The Pats QB situation

Apparition

7 hours ago, m haynes said:

I not sure how this will come out,  but if the Pats only move is to get Jimmy G I will be pissed. My feelings is BB is still in looking at the draft the same like it is a mosquito bite or having to visit in laws on holiday.

Idk about him not taking it seriously, I just think he's a pretty average or even below average talent evaluator at certain positions.  Given that limitation, his strategy of trading down and having as many picks as possible to hopefully hit on a couple is a good strategy. 

But yeah... that doesn't work when you need a franchise QB for the first time in 22 years.  Hopefully he's willing to be aggressive if he likes one of these guys.

13 minutes ago, Starless said:

Yeah there's an aspect of the article I'm not going to wade into on here... I think some of it is unfair... but re Fields... 

If Fields isn't at least 1B to Lawrence's 1A in this draft class at QB then I'm really missing something.  The guy is the total package.  Honestly if I had the #1 pick, I'd consider him over Lawrence, but I realize there's some bias against goofy looking mofos clouding my judgement against TLaw.

Edited by mission27
  • Like 1

As mentioned by another poster, BB is in the twilight of his career.  He is chasing all time records and deferring picks and trading back is unlikely imho (or at least I hope).  If there was ever a time to be aggressive it’s now, and I think FA taught us that.  Wether it’s Fields or Lance, If u like to prospect, do what u need to do to get it done.  Plus, I think BB and Josh are enamored with the new style QB who can create off schedule plays.  Couple that with BB wanting to win enough games to retire as the undisputed best and winningest coach, I think we may actually see a trade up.

• Like 1

Regarding Fields, I see a couple of things that could be happening here; Either there has to be information about Fields that the teams are privy to that we are not hearing of which is influencing their decision. Another reason might be that one team are in fact going to pick him in the top 3 and are just throwing a smoke screen, because right now the 49ers could pick anyone. Or the other possibility is that teams are nitpicking things that shouldn't hold that much weight but ultimately influencing their opinion, the fear of failing is too great so they look at the player with the least likely chance to fail.

Edited by The Third Rider
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Third Rider said:

Regarding Fields, I see a couple of things that could be happening here; Either there has to be information about Fields that the teams are privy to that we are not hearing of which is influencing their decision. Another reason might be that one team are in fact going to pick him in the top 3 and are just throwing a smoke screen, because right now the 49ers could pick anyone. Or the other possibility is that teams are nitpicking things that shouldn't hold that much weight but ultimately influencing their opinion, the fear of failing is too great so they look at the player with the least likely chance to fail.

I have to think it's one of the latter two. 

Might be a situation where teams see "OSU QB" and it affects their thinking the same way "Tedford QB" did when Aaron Rodgers slid in '05.

1 minute ago, The Third Rider said:

My original thought was that he was going to the 49ers but then rumors were that he was no longer in the running which I thought was odd.

I think Fields is the guy, altho this latest Rodgers development is very interesting