Trade Deadline

howru8888

5 hours ago, howru8888 said:

Any rumors for the Bears?

Ty only wears thong underwear everywhere he goes that is swallowed up by his behind.

What would you like to see them do?

Nagy to give up play-calling, Coward benched, Kmet to more involved in the pass game, and Ridley to get more snaps on offense over Ginn.

What do you think they will do?

Not much they can do this year with the deadline looming. And even then, deadline players are generally much more expensive so who's available that would be worth giving up ransom for? 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

I’d love for them to try and find some OL help right now.  Doesn’t matter who the QB is with this OL.  But idk what OL would be available at a reasonable price that would be worth it.

I do feel that this deadline will be more active than in past years.  There’s already been a handful of trades when it’s usually pretty quiet at the deadline.

That being said, I’m 99.9% confident that the Bears will stand pat and not make any moves.  

I'd like

OL help and John Ross-WR if we're going to be active in FA.....

I expect us to do nothing.

Beyond that, I mostly just want this team to actually decide what the hell it is....

Trying to compete, and NOT making the above moves is kind of a halfway approach, which just makes us fail and have a garbage draft pick.
Either embrace the tank or embrace the push to win.  Right now we're doing both and it's just moronic.

10 minutes ago, Epyon said:

I'd like

OL help and John Ross-WR if we're going to be active in FA.....

I expect us to do nothing.

Beyond that, I mostly just want this team to actually decide what the hell it is....

Trying to compete, and NOT making the above moves is kind of a halfway approach, which just makes us fail and have a garbage draft pick.
Either embrace the tank or embrace the push to win.  Right now we're doing both and it's just moronic.

I’d offer a 7th for John Ross and see what they say.  Replace Ginn with him.  What’s the risk?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, howru8888 said:

Any rumors for the Bears? What would you like to see them do? What do you think they will do?

The latest rumor of Nagy is that when he pees the sound of it hitting the urinal is feminine.

Realistically I'd like to see Miller traded off for an OL and wave Tru in front of DAL for a pick or OL. Clearly not getting anyone great but better than Coward can't be THAT hard to find. As said above a 7th for Ross would be an easy trade I'd agree too. He isn't going to be a major deep threat since neither of our QBs can throw over 15 yards but he has the speed to outrun people after a short catch.

Unrealistically I'd like to trade for the rights to Andrew Luck's contract and offer him a Mahomes-like deal to come out of retirement.

I think the Bears brass is content with 5-2 and stands pat though.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Unrealistically I'd like to trade for the rights to Andrew Luck's contract and offer him a Mahomes-like deal to come out of retirement.

I know the Bears wouldn’t be innovative enough to do this, but I wonder if this will ever come up. I would Not be shocked to see him get the itch to come back to football.  I’m curious if the Colts would even entertain trading his rights to anyone and what it would cost.  Their QB situation isn’t great either, so i don’t see why they’d give him up if there’s even a .0001% chance of him ever coming back.

5 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I know the Bears wouldn’t be innovative enough to do this, but I wonder if this will ever come up. I would Not be shocked to see him get the itch to come back to football.  I’m curious if the Colts would even entertain trading his rights to anyone and what it would cost.  Their QB situation isn’t great either, so i don’t see why they’d give him up if there’s even a .0001% chance of him ever coming back.

He's not under contract, a personal call would be totally fine. If he says he would be interested I'd wave this year's 1st and 2022's 1st bye-bye for him, of course pending on him coming out of retirement.

They'll say no, much like how the Lions won't trade Calvin Johnson or Barry Sanders' rights either.

12 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

True.  We did get a Hambright this year in the 7th.  We could be missing out on someone like Jeremiah Swampdonkey (CB, Devry University) this year.  Good point.

Good Lord I wish that was a real name.

I'd trade to snag the Mr Irrelevant pick pick JUST for that.

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

He's not under contract, a personal call would be totally fine. If he says he would be interested I'd wave this year's 1st and 2022's 1st bye-bye for him, of course pending on him coming out of retirement.

They'll say no, much like how the Lions won't trade Calvin Johnson or Barry Sanders' rights either.

Don’t the Colts still have rights to him until the end of next year?  Im not too sure how retired contracts work.

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Good Lord I wish that was a real name.

I'd trade to snag the Mr Irrelevant pick pick JUST for that.

It may very well be someone’s name, somewhere.  Honestly, if I were a GM, when it came to the 7th round, the funniest name would get drafted. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

Don’t the Colts still have rights to him until the end of next year?  Im not too sure how retired contracts work.

So it there is 4 years left on the deal they remain in control for 4 years permanently, or at least until they come out of retirement. That still is in play, so if Barry Sanders came out of retirement since he had 4 years left when he retired he would still have 4 years left right now. I doubt the values go up, it would likely just resume with the contracted cap hits.

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

So it there is 4 years left on the deal they remain in control for 4 years permanently, or at least until they come out of retirement. That still is in play, so if Barry Sanders came out of retirement since he had 4 years left when he retired he would still have 4 years left right now. I doubt the values go up, it would likely just resume with the contracted cap hits.

So then the Bears, or whomever, can contact Luck directly to try and convince him to unretire and it wouldn’t be tampering.  However, they would simultaneously have to negotiate a trade with Indy to release the contract to them.  Am i tracking?