BDL 2020 Week 8 - Sacramento Sasquatch @ Singapore Sentinels

rackcs

Sacramento Sasquatch @ Singapore Sentinels  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Sacramento Sasquatch
    • Singapore Sentinels

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2020 at 05:01 AM

I think SacTown planned for a more run focused attack this week with moves like putting Oliver at DE and having Harrison in the box. Also, I'm not sure about Harrison on Waller alone. I like the plan to jam up guys at the line and think that'll be pretty effective though. In the end I think Singapore catches the D off guard a little bit and it does just enough to get them the win.

51 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I like both teams and both gameplans. I'm just not sold on Ed Oliver at the edge in a 4-3, he's struggling inside this season and I don't think putting him on the edge is going to magically unlock his potential. Brady has a bit more time in the pocket, and that's enough for Singapore to win at home.

Agree with everything about this.

50 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I like both teams and both gameplans. I'm just not sold on Ed Oliver at the edge in a 4-3, he's struggling inside this season and I don't think putting him on the edge is going to magically unlock his potential. Brady has a bit more time in the pocket, and that's enough for Singapore to win at home.

He won’t be getting doubled at end the same he is on the inside in Buffalo. Also  not too shabby

r770179_1280x720_16-9.jpg&w=375&h=211

Just now, Counselor said:

Oh I know but I can see the pile on coming. You have a good team I hope you do some damage in the playoffs. I’ll be pulling for you. 

I'm just happy I was able to be both a buyer and seller at the trade deadline without giving up too much for next year.

• Like 1

I think Singapore going pass heavy was the right move as that is where Sacramento has some weakness.  Very much like the Sac defensive strategy, especially in disrupting routes, but can their personnel execute this plan?  I like Singapore's offensive balance and variety of weapons and think they will have some successes, but so will the Sac D.  The Sacramento offense continues to develop and certainly has a promising future with Burrow starting to shine.  I like Sacramento's varied concepts in the pass game, but I would like to see more development of their run game as it isn't really established in my mind.  I think this one comes down to the trenches and while Sac's O Line isn't totally overwhelmed, I think the Sentinels front 4 is the difference here.

This might be the last time Sacramento gets treated like a youth team because they have talent growing before our eyes. The problem is playing Brady at home and getting an opportunity to use Waller + Allen having more success than Burrow. I think Burrow can put up some points but the pass rush that can rattle him with four people is something few teams outside of Singapore are capable of doing.

34-27 Singapore.

17 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Burrow out plays Noodle Arm Brady here.  The lack of downfield passing is a major problem imo.  Just like in real life it will lead to a pick 6 here imo and Burrow rolls the rest of the way. 

Let compare Burrow versus Brady

Tom Brady - Pass Yards 2189 (4th), 7.1 YPA, 20+ Yard Passes (4th) - 29 (2 less than Matt Ryan and Mahomes 1st and 2nd in Pass Yards), 40+ Yard Passes - 4 (Also same as Mahomes and Ryan), 20 TD 4 INT, 10 Sacks

Joe Burrow - Pass Yards 2272 (3rd), 6.9 YPA, 20+ Yard Passes (20th) - 20 , 40+ Yard Passes - 2, 11 TD, 5 INT, 28 Sacks 

How in the world is that Noodle Arm or lack of downfield passing? Seriously you have bee the most vocal on this every week as your reason to vote again me and it's just wrong based off of the data. Tom Brady is a Top 5 QB this year in almost every category. Also considering Burrows pass yards are mostly garbage time padding it isn't even close.

2 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Let compare Burrow versus Brady

Tom Brady - Pass Yards 2189 (4th), 7.1 YPA, 20+ Yard Passes (4th) - 29 (2 less than Matt Ryan and Mahomes 1st and 2nd in Pass Yards), 40+ Yard Passes - 4 (Also same as Mahomes and Ryan), 20 TD 4 INT, 10 Sacks

Joe Burrow - Pass Yards 2272 (3rd), 6.9 YPA, 20+ Yard Passes (20th) - 20 , 40+ Yard Passes - 2, 11 TD, 5 INT, 28 Sacks 

How in the world is that Noodle Arm or lack of downfield passing? Seriously you have bee the most vocal on this every week as your reason to vote again me and it's just wrong based off of the data. Tom Brady is a Top 5 QB this year in almost every category. Also considering Burrows pass yards are mostly garbage time padding it isn't even close.

Don’t drag my Burrow into this! Burrow has had less time to deliver deep with a muddied pocket. You already got your win. 

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Don’t drag my Burrow into this! Burrow has had less time to deliver deep with a muddied pocket. You already got your win. 

I am trying to understand @Pickle Rick's motivation for voting. He is not basing it off of the facts and stats and this hasn't been the only week. JLash even mentioned something similar in our game last week. 

4 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I am trying to understand @Pickle Rick's motivation for voting. He is not basing it off of the facts and stats and this hasn't been the only week. JLash even mentioned something similar in our game last week. 

Did you research before you said most of Burrows yards came in garbage time stat padding? Do you know how many more yards he has passed for in the second half versus the first half in games this season? 63 total yards. Or 7.88 yards more per game in the second half. So let’s not drag Burrow with untruths. 

• Like 1

@SirA1 if you wanna look up the stats by all means do so (I don't have the time and have no idea what they show). 

I'm a Tampa fan so I have watched EVERY play.  

I can tell you Brady's deep passing is a major major major concern right now.  

There is a reason that those 4 INT's this year are all pick 6s.  Tom Brady does not throw the ball deep.  Yes he throws occastionaly deep and that makes up your numbers but the fact is he DOES NOT throw deep.  Just a guess but he is probably in the bottom third of attempts deep. 

And that has lead directly to 4 pick 6s (I think Brady has surpassed Jameis there 🤣). All 4 saw the defender jump the out routes bc there is 0 threat/chance he throws it deep.  Everything is within 20 yards of the line its so predictable and easily defended.  

Noodle Arm is my descriptor, it may be wrong but watch a game and you will see.