Week 10 GDT: Ravens vs. Off-Brand Patriots

AFlaccoSeagulls

13 minutes ago, Danand said:

Fire Harbaugh as well, fire Wink as well - to follow that logic that Roman should leave after this game.

No one should be fired, but benching Skura was a move that was one game overdue. He was terrible last game and still isn’t healthy. This man has more undeserved job security as anyone I’ve seen on this side of Tony Jefferson. Needs to be benched or moved to guard, swapping spots with Bozeman... since Mekari’s services are required elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Danand said:

You don't know a thing about McDaniels using his best calls. You just repeat it because you heard it on the broadcast and thought it was a good point.

Had we tried a wide receiver to RB pass and missed, everyone would be furious with Roman, just like you guys are now because of a botched snap on 4 and 1...

Its fair to be frustrated, but at least try and be a little sensible about what happened in the game - a lot of dropped balls was a factor as well

Did McDaiel’s score and have success? Yup. They got a TD off a trick play, that sure looked like the kind of play a team might hold back with until a later moment in the game needing a big score... but no, they used it upfront.

GTFO with that nonsense. Logical fallacy. Because I’m not in McDaniels head I can’t “know” something. Okay Rene Descartes. You don’t KNOW that he didn’t call his best plays. Yet which one of us have more evidence that he did? Which team went with a big time gadget play that they had CLEARLY worked hard on? Patriots. Did such a play result in a scores that really changed the nature of the game? Yes, it did.

So when refuting such a claim, let’s use more than a basic LOGICAL FALLACY when doing so.

11 minutes ago, Danand said:

Well, offense is down several players on the oline, the center is playing bad and now everybody is complaining about receivers as well. Doesn't seem he has much other than Lamar to work with.

You are like that other Ravens fan who all the time wants Harbaugh fired

I'll be that then. Roman was bailed out by an LJ8 that nobody saw coming last year. He was garbage in SF, Buffalo and here. There is no silver lining with Roman, sorry.

I just don’t know how to fix this team. They need an elite center in there if we’re going to have just average guards. Creed Humphrey might be that dude. Get Brown Jr, Powers, and him all working again on the same OL and see it dominate... but we also need a legit elite receiver threat to elevate this trash offense. A guy that it doesn’t matter what you do, he’s just such an absurd mismatch.

This season isn’t over. But defending this offense is just so easy. Snead is a solid WR, Hollywood is a #2 WR. We need a legit no questions asked elite specimen.

@RavensTillIDie maybe you were right about Hopkins. I was thinking that with the money we have to give to Hollywood there’s no way to afford an elite WR, but... well, yeah. Hollywood just got shutdown this game. I don’t care how good their secondary is, big game, big moment, and after you complained for touches on twitter... and that’s when you shrink? No excuse I want to hear from homeboy.

28 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Skura's performance was clearly hurt by the hand injury plus the wet conditions. Assuming the hand heals and we don't play in any more monsoons, he's the better center. 

is he, though?

Also, we just witnessed Harbaugh bench DJ Fluker for having a below-average night in the rain but NOT bench Skura for arguably costing us the game. I'm just not sure what Harbaugh has against Fluker. First, he doesn't start Fluker at RG because for some reason he likes Tyre Phillips (who sucks), and then benches him mid-game for Mekari when our starting Center is ACTUALLY costing us the game.

I don't understand it.

30 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Skura's performance was clearly hurt by the hand injury plus the wet conditions. Assuming the hand heals and we don't play in any more monsoons, he's the better center. 

Well then he better be sleeping in a hyperbolic time chamber than because his hand has cost us multiple drives to this point. Between delayed handoffs and errant snaps, it’s two games now. Inclement weather would be an excuse, if the last game didn’t exist and the Patriots snapper was able to handle the conditions.

Also even then, Skura being better “arguably” better than rookie Mekari who was new to the position, who also practices at EVERY OL position and thus can’t exclusively focus on the center position... shouldn’t be some sort of victory or consolation prize.

Speaking of fixing this team, I'm all out of ideas as well. We just lost our TE2 and we have no replacements incoming for that. Our WR's are terrible and can't win their matchups ever. Last year in the rain in SF we ran the ball all over the place and were able to grind it out, this year we couldn't even do that in the rain effectively.

We're just toast if we can't start magically finding ways to chew up chunk plays in the passing game, and it doesn't seem like that's gonna happen. We have a cake schedule so if our defense continues to play well and force turnovers we'll make the playoffs and be a quick out, but aside from that I honestly don't have much hope for this team this year.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And also, I'm starting to see why PQ is one of the worst rated linebackers in the league. When he stinks, he really stinks. He's great in the run game sometimes, but boy is he really bad in coverage.

Absolutely won’t defend this game in the slightest. Certainly outside of the DPOY conversation at this point, for sure. Terrible tackling all game long.