BDL 2020 Week 8 - Sacramento Sasquatch @ Singapore Sentinels

rackcs

Sacramento Sasquatch @ Singapore Sentinels  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Sacramento Sasquatch
    • Singapore Sentinels

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2020 at 05:01 AM

BDL 2020 Week 8

Match: Sacramento Sasquatch @ Singapore Sentinels

Away Owner: @Counselor

Home Owner: @SirA1

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Sacramento Sasquatch

Offense:
QB- Joe Burrow
RB- Antonio Gibson
X- John Brown
Z- Henry Ruggs
Slot- Tyler Boyd
TE- Noah Fant
LT- Jedrick Wills Jr. 
LG- Joe Thuney
C- Garrett Bradbury
RG- Dalton Risner
RT- Rob Havenstein

RB- Jonathan Taylor
RB- JK Dobbins
FB- Alec Ingold
WR- Preston Williams
WR- Tyler Johnson
WR- Donovan Peoples-Jones
OG- Jonah Jackson
OT- Kelvin Beachum

Defense:
LE- Ed Oliver
DT- Ndamukong Suh
DT- Dexter Lawrence
RE- Trey Flowers
SLB- Cole Holcomb
MLB- Kenneth Murray
WLB- Uchenna Nwosu
CB- Chidobe Awuzie
CB- Donte Jackson
FS- Jessie Bates
SS- Ronnie Harrison

DE- Stephen Weatherly 
DT- Folorunso Fatukasi
LB/PRS- Malik Reed
LB- Joe Schobert
CB- Bryce Callahan 
CB- Sean Murphy-Bunting 
CB- CJ Henderson
S- Xavier Woods

Singapore Sentinels

QB: Tom Brady
RB1: Kareem Hunt 
WR1: Keenan Allen 
WR2: Lavishka Shenault Jr. 
WR3: Cole Beasley
TE1: Darren Waller
LT: Duane Brown
LG: Bradley Bozeman 
C.Eric McCoy 
RG: Matt Feiler
RT: Jack Conklin
--------------------
RB2: CEH
RB3: James Conner
RB4: Myles Gaskin
TE2: Darren Fells
WR4: Rashard Higgins
WR5: Darnell Mooney 
WR6: Gabriel Davis 
OL6: Nate Davis

DE: Hasson Reddick 
DT: Aaron Donald 
DT: Fletcher Cox
DE: Preston Smith
MLB: Deion Jones
WLB: Kevin Pierre-Louis 
CB: Kyle Fuller
CB: Quinton Dunbar 
NCB: Jonathan Jones 
S: John Johnson III
S: Ryan Neal
--------------------
DL3: Bilal Nichols
DE3: Robert Quinn
DE4: Markus Golden
LB3: Andrew Van Ginkel
LB4: Justin Hollins
CB4: Rashad Fenton
S3/CB5: Lonnie Johnson
S4: Tracy Walker III 

Sacramento Sasquatch

Offensive Personnel Groups: (3W/1RB/1TE 50%, 2RB/2WR/1TE 40%, 4 Wide Traditional 10%)

We will be going with our base 3Wide/1RB/1TE personnel 50% of the time. We will also run a 2RB/2WR formation with Antonio Gibson and Jonathan Taylor in the backfield together. In our base 3Wide we will have John Brown on the TE side as the X and Ruggs as the Z on the outside on the side with Boyd as the slot WR. Gibson will take 30% of the RB reps in the 3 Wide set, while Jonathan Taylor takes the other 20%. And both will play all 40% of the 2RB sets. In the 2 Wide set Tyler Boyd will play the Z and Henry Ruggs and John Brown will split reps at the X. In 4 Wide JK Dobbins will play the entire 10% of reps in this formation.  In the 4 Wide Preston Williams comes on the field for Noah Fant, and Ruggs and Boyd work out of the slots. 

Rub Routes

We will run a heavy dose of rub routes out of our 3 Wide formation to open up our quick passing game against the Singapore defense. They have great interior penetrators and we want to get the ball out quickly. This plays into our strength as Burrow has been excellent in the short passing game and we have some crafty route runners mixed with some serious speed to break quick high percentage plays into big gains. When we run the rubs, Ruggs will rub with Boyd while Brown and Fant rub combo the other side. 

RPO’s

For the first time we have installed RPO’s into our game plan. We will run heavy RPO  out of our 2 Back offense, when both backs are in the backfield or when we motion one out to a wing back or slot position. This will allow us to get our RBs out into the flats for a pass option if Burrow opts to pass or our other RB a handoff if Burrow opts to hand it off. Another option is for Burrow to keep. We will also have some quick hitting routes from Fant and the WR’s as other pass options. This will be another strategy that will allows us to get the ball out quickly while also slowing down pressure with that run threat option. We believe Burrow has the athleticism, poise, and advanced decision making to be a threat to run, while giving us the handoff option, or the pass option as well. 

