Niners trade Kwon Alexander to the Saints we get Kiko Alonso

49erurtaza

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

At this point I would be good with it even with the injuries. 

I was thinking the same thing but I don't think the team does. Coleman getting hurt also doesn't help we could of tried to move him. Tbh if we don't have plans for Trent Williams passed this year I wouldn't mind seeing what we can get for him.

6 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

What about Jimmie Ward? That move wouldn't shock me. IDK if anyone would want him at this point though. 

I know i mentioned yesterday, but I would like to trade Ward. I know someone rebuttal mentioning he signed a team friendly contract, but I would still put some feelers out there. I think it was the Raiders who were interested in him in the offseason, so maybe? 

I know someone mentioned Coleman or McKinnon (which I’m all for), but our depth is crap now with all these injuries. I don’t know if that would net us anything except “off the books.”

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ouch!

This was always the case. We could have lessened it on next year's by designating a june 1 cut,  but we were always hitting the dead money, and he was gone next year no matter what. Our restructurings were all kind of awful decisions LOL

So...is this a cap saving move? Is this a move we make because we're confident in Greenlaw & DFF to man the other LB spots next to Warner? Is this the first of several moves we'll make to jettison dead weight for future assets? Is this signaling that we've given up on the season? Maybe a little of all the above? 

Edited by 49ersfan

Just now, 49ersfan said:

So...is this a cap saving move? Is this a move we make because we're confident in Greenlaw & DFF to man the other LB spots next to Warner? Is this the first of several moves we'll make to jettison dead weight for future assets? Is this signaling that we've given up on the season? Maybe a little of all the above? 

The contract was always a bit silly to begin with, and I think most people acknolwedged that even though they liked Kwon. The restructure is what really hurt. But the fact of the matter is, you cannot pay two off ball linebackers that kind of money. It's a horrific waste of financial assets, and Warner will need a deal and is the better player. Greenlaw is good, and DFF is a risk, but could be a natural replacement as a coverage linebacker who is cheap (he's a former safety) 

• Like 1