It's time to start Hogan.

hornbybrown

59 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Time to start Hogan? Let a team game plan for him and than we can truly see him get exsposed

If that happens then Kizer can always return to the field. So far, we aren't seeing Kizer put points on the scoreboard. The Jets had the leagues 7th best pass defense and  Hogan went 16-19 against em. I think its unfair to assume he does bad when we have watched 5 weeks of Kizer not being able to progress through reads and make smart, solid football plays. 

7 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

What other option do we have?  Ruin Kizer permanently,  Kessler?  Its not like we have a stud waiting in the wings to step in.

I’m just saying that some ppl think hogan is going to be as successful because what he has done in mop up duty or injury duty. I like hogan but I think his ceiling is back up spot starter

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I’m just saying that some ppl think hogan is going to be as successful because what he has done in mop up duty or injury duty. I like hogan but I think his ceiling is back up spot starter

Which is far better than what Kizer is doing so I don't understand your point. 

10 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Which is far better than what Kizer is doing so I don't understand your point. 

Yeah we don't know much about how our QBs will play out long term. Kizer isn't one of those knockout great QBs out of the gate but not all of them start that way.

It isn't like opposing defenses are game planning for Kizer in any special way that throws them off when Hogan comes in. I don't think you can ruin Kizer by leaving him in there but Hogan probably deserves a chance given how he played in the preseason and how he has done when asked to play during the year.

58 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah we don't know much about how our QBs will play out long term. Kizer isn't one of those knockout great QBs out of the gate but not all of them start that way.

It isn't like opposing defenses are game planning for Kizer in any special way that throws them off when Hogan comes in. I don't think you can ruin Kizer by leaving him in there but Hogan probably deserves a chance given how he played in the preseason and how he has done when asked to play during the year.

When you go 16-19 with two td's in one half of football, you definitely deserve a shot at starting. 

I Like that there is a Kizer appreciation thread and a "it's time to start Hogan" thread both on the first page :)

That being said, as a neutral observer, I'd give Hogan a shot. He's looked somewhat decent in the limited time he's been on the field. Some mistakes, but he's young and inexperienced. Kizer isn't such a can't miss prospect or high value prospect that I think you need to coddle him because so far he hasn't shown he's good enough or promising enough to bypass a quarterback at the top of the draft next year. May as well see what's there with Hogan. Smart kid, still young. Why couldn't he be the QBotF? Stranger things have happened. 

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

Mop up duty is when a team is being blown out, and its just going through the motions, not when you come in at the half down by only 3 points.

16 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Mop up duty is when a team is being blown out, and its just going through the motions, not when you come in at the half down by only 3 points.

It could also mean cleaning up after someone drops a jar of Miracle Whip at Kroger.

I think that Hue owes it to the other 52 football players on the roster to play Hogan right now. This will be/should be Kizer's last year starting in Cleveland unfortunately. We're going to go QB #1 (potentially even first overall).

5 games is always too early to see what you have, but sometimes it's enough to see what you don't. It's kind of like a first date...you won't know "SHE'S THE ONE!" on a first date, but a lot of time's you'll know "SHE'S NOT!!!!"

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think that Hue owes it to the other 52 football players on the roster to play Hogan right now. This will be/should be Kizer's last year starting in Cleveland unfortunately. We're going to go QB #1 (potentially even first overall).

5 games is always too early to see what you have, but sometimes it's enough to see what you don't. It's kind of like a first date...you won't know "SHE'S THE ONE!" on a first date, but a lot of time's you'll know "SHE'S NOT!!!!"

I won't go that far, but I do think Hogan starts and I do think a qb is the most logical choice at the top of the draft.

IF Kizer becomes a stud, great, but we can't just sit around and hope it happens.  There hasn't been nearly enough progress to warrant they kind of patience.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I won't go that far, but I do think Hogan starts and I do think a qb is the most logical choice at the top of the draft.

IF Kizer becomes a stud, great, but we can't just sit around and hope it happens.  There hasn't been nearly enough progress to warrant they kind of patience.

Yeah, I won't disagree.

LOL, it always cracks me up with our fans who are like "What if we draft a Franchise QB and already have one sitting on our bench????? What a wasted pick!!!!!".

After the last 25 years, I'd gladly have two.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah, I won't disagree.

LOL, it always cracks me up with our fans who are like "What if we draft a Franchise QB and already have one sitting on our bench????? What a wasted pick!!!!!".

After the last 25 years, I'd gladly have two.

Lol right?!?

I'll worry about having too many good QB's when we get there.

17 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I wish we could see what Cody could do. He looked good in the few games he played last year. Sure his arm strength is an issue but his ball accuracy was great. And he didn’t take all day to throw the ball either 

We aren't playing for 2017 and Kessler has no future in Hue's offense so why play him?

Keep Kizer in. Kizer is the better of the two. Only thing Hogan has on him is familiarity with Hue's system. Did you see Hogan's long ball? It's ain't there. Hogan can throw the short ball and the scramble. Both things I'm positive Kizer can do. Let Kizer watch what Hogan did well and copy it. AGAIN give Kizer the rest of the season. We need to see if there is any chance he has a future as a starter and if we need to pick a top QB. We are NOT going anywhere this season anyways. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Archived