Deep Shots

While our focus is the quick passing game we will still take a few deep shots with our speedy WR duo of John Brown and Henry Ruggs. As the defense is sucked up with the Rub Routes and RPO’s we believe we can get some shots deep on them and make some game changing plays. If the focus from the D is on these deep routes it will open up the underneath passing game for us even more. 

Run Game

We already touched on the RPO portion of our run game, but we will also focus on our zone run blocking scheme. We want to attack the C gaps heavily as well as get outside. We will incorporate some designed cutbacks to cut back underneath the penetration of the defensive tackles. We have been very impressed with Gibson’s continued development as well as Taylor’s ability to pick up tough yards. We will count on these two backs to carry the running game with Dobbins being a change of pace back in our 4 Wide. 

Defensive Formations: 4-3 against 21 personnel and/or 12 personnel, Nickel against 3 Wide, Dime against 4 Wide and Big Dime against 5 Wide. 

Run Defense

We are excited to welcome Dexter Lawrence to our interior Dline and believe he can be a force for us inside next to Suh. We are going big on the Dline this week against a very good run team with very talented backs. Ed Oliver is playing LE and will help us contain the RBs on the edge while also giving their TE fits coming off the ball. Flowers will play RE and he has been a very good all around end for a few years now and is very good against the run. Our LBers will fill gaps while playing disciplined gap control defense. Ronnie Harrison will be in the box and offers additional run support. Our defensive goal will be to funnel runs inside to the meat of your defense minimizing big gains. 

Pass Coverage in 4-3

We are going to run predominantly press man coverage this game. We want to disrupt the timing of the receivers routes and throw off Brady’s rhythm. Against the 2RB/2WR/1TE formation we will have Awuzie who is finally back healthy man Allen, with Bates bracketing him over the top. Jackson will man Shenault or whoever plays the number 2 WR in this formation. Ronnie Harrison will play in the box and man Waller with Ed Oliver lining up over Waller whenever he is inline and having him jam him up before getting to his pass rush. Murray will man RB1 and Holcomb will man RB2. Uchenna will blitz from various spots 60% of the plays out of this formation while dropping back as a disruptor in a middle zone. 

Pass Coverage Nickel/Dime/Big Dime

When we go to nickel Oliver comes off the field from his end spot (rotates some reps in at DT) and Uchenna splits reps with Malik Reed and his 4 sacks in the last two games, as a stand up rusher in Oliver’s place. Flowers will then line up over the in-line TE if there is one. Callahan will man the slot, while Awuzie and Jackson stick to outside receivers. In the Dime against 4 Wide Sean Murphy Bunting will play the Dime and Holcomb comes off the field. If a Five wide makes an appearance we will go Big Dime with Xavier Woods playing SS while we go to a three man Dline of Stand up rushers Nwosu and Malik Reed on the outside with Suh as the NT, with Murray at MLB and Ronnie Harrison playing an enforcer/WLB role. We will play a mix of Cover 2/3 zone against any Five Wide. 

Singapore Sentinels

Motivation - Hello darkness my old friend. I've come to talk with you again. Sweep the Squatch.

Offensive Strategy

Formations:  3WR/ 4WR/ 2 RB

Scheme:  Pass (60%) vs Run (40%)

Rushing
Position Depth: Kareem Hunt/  CEH / James Conner / Myles Gaskin

Hunt will get the start this week (55%). CEH and Conner will spell him and Conner will handle short yardage/goal line plays. Hunt and CEH are threats both in the run game and passing game out of the backfield or in the slot. We will use outside zone runs to stretch the Sac DL out and set up the pass for Brady with some play action. The versatility of our offensive weapons allows them to line up in multiple spots and give Brady a quick out to move the ball.  
We are dialing back the 21 personnel this week and mainly will use the second RB in motion into the slot or occasionally a Jet Sweep.

Passing
We are opening up the passing game this week. Starting out in a base 11 personnel of 3 WR bringing in slot WR Cole Beasley to be Tom’s new Jules in this offense. We know this passing game runs through Keenan Allen and Darren Waller though. They will be the primary targets this week lining up on the same side so that if they are double covered it will leave our other receivers in one on one matchups.

Tom will assess the defense and use his incredible processing power to get the ball out quickly. Beasley and Shenault are both solid intermediate targets that have the capability to make the most with their catches. Shenault leads the league in broken tackles and adds more elusiveness to our main offense this week and gets involved on Jet sweeps and also will line up in the backfield with the RB going out to the Slot.

In 4 WR formations Rashard Higgins brings some field stretching capability to go along with Allen and Shenault’s route running skills. Also In 4 WR formations Mooney or Davis  adds speed to the field. 

