/10 on the funny factor for me), and then still lose, was frustrating and comical. 

Just now, Daniel said:

I just think it's bullcrap that the first time I get through a game, as town, without being killed early, I have an autorevive.

LOL

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MWil23 said:
1 hour ago, squire12 said:

@MWil23

you played well. Couple things that gave me serious pause

1.  Slow playing while visited pickle until after bcb claimed to and when everyone had claimed you then admitted only 1 player did.  You lost some credibility in that your willingness to run a gambit on something like this was very much in play then.

I would argue that I didn't run a gambit. I held on to the last minute on "just one" visitor and left it open, which you admittedly at the time said was fair/you understood. IMO in past games I've been burned by coming out "too willingly" with information as a watcher or tracker. Based upon reactions, it became fairly clear that Malfatron, who had already looked scummy, seemed very eager to see who visited, and couldn't make up his mind whether or not to bus BCB/get himself bussed instead to help try to "clear" BCB

I know now you were not running a gambit.   At the time, I have to weigh your prior history of doing so both as town and scum.  I get the delicate process of divulging information.  Again, from my view, the longer you waited, the less credible your results became.  hence my vote for Buff over bcb.

2.  Locking your vote did not signify you being town.  Town should "never" self vote.  See forge from Magic the Gathering at the final 3.

That's fair. I'd say that I was trying to signal to everyone that I wanted to see my flip and that would also clear Daniel/my read of Daniel, thereby feeding you Malfatron D1.

3.  The watch of pickle n3 vs swoosh or nacho was a hard question that I couldn't reconcile.  Your answer was essentially... I got it right. Which from my view goes back to #1

I gave @Matts4313 my word as a replacement that I wouldn't use prior knowledge on MWil 1.0 or out information to anyone. MWil 1.0 was the EVEN NIGHT vigilante, so I thought that I could either nail Counselor/Pickle 2.0 as scum, or more likely, see if I could see scum try to tamper with that vigilante hit. It worked...but then I couldn't say WHY I had a strong suspicion that he was the odd night vigilante and telling the truth. That was difficult.

You left open the idea of someone else visiting the odd night vig.  It was an odd choice over nacho or swoosh who had other roles that could catch scum.  The protector should have gone for nacho or swoosh, so the high likelihood of that player visiting would be scum, yet your initial presentation left open the idea of it being not alignment indicative.

I thought I deserved the benefit of the doubt since I was right and my voting pattern/push of Josh (and vote on him almost immediately) warranted we at least checked out BCB and Malf, but I guess I didn't do a good enough job convincing people.

15 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I know now you were not running a gambit.   At the time, I have to weigh your prior history of doing so both as town and scum.  I get the delicate process of divulging information.  Again, from my view, the longer you waited, the less credible your results became.  hence my vote for Buff over bcb.

I tried to be subtle and tell you by liking your post that asked me to confirm whether or not this was true, but I can see that I probably should have played it differently. I'm more or less trying to clean up some sloppy aspects of my "Mafia game" if you will, but as I pointed out to Orca earlier, past gameplay and credibility can and should carry over to other games.

16 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You left open the idea of someone else visiting the odd night vig.  It was an odd choice over nacho or swoosh who had other roles that could catch scum.  The protector should have gone for nacho or swoosh, so the high likelihood of that player visiting would be scum, yet your initial presentation left open the idea of it being not alignment indicative.

I was hoping that BCB or Malf would run with this and try to play it as "multiple town" so that I could have a "gotcha" moment later on...and even said as the day went that it had to be one of BCB/Malf the day Buff was the vote, and that it was likely a scum on scum interaction between those two.

Oh well. I should have potentially played that a little more obviously.

I will say this:

I decided not to lie because I felt as though it was going to make it worse, but I was tempted after N5 when BCB killed Pickle to say that @Malfatron lied about visiting BCB and that I had watched BCB, but I figured that had major blowup potential.

I was so frustrated that I felt like the only way to beat a liar was to become one...but I played it straight up instead.

