The Return of the Face of the Vikings (Teddy Chronicles)

gopherwrestler

4-6 week is best case scenario. Bradford’s knee hasn’t exactly been cooperating. And even then, there’s no guarantee that he’ll be pain free or ready to go back onto the field. 

It’s time to IR him and let him try and get that knee as healthy as possible. 

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

4-6 week is best case scenario. Bradford’s knee hasn’t exactly been cooperating. And even then, there’s no guarantee that he’ll be pain free or ready to go back onto the field. 

It’s time to IR him and let him try and get that knee as healthy as possible. 

Given that Bradford is a FA, how much does MN care about long term implications of the situation? If there is a best case option where Bradford can return prior to the playoffs, I think that has to be pursued. It Might be a disaster if Keenum is our best option going into the playoffs. I think MN has the roster capacity to make room for Bradford, he's potentially more valuable than a 4th RB.

Player/FO relations still play to the locker room. Doing what’s best for Bradford is what will ultimately be the best move for the team.

And might be an even bigger disaster if you try and play a less mobile Bradford, who may still not be fully recovered, in the playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Player/FO relations still play to the locker room. Doing what’s best for Bradford is what will ultimately be the best move for the team.

And might be an even bigger disaster if you try and play a less mobile Bradford, who may still not be fully recovered, in the playoffs. 

I think the Vikes would have to be more critical of Bradfords ability to play than they were prior to the Chicago game. I don't really see how keeping Bradford around hurts the team. Just gives us an extra option. Not like that 4th RB will play anyway, barring injuries. RBs aren't hard to find off the street or a PS either.

It might also look bad to players/FO if the Vikes prematurely shut Bradford down in a contract year if he wants to try and get back on the field and the recovery time frame is reasonable for the duration of the season.

I think Bradford should move to the IR after the "scope and clean-up". I know there is the 4-6 week "report" of a timetable, but given Bradford's knee history and age, I think he and the team will want to give him full time to recover. Having a week 1 version of Bradford ready by the end of the year is absolutely intriguing, but I don't think anyone can full expect to have that again this year. With his mobility potentially further reduced this year, and now having not played in weeks, and not playing for weeks more, I think the recovery timetable actually gets extended from those 4-6 weeks, and would then almost make it a wash to think that he could play. Does a week 1 style Bradford outweigh a 4th RB? Sure, but that was probably Bradford's best statistical game of his career, and I would wager that lightning doesn't strike twice this year. At some point, he is probably going to look at hanging the cleats up, and it could now be sooner than later. At the end of the day, I feel very comfortable with Keenum, Bridgewater, and Sloter being the guys on the roster for the rest of the year and into the playoffs.

I feel good about Keenum and Teddy carrying us to the postseason. I just don't feel great about Keenum come playoff time. He's got to show more consistency and not miss so many open receivers. I don't trust that Keenum will be effective against the better defenses we will face in the playoffs. Eagles, Saints, Rams, Seahawks all have defenses that are playing well. I'd hope to see Teddy playing by then, but how will he handle taking hits? Will he even be any good? 

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

That's the best approach. Wouldn't make sense to shut down a starting QB who might still be able to play this year and is an upgrade over Keenum and potentially Teddy.

wonder why they waited so long for this procedure?

See if it got better on its own. Maybe with Teddy as an extra security Blanket QB, Vikings felt comfortable advising Bradford to do the clean up and we can still wait out for your return possibly

Archived