Defensive Strategy
Formation:  4-2-5 Defense / 3-3-5 / 3-2-6

Our main defensive formation will consist of the 4-2-5 (Nickle). In my opinion, this formation is putting our best 11 on the field thus giving our defense the best chance to dismantle their offensive game plan.   

Rush Defense
The Squatch have a stable of young bucks at RB, with Gibson showing promise the last couple of weeks, so we obviously will prepare to stop the run. Aaron Donald and Fletcher Cox clog the middle and get penetration this week to collapse the pocket on Burrow. We've upgraded the Interior of our DL since our first matchup and Burrow won't know how to shift line coverage to stop both Cox and Donald. KPL will keep an eye on Burrow as he is also a threat to run. Van Ginkel will come off the bench if Sacramento goes run heavy in 21 personnel. 

Pass Rush
Haason Reddick has earned his starting spot in the BDL with his 5 sacks this season. Preston Smith will join him and set the edges and we will be dialing up blitz packages this week to force Burrow to throw quickly and not give his receivers time to develop their routes. So we’ll look to exploit things by keeping the pressure on for the bulk of the game with a safety blitz or the LB spying on Burrow putting pressure on him as well. The depth off the bench in Quinn and Golden will make sure that Burrow, the most sacked QB this year,  has no time and nowhere to run all day. 

Pass Defense - Scheme:  Cover 2 Man 
Henry Ruggs is the clear WR1 and will draw coverage from Kyle Fuller. We are confident that our secondary is up to the task of preventing this passing game from developing. John Johnson and Ryan Neal have deep coverage as the high safeties and we want Burrow to try and beat us with his arm. Ryan Neal settles in nicely to this defense as he has shown an awareness for the ball with 2 picks this year.

Coverage Assignments:
·         Henry Ruggs / Kyle Fuller - CB
·        Preston Williams/ Quinton Dunbar - CB 
·        Tyler Boyd / Jonathan Jones - CB
·         Noah Fant / Deion Jones - LB

Personally I view this somewhat as a 'David and Giolath' matchup. Both teams really good gameplans, Singapore has a strong running back room and QB where as Sacramento has a strong WR room and overall balanced offense. 

So for it came down to which defense would succeed more here. One thing I looked at is that I view Singapore's receiving options outside of Waller and Allen, as, well, average. Sure Beasley is doing well and will get some opportunities but its not a receiving unit that is going to put any great pressure on Sacramento and there for, Sacramento's job of stopping the run will come easier imo.

So just as the story goes, this game goes, Davis slays Goliath. 

24-17 Sacramento 

It's really close. Both teams prepared well. I like a bit of the rpo from sac while I think sing going more three wide took out some plans from sac 

In the end the sing front is playing really well while Willis is really starting to struggle in Cleveland.  It's a small thing but I think hot Brady does more than burrow here. Sing 28-27

Edited by bcb1213

37 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

It's really close. Both teams prepared well. I like a bit of the rpo from sac while I think sing going more three wide took out some plans from sac 

In the end the sing front is playing really well while Willis is really starting to struggle in Cleveland.  It's a small thing but I think hot Brady does more than burrow here. Sing 28-27

Wills isn’t struggling in Cleveland lol

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

You obv haven't watched last three weeks.  Hooray ne Ohio gets all Browns games.  He got owned by Vegas and Pitt 

I have watched. How many sacks did he give up and pressures? He does need to improve in the run game but he has been pretty solid pass blocking.

7 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I have watched. How many sacks did he give up and pressures? He does need to improve in the run game but he has been pretty solid pass blocking.

Yea he was mauled in the run game.  I think none in Oakland, couple in Pitts tho if I recall.  He's getting pushed around more than I expected but is handling speed dudes well 

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Yea he was mauled in the run game.  I think none in Oakland, couple in Pitts tho if I recall.  He's getting pushed around more than I expected but is handling speed dudes well 

He’s been a very solid player all year. I’m very excited with what he has shown especially switching from RT to LT after not playing there in college and rarely even playing there in high school. Future is bright and his pass win percentage is really good and encouraging. 

Just now, Counselor said:

He’s been a very solid player all year. I’m very excited with what he has shown especially switching from RT to LT after not playing there in college and rarely even playing there in high school. Future is bright and his pass win percentage is really good and encouraging. 

He'll get there.  Think he was hitting rookie wall. Bye week may get him back to early season levels of good 

• Like 1

Went with Sac Town. I know SirA is putting an uptick on passing this week, but the best part of this team is it's run game and Counselor is not only built to do that very well, but also schemed it well. Beasley is an ok player, but his addition this week doesn't move the needle either way for me.

• Like 1

I like both teams and both gameplans. I'm just not sold on Ed Oliver at the edge in a 4-3, he's struggling inside this season and I don't think putting him on the edge is going to magically unlock his potential. Brady has a bit more time in the pocket, and that's enough for Singapore to win at home.