Week 10 GDT: Ravens vs. Off-Brand Patriots

AFlaccoSeagulls

3 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I'm still as mad as I was last night. This can't be good for my health

Same here to a degree. I abated some of that feeling however by going back to what led me to this forum in the first place... draft scouting. Nothing I can control, but the mock draft and discussing the prospects makes me feel as though there’s something I can see that the team might also see to fix problems and that gives me a bit more comfort.

17 minutes ago, Danand said:

You are good at writing long posts. Fact is, that you act like you know things you have absolutely no clue about. 

You have done it many times. You know what happens at practice, you know who puts in the long hours of work - except you don't. You guess.

I don't have to provide evidence for nothing, as I have not stated anything other, than that you speak of things you don't know anything about.

Nice threatening me with a ban. Trying to be a bully or just trying to be condecending? 

So again you’re not even going to try and discuss the actual comment I made and instead make this some sort of personnel vendetta? Are you not capable of following forum rules at all? I’m not a mod anymore. I can’t threaten you with any of this. I just know it’s a slippery slope and because I genuinely don’t want to see anymore Ravens fans go... I’m trying to keep you from marching down some road you can’t march back from. We’ve seen enough fans leave this forum over the years like Flaccomania, Raven5255, and well... I don’t feel like mentioning them all but the point stands.

What I have ACTUALLY said is that Collinsworth in fact brought it up and the evidence backs up that information. If you disagree, back it up. How do I know? Because Collinsworth/McDaniels said it and the film supports it.

What’s more the media is the only one allowed at training camps most of the time (outside of stadium practices). The team no longer goes to McDaniels college. So as far as I’m concerned either fans have to trust SOME components of the media OR we really know absolutely nothing. So when the media talks up a guy as having a great practice it’s worth taking note of. So when they do so with guys as we’ve seen over the years as they did with Chuck Clark and we have Tony Jefferson dragging tail, absolutely I’m calling to see more of Chuck Clark. And it turns out those who did, were correct.

Or when the media talk up Tyus Bowser and while he’s no stud, it turns out that he’s been more effective than Matt Judon when having seen playing time. Some wondered about Zadarius Smith not seeing more snaps in past seasons over a declining Suggs, turns out, they were probably right. He’s become a star in this league, but elsewhere because we saw too little too late here to make him a respectable offer. We now have traded for another teams premier pass rusher to rectify the situation.

I claimed that we should run more 11 personnel because it’s more versatile as a pass/run formation and while we don’t have enough evidence to go either way, it’s a viable solution. We will see in the coming weeks whether the results prove that insight right or wrong with games against premium opponents. I did the same with Flacco in offering up such things when Cam Cameron continued to use long developing plays behind an OL that couldn’t hold up that long.

If I see something I’m going to say something. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong. I’m sure someone will call me out on it. If they do, cool beans. But I also write these long posts to provide justification for WHY I believe I’m correct in my analysis. But that doesn’t mean I am indeed correct.

But in the specific instance that started this, there isn’t anything to debate until McDaniels tells us he DIDNT in fact use his best plays.

The Boyle injury is an absolute backbreaker for an offense as inflexible as ours. The only way Roman will think to deal with it is just to give Ricard a million more snaps and it's not going to work.

Maybe we see a 2012-style resurgence but I really don't see it with this team. All kinds of negative energy and frustration emanating from the team and there's really no sense the coaching staff has any big adjustment in them. What's frustrating is both that Lamar has seemingly made little progress since last year on all of the things they talked about improving on and also that our offense still has basically no idea what to do when things get tough except ask Lamar to do it all himself. Him and Roman have gotten as far as they can together and we also need a real wakeup call from EDC about the pathetic job he did building on last year to support his most valuable and important piece. This is not a championship team this year nor has it felt like one at really any point past Week 1.

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

I can't get over the fact that the coaches saw Skura struggling to snap the ball all game and did NOTHING in response. Is Roman so rigid that he can't put Lamar under center to take the snap? Does EVERY play have to be in pistol or shotgun? 

Yeah our offense is almost 100% pistol/shotgun, with the exception of our jumbo formations - which again is even more perplexing because you'd think snapping would be like a second-nature to Skura by now

3 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

I can't get over the fact that the coaches saw Skura struggling to snap the ball all game and did NOTHING in response. Is Roman so rigid that he can't put Lamar under center to take the snap? Does EVERY play have to be in pistol or shotgun? 

Yeah this is what bothers me. They were complacent to just allow it to continue. It happened the previous game and you’d think after the 1st half they would’ve at least made a switch there.

I mean even if they didn’t want to bench Skura because it’s not his fault that his hand is messed up, why not go towards either Bozeman or Mekari?

57 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah our offense is almost 100% pistol/shotgun, with the exception of our jumbo formations - which again is even more perplexing because you'd think snapping would be like a second-nature to Skura by now

But they knew in advance that Skura's hand was messed up and it was going to be super wet. And they didn't practice snaps under center at all during the week in preparation? They can't make in in-game adjustment? Amazingly incompetent. 

9 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

But they knew in advance that Skura's hand was messed up and it was going to be super wet. And they didn't practice snaps under center at all during the week in preparation? They can't make in in-game adjustment? Amazingly incompetent. 

Well their in-game adjustment was to use our backup C as the backup RT after benching our starting RT, who wasn't playing as bad as Skura was, so I mean...lol