Jets looking to trade DT Quinnen WIlliams

RaidersAreOne

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Man I loved Hyder. He’s been pretty much the only good defensive player since Zack Thomas to come out of TTU. I was excited when we got him. But we had a stacked dline then and he couldn’t cut it. Big mistake by us.

I liked him too, he showed plenty of potential with us.  He also played well in Detroit, I wonder why he's bounced around.

9 hours ago, Greene N White said:

Doesn’t he lead all defensive tackles in run stops?

Maybe, but he's not dominating opposing OLs.

9 hours ago, Greene N White said:

I’m just saying he is one of the few bright spots of this team and is in his second season. Why would we want to trade one of our only young stars

I'm agreeing he's a bright spot but we are about to have a huge reset and what could be a historic turning point for this franchise.  I am totally ok with landing a 1st round pick to land a top tier WR who will have a much bigger impact than Q, or even grab the best OG/C in the draft to bolster the interior OL to protect our QB.  If we don't want to leave the defense out to dry it gives us a 1st rounder to grab a top EDGE rusher.

We did it with Adams and he has done wayyyy more than Q.  So I don't see why we can't at least have the conversation.

6 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I'm agreeing he's a bright spot but we are about to have a huge reset and what could be a historic turning point for this franchise.  I am totally ok with landing a 1st round pick to land a top tier WR who will have a much bigger impact than Q, or even grab the best OG/C in the draft to bolster the interior OL to protect our QB.  If we don't want to leave the defense out to dry it gives us a 1st rounder to grab a top EDGE rusher.

We did it with Adams and he has done wayyyy more than Q.  So I don't see why we can't at least have the conversation.

Why trade a first round pick who’s actually good and literally in his 3rd season for an unproven talent that’s a potential bust? We have a good thing here he’s a good player trading him is NOT the move.

6 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

A top tier WR in the first round only has potential to be good.  There are a lot of bust WR selected round 1, heck we have one on our team (Perriman).  There have also been an equal number of bust EDGE rushers in the first round.  In fact, I believe the bust rate on 1st round pass rushers was about 50%( I read that somewhere).  Have we all forgotten Gholston?

I would prefer we keep the good, young player regardless of his impact on the game due to the position he plays.  It is also not a good look to trade away a good young player just to acquire a draft pick.  Some are already concerned Lawrence does not want to be here, trading Q won't help in that arena.  We can acquire draft picks by purging the roster of older players and players who are a locker room headache and not worth the aggravation.

31 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Why trade a first round pick who’s actually good and literally in his 3rd season for an unproven talent that’s a potential bust? We have a good thing here he’s a good player trading him is NOT the move.

LOL we just traded our All Pro leader for an unproven talent that's a potential bust.  Why is Q different? Because he doesn't go on social media?

29 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Some of your opinions are just so off. Yeah every time we get a good young player let’s trade them and make this a never ending cycle.

Not sure if this is directed at me or in general but I am probably 1 of 3 people on the site who was begging to keep Adams and get rid of Gase at all costs.  We NEVER take care of our guys and just let a potential HOF Safety out the door, with half the reason because he's a safety.

However, because we have hit rock bottom and need a huge reset and a huge influx in talent on offense because we are such a joke, that's why I'm fine with trading Q IF we get a 1st.  Not trading him away just for the sake of making a trade.  I value Edge and WR and heck maybe even interior OL over DT.  And I won't be upset when we keep him either.  But we also need to pump the brakes, he's not a top 10 DT in the NFL yet like some are hyping him up as.

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Not sure if this is directed at me or in general but I am probably 1 of 3 people on the site who was begging to keep Adams and get rid of Gase at all costs.  We NEVER take care of our guys and just let a potential HOF Safety out the door, with half the reason because he's a safety.

However, because we have hit rock bottom and need a huge reset and a huge influx in talent on offense because we are such a joke, that's why I'm fine with trading Q IF we get a 1st.  Not trading him away just for the sake of making a trade.  I value Edge and WR and heck maybe even interior OL over DT.  And I won't be upset when we keep him either.  But we also need to pump the brakes, he's not a top 10 DT in the NFL yet like some are hyping him up as.

Not directed specifically at you. I’m saying we have a 22 year old star in the making and we’re gonna trade him for what? Another 22 year old player who may or may not be a bust.

2 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Not directed specifically at you. I’m saying we have a 22 year old star in the making and we’re gonna trade him for what? Another 22 year old player who may or may not be a bust.

This is my issue.  Q has shown a few flashes but he has not dominated games. Let's all pump the brakes.  Kerry Hyder is looking as good as Q.

Jamal was an actual star and everyone wanted him out of here.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

This is my issue.  Q has shown a few flashes but he has not dominated games. Let's all pump the brakes.  Kerry Hyder is looking as good as Q.

Jamal was an actual star and everyone wanted him out of here.

I don’t want to get in the middle of this spirited discussion, but I can’t help myself. JA wanted to go. Yes, it would have been awesome to dump gase and keep JA, but there is not a team in the league that would open that can of worms.

JA did all he could to get traded and it succeeded, conversely, JD did a great job getting the haul for him.  I, along with many others, did not want to see this major distraction continue lest it create even more discord in the locker room. Ask yourself, how missed was JA in the Jets locker room?  I did not hear about too many coming to his defense 

Q is a different case. Q is playing well at a position that does not put up the gaudy stats and comparing him to Donald is a bit unfair.  Very few iDL have that kind of impact. Off the top of my head, Sapp and what’s his face from Minny 20 years ago are the only I can think of.  Q quietly does his job and so far, he is getting better. Add an EDGE with Q and JFM, and we may actually have a really strong front 4. You build off that not dismiss it.  I like the idea of having a front 4 that can get pressure without the need to blitz. Ask Brady when he played the Giants in the SB what he thinks. Pressure up the middle is very disturbing to a QB.  I understand several on this site don’t feel Q was worthy of the #3 pick. That may be true, I for one wanted Allen, but you can’t blame Q for that. In the end he is a good FB player on a team that lacks those. Keep Q and build around him. Blame Mac if  you must.

2 hours ago, xrade said:

I don’t want to get in the middle of this spirited discussion, but I can’t help myself. JA wanted to go. Yes, it would have been awesome to dump gase and keep JA, but there is not a team in the league that would open that can of worms.

JA did all he could to get traded and it succeeded, conversely, JD did a great job getting the haul for him.  I, along with many others, did not want to see this major distraction continue lest it create even more discord in the locker room. Ask yourself, how missed was JA in the Jets locker room?  I did not hear about too many coming to his defense 

Q is a different case. Q is playing well at a position that does not put up the gaudy stats and comparing him to Donald is a bit unfair.  Very few iDL have that kind of impact. Off the top of my head, Sapp and what’s his face from Minny 20 years ago are the only I can think of.  Q quietly does his job and so far, he is getting better. Add an EDGE with Q and JFM, and we may actually have a really strong front 4. You build off that not dismiss it.  I like the idea of having a front 4 that can get pressure without the need to blitz. Ask Brady when he played the Giants in the SB what he thinks. Pressure up the middle is very disturbing to a QB.  I understand several on this site don’t feel Q was worthy of the #3 pick. That may be true, I for one wanted Allen, but you can’t blame Q for that. In the end he is a good FB player on a team that lacks those. Keep Q and build around him. Blame Mac if  you must.

When your drafted at 3 when we needed literally every other position nearly besides IDL... that’s when he had to be Donald good. Is that his fault? No. But bc we ignored need along with talent... he has to be a pro bowler every year for me to ever think he was a good pick.

• Like 1