Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, showtime said:

I don't watch college football very much anymore, but why did D.K. Metcalf fall so far in the draft?  His measurables are insane: Weight, height, speed, etc.

I remember during the combine the narrative was something like he's a one trick pony because he didn't do as well in the agility drills like the 3 cone.

2 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Lock you are still garbage. Ya just played the chargers clown.

How are you going to tell a kid in his 9th career start who came back from 24-3 down that he is garbage without his #1 and #2 wide recievers.

Seems more to me that 2020 Gods hero Justin Herbert melted in the entire second half........

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

How are you going to tell a kid in his 9th career start who came back from 24-3 down that he is garbage without his #1 and #2 wide recievers.

Seems more to me that 2020 Gods hero Justin Herbert melted in the entire second half........

Dude save it. Lock is garbage. Take away his games against the chargers and he's utter garbage. I get trying to be optimistic.. dont be delusional. Next week when he faces a team that isnt the Chargers, he'll be back to being garbage.

Herbert is on a pace that is equal to Mahomes in first 6 starts, minus the win/loss record.

3 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Dude save it. Lock is garbage. Take away his games against the chargers and he's utter garbage. I get trying to be optimistic.. dont be delusional. Next week when he faces a team that isnt the Chargers, he'll be back to being garbage.

Herbert is on a pace that is equal to Mahomes in first 6 starts, minus the win/loss record.

i dont think that's even a broncos fan tho

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

Save what? Drew Lock is 5-3 as a starter in the 8 games he has played? Im trying not to be delusional but remember that this was only his 3rd start of the entire season. What are you talking about 'when he faces a team thats not the Chargers'. Didnt the Chargers just spend the last 5 years of their lives spending every draft pick on DEFENSE? The same one that just got shredded for 31 points on the road? Cmon. 

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Save what? Drew Lock is 5-3 as a starter in the 8 games he has played? Im trying not to be delusional but remember that this was only his 3rd start of the entire season. What are you talking about 'when he faces a team thats not the Chargers'. Didnt the Chargers just spend the last 5 years of their lives spending every draft pick on DEFENSE? The same one that just got shredded for 31 points on the road? Cmon. 

2 of those wins are vs the Chargers and the other win was in a game where he did nothing vs NE and they had 5 fgs. 

Chargers defense in the 2nd half was without Heyward, Harris Jr, Bosa, Drue, Derwin. That's 5 starters. If they had Bosa and Casey who they started the game with, 1st half Lock would of been 2nd half Lock. 

Edited by Bearerofnews

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

no... 99% sure he's a browns fan iirc

Maybe.....regardless of what fan I am....I absolutly hate when other teams fans try to downplay a opposing team based off of how poorly their own team played.Its the ultimate sucker shiiiiiii reaction.

The Chargers didnt lose because 'aw shucks we're the Chargers' but because the Broncos and Drew Lock beat them. Period.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Maybe.....regardless of what fan I am....I absolutly hate when other teams fans try to downplay a opposing team based off of how poorly their own team played.

The Chargers didnt lose because 'aw shucks we're the Chargers' but because the Broncos and Drew Lock beat them. Period.

No they really didn't. This has been the theme for the Chargers all season. Had very little to do with Broncos. Chargers did same thing with KC, TB, NO. Teams who lose double digit leads, happens because of them faltering. Like i said, next week Lock will be back to bench watch. This is what Chargers do. It isnt what Den does.

1 hour ago, Kael said:

I agree with everything you said, for the most part.(Pretty much all)

Rivers learned that to win a game, it was all on him. That is something Herbert is learning now, something I don't really want Herbert to learn.

The 2nd half comes down to not being able to adjust in game. What the opposing team does on offense, we can't adjust to it in the second half. That's on defensive coaching.

And yes, the team has to get mean, it has to get nasty to win games. Instead of sitting on its lead from the first half, it needs to run that lead up. No matter what the the lead is the defense needs to play like it did when the game first started. The offense needs to learn to play that way as well. Rather than simply run out the clock, run up the score.

I don’t have a problem with the offense grounding it out in the 2nd half (in this game at least) when we’re up that much. The problem is all those key penalties that came at the worst time when we were driving deep into their territory and caused us to settle for FGs. That HH penalty on the last Charger offensive drive comes to mind.

But it still shouldn’t have mattered. This wasn’t the Chiefs and Mahomes. Our defense is just unbelievably anti clutch. But it’s been this way whether it’s Wade Phillips, John Pagano, or Gus Bradley.

2 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

2 of those wins are vs the Chargers and the other win was in a game where he did not vs NE and they had 5 fgs. 

Chargers defense in the 2nd half was without Hayward, Harris Jr, Bosa, Drue, Derwin. That's 5 starters. If they had Bosa and Casey who they started the game with, 1st half Lock would of been 2nd half Lock. 

Please dont bring up injuries about the Broncos. I will repeat this until you understand.

If the Broncos has Von Miller, Jurell Casey and Courtland Sutton, there would not have been a close enough for the Chargers to blow.