Multiple Giants players and coaches test positive

RaidersAreOne

This is standard procedure when the screening test is positive.   If the confirmatory PCR test is positive, then the player gets put on the Covid-19 list, and **** gets real.    Keep in mind that the screening test has a significant false positive rate, so I would wait on more news before getting worried.  We'll know later today if this is an issue or not (like the Jets & Saints a couple of weeks ago, and the Texans yesterday, could be false positive testing).

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

This is standard procedure when the screening test is positive.   If the confirmatory PCR test is positive, then the player gets put on the Covid-19 list, and **** gets real.    Keep in mind that the screening test has a significant false positive rate, so I would wait on more news before getting worried.  We'll know later today if this is an issue or not (like the Jets & Saints a couple of weeks ago, and the Texans yesterday, could be false positive testing).

Having said the above, well...now **** gets real in NYG.   

The Raiders game being played last week tells me everything I need to know about the NFLs handling of COVID. They dont care. Just hope the news slides under the radar and its business as usual. I predict there will be some scathing tell alls 10 years from now about the way the NFL handled this situation internally. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

The Raiders game being played last week tells me everything I need to know about the NFLs handling of COVID. They dont care. Just hope the news slides under the radar and its business as usual. I predict there will be some scathing tell alls 10 years from now about the way the NFL handled this situation internally. 

You didn't catch on after the NFL forced the Pats to play the Chiefs only a couple days after Cam Newton tested positive and a bunch of people (including Gilmore) were known to have been in contact with him and very possibly were incubating the virus during that time (and potentially spreading it) ? NFL should have cancelled that game, they didn't. They also denied the Pats access to another locker room area in KC after the Pats voiced concerns over KC's tiny enclosed visitor locker room (which the Pats feared could make spreading the virus easier). It's been painfully obvious  the NFL doesn't care at all. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

well the other major leagues having the layoffs destroyed ratings. Nba finals and the world series were both historically bad ratings. Gotta keep on keeping on to make those dollars.