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I tried to be subtle and tell you by liking your post that asked me to confirm whether or not this was true, but I can see that I probably should have played it differently. I'm more or less trying to clean up some sloppy aspects of my "Mafia game" if you will, but as I pointed out to Orca earlier, past gameplay and credibility can and should carry over to other games.

I was hoping that BCB or Malf would run with this and try to play it as "multiple town" so that I could have a "gotcha" moment later on...and even said as the day went that it had to be one of BCB/Malf the day Buff was the vote, and that it was likely a scum on scum interaction between those two.

Oh well. I should have potentially played that a little more obviously.

I will say this:

I decided not to lie because I felt as though it was going to make it worse, but I was tempted after N5 when BCB killed Pickle to say that @Malfatron lied about visiting BCB and that I had watched BCB, but I figured that had major blowup potential.

I was so frustrated that I felt like the only way to beat a liar was to become one...but I played it straight up instead.

You played well.  It gets hard from the outside to make a decision on whether someone is running a gambit or not, and moreso when that is part of their general game play.  You should not change for that reason alone, but understand how others have to weigh that into the process.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You played well.  It gets hard from the outside to make a decision on whether someone is running a gambit or not, and moreso when that is part of their general game play.  You should not change for that reason alone, but understand how others have to weigh that into the process.

A few things:

1. I agree with what you said yesterday on your summary: Endgame is fun! :)

2. I appreciate the compliment(s)

3. I always appreciate the constructive criticism and postgame feedback from you and others. It gives me an opportunity to get into the rationale and insight into the minds and thought process(es) of others, and I've done my best to use it to refine my game and understand things from a new perspective, so thanks for indulging me here!

Here was a post to Orca last night

Malf

Scummy from an early part of the game. Stealing $$ from players to give to other players.  Not sure how to read that.  could be a red herring role that most would think is scummy.  Same with the role cop that Buff had.  He did apparently try to get money from bcb.  bcb said malf took it, malf said he did not.  No way of knowing.  He sent money to Swag who later gets hit, so that is a bit of a null tell

Mwil

the slow play on the watch of Pickle looks bad.  Would he and bcb make the long play to have the teammate watch who visited the vig so they could set up a showdown for the vote a few days later?  That makes very little sense to me.  Hey thread, I saw my teammate visit the vig on N3.  Then when a 2nd hit happens, it puts the spot light on that teammate.  makes no sense.  there would have been no reason for bcb to admit he visited pickle.  Mwil could have just passed it off as someone that died the next phase was the visitor and it gets washed away.  

Daniel

I can''t get around how he stated he pushed for Josh on D1 which was pure BS.  Even when he did vote out Josh, it was really not very compelling.   His insistence on being a highly cleared town reeks of someone that is trying too hard to get cleared for ulterior reasons..... indy.   Coupled with the day vig and now bulletbroof part makes me think he is not town.

At this point, I had pretty much ruled Mwil out as being mafia.  It came down to Malf or Daniel.  Both had issues.  I chose wrong.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SwAg said:

Replacements from within the game, and Nacho, killed the game.

If not for the first thing, I would've easily chosen to revive Mwil. I suppose I could've chosen to take the Time Machine (would that be the option you would've taken?) to my grave but I don't think it would've changed much of the outcome considering apparently no one else was interested in lynching Malf.

30 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

If not for the first thing, I would've easily chosen to revive Mwil. I suppose I could've chosen to take the Time Machine (would that be the option you would've taken?) to my grave but I don't think it would've changed much of the outcome considering apparently no one else was interested in lynching Malf.

MWil would have been just as bad.

Reviving Woz was the obvious move, and you're dumb for not doing it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

except the 4 town players that voted Malf on D2

On 11/4/2020 at 9:51 PM, Matts4313 said:

Orca - 8 - TKN, Counselor, BBB, Daboyle, Swag, Malf, Josh, BCB

Malf - 4 -  Hockey, Swoosh, squire, Orca

BBB - 1 - Mwil

~10 mins

• Like 1